It's here! DMS Intake runners... - Page 5 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
GT4 For the Cayman GT4 and the similar to come Boxster

It's here! DMS Intake runners...

 
Old 01-20-2019, 11:05 PM
  #61  
benben01
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
benben01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 283
Default

Originally Posted by Five12Free View Post

Very true. Just look at OP... he just bought his car around the same time as me. He’s already been through three sets of wheels. Lol.

Great time to be a GT4 owner with all these great mods from Dundon, BGB, Deman, etc. Just shows you how much Porsche held back with his car.






Yes.. 3 sets of wheels and counting If roads are decent, I will be doing a shake down of the runner in 20 degree temps.. Nice artic air will make the runners happy!!!

Last edited by benben01; 01-22-2019 at 09:40 AM.
benben01 is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 09:41 AM
  #62  
benben01
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
benben01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 283
Default

Quick Update as of 01/21..

Went out for a short drive in 20 degree temps with limited traction.. Initial impressions are very positive. The best way to describe the power add is going from stock catted headers to DMS headers.. Remember that extra kick in the pants from 3k to redline? It's just like that.. For me, I have been approaching this build in increments with IPD and TB first, followed by DMS headers and then GT3 exhaust conversion. With the DMS runners, the incremental difference is definitely noticeable and no mid range dip in the power band before rocketing to redline. Power delivery is smooth and quick.. For the track drivers out their, 2nd gear corner exits will be really appreciated as it pulls hard to north of 7K with no let down.. In the past, pulls toward redline runs out of steam once you go north of 6K.. That's it for now.. Will shake it down some more when it's not so cold outside and the roads are clear of salt and sand..
benben01 is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:04 AM
  #63  
Five12Free
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Five12Free's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 842
Default

Originally Posted by benben01 View Post
Yes.. 3 sets of wheels and counting If roads are decent, I will be doing a shake down of the runner in 20 degree temps.. Nice artic air will make the runners happy!!!
the counting is the scary part...

Originally Posted by benben01 View Post
Quick Update as of 01/21..

Went out for a short drive in 20 degree temps with limited traction.. Initial impressions are very positive. The best way to describe the power add is going from stock catted headers to DMS headers.. Remember that extra kick in the pants from 3k to redline? It's just like that.. For me, I have been approaching this build in increments with IPD and TB first, followed by DMS headers and then GT3 exhaust conversion. With the DMS runners, the incremental difference is definitely noticeable and no mid range dip in the power band before rocketing to redline. Power delivery is smooth and quick.. For the track drivers out their, 2nd gear corner exits will be really appreciated as it pulls hard to north of 7K with no let down.. In the past, pulls toward redline runs out of steam once you go north of 6K.. That's it for now.. Will shake it down some more when it's not so cold outside and the roads are clear of salt and sand..
Bad ***, look forward to more insight. Looks like these might be in my future plans as well.
Five12Free is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:08 AM
  #64  
benben01
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
benben01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 283
Default

Ok James... How the heck did you squeezed in a brand new CTR into the fleet when you were skittish about getting wheels approved by the wife?
benben01 is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:14 AM
  #65  
Five12Free
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Five12Free's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 842
Default

Originally Posted by benben01 View Post
Ok James... How the heck did you squeezed in a brand new CTR into the fleet when you were skittish about getting wheels approved by the wife?
lol... I told her I wanted to buy a Civic because I needed a small commuter car with a backseat for baby. When I rolled up in the CTR, she was not amused.
Five12Free is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:16 AM
  #66  
benben01
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
benben01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 283
Default

LOL nice!!!! Can't say I didn't pull a trick or two like that in the past. Post some pics and show us some JDM love!
benben01 is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:26 AM
  #67  
Five12Free
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Five12Free's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 842
Default

Originally Posted by benben01 View Post
LOL nice!!!! Can't say I didn't pull a trick or two like that in the past. Post some pics and show us some JDM love!
From purchase day, 16 years old all over again. My first car was a CRX, and this car gives me that feeling all over again.

