Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

It's here! DMS Intake runners...

Old 01-19-2019, 12:22 PM
benben01
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

as "user1029" would say.. "these will make you more powerful... in bed..."

seriously.. detail info on the runners here..
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/1118...01whp-gt4.html
Old 01-19-2019, 02:34 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 207 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by benben01
Oh yeah, make sure you put a big comfy pillow in the trunk to sit on along with some good brew to help pass the time
Originally Posted by CAlexio
Can I ask what these do exactly?
Hey, if you have to ask this job may not be for you...
Old 01-19-2019, 03:29 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Can I ask what these do exactly?

Bottom is Stock
Middle is Dundon Race Headers+Pro Tune
Top is Dundon Race Headers, Intake Runners, IPD Plenum, GT3 TB, GT3 Muffler Adapter, Pro Tune

100whp+ gains at redline

jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 01-19-2019, 07:55 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

the tunerboy in me almost wants to go back to GT4/spyder just to bolt all this stuff on. i had intake/headers/tune on my Spyder and it was glorious.. now you added all these incredible goodies.. maybe time to buy used GT4, and build it with the shorter ratios and all this engine stuff.. argh... (resistance is futile.. i'll have my people call your people)
Old 01-19-2019, 08:21 PM
GAZZ
Pro

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Makes me want to de-modify my 987.2 and start all over again, just to have the best ever 3.4L.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:16 PM
Five12Free
Three Wheelin'

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

the tunerboy in me almost wants to go back to GT4/spyder just to bolt all this stuff on. i had intake/headers/tune on my Spyder and it was glorious.. now you added all these incredible goodies.. maybe time to buy used GT4, and build it with the shorter ratios and all this engine stuff.. argh... (resistance is futile.. i'll have my people call your people)
I think that’s a very compelling arguement for the 981 GT4. You can mod the hell out of it. Most folks don’t want to add heavy mods to GT3s, but mods these runners, 4.0L and 4.25L and X51 kits are making the GT4s very powerful.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:53 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Five12Free
I think that’s a very compelling arguement for the 981 GT4. You can mod the hell out of it. Most folks don’t want to add heavy mods to GT3s, but mods these runners, 4.0L and 4.25L and X51 kits are making the GT4s very powerful.
That's it right? Mod a relatively basic engine on a used $85k car is one thing.. but what can you do.. or dare to do.. to a 9k rpm exotic gt3 engine. also, gt4/spyder engine right behind your head is very engaging when uncorked..
Old 01-20-2019, 12:42 AM
Eric S
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I think this is why the GT4 is so appealing to me. Mod away and it's one of the most engaging P-Cars you can play with for reasonable dollars

Old 01-20-2019, 01:14 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Five12Free

Right! The best part is you can decide how you want it. I've seen a lot of crazy GT4 dynos, you can go mid-range torque monster or top end screamer based on engine mods. Zippy rattly ltw flywheel if you like that sort of thing, clubsport parts swapping if you want a track car with a VIN, GT4 or GT3 exhausts, really a lot of options to set up the car your way.

I've never seen an NA car that takes to dyno proven mods as well as the GT4, Porsche detuning has it's benefits.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:00 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric S
I think this is why the GT4 is so appealing to me. Mod away and it's one of the most engaging P-Cars you can play with for reasonable dollars
I like your V8 Boxster;
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace/952320-boxster-s-race-car-with-audi-4-2-v8-engine-and-lots-of-motec.html
Old 01-20-2019, 01:51 PM
Eric S
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Nicely built and need to get it out more for sure. The idea was to have a track car that wasn't too $$$ or pretty that I could just drive without worries.

I'm considering selling this one as well as I don't have much time and the GT4 is 1st choice to drive to the track lately.

Last edited by Eric S; 01-20-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:01 PM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by benben01
as "user1029" would say.. "these will make you more powerful... in bed..."

seriously.. detail info on the runners here..
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/1118...01whp-gt4.html
“DMS Intake runners, so your car won’t go limp past 7k”
Old 01-20-2019, 03:12 PM
Five12Free
Three Wheelin'

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45
Right! The best part is you can decide how you want it. I've seen a lot of crazy GT4 dynos, you can go mid-range torque monster or top end screamer based on engine mods. Zippy rattly ltw flywheel if you like that sort of thing, clubsport parts swapping if you want a track car with a VIN, GT4 or GT3 exhausts, really a lot of options to set up the car your way.

I've never seen an NA car that takes to dyno proven mods as well as the GT4, Porsche detuning has it's benefits.
Very true. Just look at OP... he just bought his car around the same time as me. He’s already been through three sets of wheels. Lol.

Great time to be a GT4 owner with all these great mods from Dundon, BGB, Deman, etc. Just shows you how much Porsche held back with his car.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:04 PM
G-forceGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45

From Road & Track:

Yesterday at Daytona, Porsche finally showed off the new 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport race car. The road-going 718 Cayman GT4 isn't here yet, but the Clubsport gives us a very good idea of what the eventual street car will look like. We also spoke to Porsche's head of GT Customer Motorsports, Matthias Scholz, to get more info.

One of the biggest surprises of the 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport was that it uses the naturally aspirated 3.8-liter flat-six as the old GT4 fit with a new intake manifold to raise horsepower from 385 to 425. This engine went out of production a few years ago when the 911 Carrera S switched to a 3.0-liter twin-turbo flat-six. It was a surprise to see it make a comeback, but as Scholz detailed, it makes sense for racing.

"A customer who knows the 981 generation [GT4 Clubsport]—everything technical about the car because they've learned it for three years now—can carry over their knowledge to the new car," Scholz said."The next thing is that we have very, very good experience with the engine from the 981. It's very robust, so why change it?"

Mercedes-AMG did something similar with its AMG GT3 race car, using the old 6.2-liter naturally aspirated V8 from the old SLS, rather than the 4.0-liter twin-turbo from the road car. But you're probably wondering what's going to power the 718 Cayman GT4 road car.

It won't be the 3.8-liter—Scholz told us it's only for the race car. After all, this engine hasn't been in production for a while, and it's doubtful that it meets the most recent emissions regulations.

The 3.8L 9A1 is a great engine. I'm not aware of any that have blown up. It's reliable & race proven engine that Porsche has decided to continue with in the 718 CS GT4 race car. Porsche has decided to enter the new car into the World Rally Competition!
Old 01-20-2019, 05:22 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by GAZZ
Makes me want to de-modify my 987.2 and start all over again, just to have the best ever 3.4L.
We're ready when you are!

That's it right? Mod a relatively basic engine on a used $85k car is one thing.. but what can you do.. or dare to do.. to a 9k rpm exotic gt3 engine. also, gt4/spyder engine right behind your head is very engaging when uncorked..
The 9k GT3 engine can take more as well, but cost of entry is way way higher. GT4 is the modding sweet spot, enthusiast owned, lower cost of entry and lots of solid options for modding to your desired requirements.

Originally Posted by user1029
“DMS Intake runners, so your car won’t go limp past 7k”
And all of these mods are tee'd up for the 718 GT4 as well, will all bolt on...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It's here! DMS Intake runners...