Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Why do GT4 for sale have so many owners?

Old 12-19-2018, 01:06 PM
gtreddy
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

My guess is that most of the multi owner cars have under 1k with the first owner. In my area, it seems like a lot of people bought a GT4 when they came out with an agreement/intention of driving it a few hundred miles and then trading it back in to the dealership at MSRP so then the dealer could mark them up. This allows the dealership to maintain the illusion that they don’t markup NEW cars and the owners get to drive something different for a short period of time. It’s a win win for both parties.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:47 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by bocon
On cargurus today (12/16/2018) there are 90 GT4s for sale. 46 of them are one owner and 44 of them have multiple owners since 2016 or 2017 when car was driven off the dealer lot. I find this number of cars with multiple owners odd. For such a nice car, why does it change hands so frequently? I found many of them with 3 or 4 owners which I think is really strange. Is it simply younger buyers who want to own one over a summer but can't afford the payments and insurance year round? Or they try use it as a DD and realize that is not ideal? If you had one for a short period of time, please tell us why you sold it?
thanks
pretty common w/GT cars. a lot of people new to GT (esp GT3) - often find they don't like them for DD, clutch, noisy, rough ride, whatever) and ditch them (since they don't take a hit, or much of a hit). then you have the flippers too

so, no real worries...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why do GT4 for sale have so many owners?