Five12Free is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:30 AM
  #68  
benben01
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
benben01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 283
Default

Originally Posted by Five12Free View Post

From purchase day, 16 years old all over again. My first car was a CRX, and this car gives me that feeling all over again.
Classic Type-R color.. Love it! The good news this time around is that you can forgo the pimples and nervousness around girls :P
benben01 is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:35 AM
  #69  
Five12Free
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Five12Free's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 842
Default

Originally Posted by benben01 View Post
Classic Type-R color.. Love it! The good news this time around is that you can forgo the pimples and nervousness around girls :P
The styling is a bit much, but itís hillarious when teenage girls roll up and expect to see something but are greeted by a 41 y/o.
Five12Free is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 11:34 AM
  #70  
RichFL
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
RichFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 369
Default

Wait till you're 70 and the same thing happens - lol.
RichFL is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 03:49 PM
  #71  
SGOGT4
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Danville CA
Posts: 197
Default

Originally Posted by benben01 View Post
Quick Update as of 01/21..

Went out for a short drive in 20 degree temps with limited traction.. Initial impressions are very positive. The best way to describe the power add is going from stock catted headers to DMS headers.. Remember that extra kick in the pants from 3k to redline? It's just like that.. For me, I have been approaching this build in increments with IPD and TB first, followed by DMS headers and then GT3 exhaust conversion. With the DMS runners, the incremental difference is definitely noticeable and no mid range dip in the power band before rocketing to redline. Power delivery is smooth and quick.. For the track drivers out their, 2nd gear corner exits will be really appreciated as it pulls hard to north of 7K with no let down.. In the past, pulls toward redline runs out of steam once you go north of 6K.. That's it for now.. Will shake it down some more when it's not so cold outside and the roads are clear of salt and sand..
Oh man... really need to see if I can negotiate myself some free time in the garage this weekend! Understanding our gearing has always been fairly long in these cars I've been convinced that the power drop north of 6k only exacerbates it. The added pull up top should help reduce that period up top of lots of noise but not so much go.
SGOGT4 is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 03:51 PM
  #72  
SGOGT4
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Danville CA
Posts: 197
Default

Originally Posted by Five12Free View Post

lol... I told her I wanted to buy a Civic because I needed a small commuter car with a backseat for baby. When I rolled up in the CTR, she was not amused.
Not a huge Civic guy but definitely dig your Raptor! Just picked up a Shadow Black one in November for my daily and was thinking long and hard about going with Leadfoot.
SGOGT4 is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 04:09 PM
  #73  
user1029
Super User
 
user1029's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,385
Default

What I would give to relive my high school days where I was actually one of the cool kids in school
user1029 is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 04:16 PM
  #74  
Five12Free
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Five12Free's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 842
Default

Originally Posted by SGOGT4 View Post
Not a huge Civic guy but definitely dig your Raptor! Just picked up a Shadow Black one in November for my daily and was thinking long and hard about going with Leadfoot.
I used to daily the Raptor before my Civic. Itís the ultimate daily. Go anywhere and do anything. I am not crazy about the way the civic looks but itís so much fun to drive. It definitely captures the fun of older Hondas.

Five12Free is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 04:28 PM
  #75  
CarAholic
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 473
Default

Originally Posted by benben01
Quick Update as of 01/21..

Went out for a short drive in 20 degree temps with limited traction.. Initial impressions are very positive. The best way to describe the power add is going from stock catted headers to DMS headers.. Remember that extra kick in the pants from 3k to redline? It's just like that.. For me, I have been approaching this build in increments with IPD and TB first, followed by DMS headers and then GT3 exhaust conversion. With the DMS runners, the incremental difference is definitely noticeable and no mid range dip in the power band before rocketing to redline. Power delivery is smooth and quick.. For the track drivers out their, 2nd gear corner exits will be really appreciated as it pulls hard to north of 7K with no let down.. In the past, pulls toward redline runs out of steam once you go north of 6K.. That's it for now.. Will shake it down some more when it's not so cold outside and the roads are clear of salt and sand..
Sorry if you've posted it before but do you have the tube as well? Results sound very promising.
CarAholic is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: