Sponsored by: APR

Front Axle Lift GT4 vs GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Kelsey
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Front Axle Lift GT4 vs GTS

We have a GT4 and are just able to get up the driveway without scraping. As noted, the GT4 is very stiff so when you come up the driveway at an angle, the passenger wheel is about 3 - 4 inches off the ground.

We are now thinking about getting a 991 GTS for my wife and were debating the front axle lift option ... is it needed. I know that the GTS is lowered ~ 20 mm but I assume that it is still not as low as the GT4? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-08-2019, 05:16 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 98 Posts

At least in the GT3, the front overhang is longer than on the GT4, which is why the former car has more scraping issues despite a similar ride height. If the dealer has a 991 GTS on the lot now, you might measure the length of the front overhang. If you can find the published approach angle of the GTS, I know that information has been published by Porsche for the GT4 for comparison.

Sorry couldn't be of more help.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:47 PM
Kelsey
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Good idea! Thanks
Old 01-09-2019, 12:16 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 120 Posts

I have the exact same driveway problem as you, including the rear pax wheel going 3-4 inches off the ground as I angle up onto the driveway coming home.

I had a 991.1 GTS from 2015-2017. It had the same problem, but less of it. Still had to angle to get in or out, but slightly less, and on some other recurrent nose-scrapers around my town, the GTS would barely clear and the GT4 barely scrapes. It's close, and the GTS is unlikely to solve problems the GT4 has unless the 4 is just a couple mms away from not scraping. But it is a little better in the 991GTS.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:50 AM
GTS_Ninja
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelsey
We have a GT4 and are just able to get up the driveway without scraping. As noted, the GT4 is very stiff so when you come up the driveway at an angle, the passenger wheel is about 3 - 4 inches off the ground.

We are now thinking about getting a 991 GTS for my wife and were debating the front axle lift option ... is it needed. I know that the GTS is lowered ~ 20 mm but I assume that it is still not as low as the GT4? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks
Just our of curiosity, are you taking this at enough of an angle? Honestly, it's a very cheap piece to replace. Just use it as a feeler and enjoy the heck out of the vehicle. It makes up for it 100x over.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:45 PM
Cane94
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a GT3 997.2 with lift and steep driveway. Get the lift! Although some fail at 3k repair, I still like having for driveway, speed bumps and other obstructions. Yes front lip is replaceable, but at $300 per pop (ridiculous price for a hard plastic part) I will lift any day. I replaced only 1 in 4 years and lift is reason why.

Quick Reply: Front Axle Lift GT4 vs GTS