Sponsored by: APR

Dundon Intake Runners

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Originally Posted by James88
^^^ Ben & Alan,you both seem to have the same exact car(s) right down to the wheels and yellow calipers. Am I seeing double ?
We ride share
Old 12-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by benben01
Just put this on the Xmas wish list hoping Mrs. Claus will obliged.. If not, I am still getting it Question of curiosity for you Jamie.. Can we see a side by side dyno comp with a stock GT3? I would imagine the pull in the upper revs will be very similar for those who are scratching their bum wondering....
Had these ready, as I figured someone would ask...

Also keep in mind this is a preliminary tune, we fully believe we can get over the 400whp line... With a D3 GT4 you have much much more torque than a GT3, all the way to 7000rpm. The thing the GT3 still has on you is 7 speed Pdk. The Holinger 3-6 gearing would do nicely...

Dundon D3 GT4 compared to stock 991.1 GT3

Dundon D3 GT4 compared to stock 991.1 GT3
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 12-08-2018, 08:52 PM
G-forceGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

It's impressive data on these new intake runners Jamie, congratulations on another great product addition to your arsenal.

I have sport cat headers & would really like to add these to my car, with your tune.

How long does the install take & is this something a DIY'er can handle or is this something that's best left to pros in a shop?
Old 12-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S
It's impressive data on these new intake runners Jamie, congratulations on another great product addition to your arsenal.

I have sport cat headers & would really like to add these to my car, with your tune.

How long does the install take & is this something a DIY'er can handle or is this something that's best left to pros in a shop?
Thanks appreciated. I’m not sure how much power the intake runners with other headers will add, they do work together for the total gains.

That said happy to get you setup.

A shop is likely best. If you’ve installed a plenum before you can likely install the runners. We are recommending a shop to install them as if the rubber seal leaks it will cause a vacuum leak, CEL etc.

install should be 4-5 hours depending on if you have a roll bar in your car or no...
Old 12-09-2018, 02:18 AM
Martini racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Ahhhh!!! man, I am still waiting for my (new batch) headers , pro tune and joey's Emotion eng. suspension pieces .. and I thought I was done . I guess the journey will continue with this intake runner . Thanks Jamie, LOL!!!!!!!!
BTW! impressive data, great work Jamie.

Last edited by Martini racer; 12-09-2018 at 03:02 AM.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:37 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Jamie,

Can you elaborate on the reason for the big hp dip at the high rpm in the GT4. Any way to smooth that out with future mods or tune?
Old 12-10-2018, 01:01 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Jamie,

Can you elaborate on the reason for the big hp dip at the high rpm in the GT4. Any way to smooth that out with future mods or tune?
Since the GT4 is limited in RPM to below 8000, we have to do more with less. Further the GT4 is a 6 speed manual, so we have less gears to deal with and it was geared rather high (for gas mileage). All of this points to having more torque lower in the RPM band. In order to do that Porsche had to design the intake manifold and cams to reach peak cylinder fill (peak torque) early and try to maintain it. They use pressure wave resonance to do this (the pressure waves inside the intake manifold bouncing around constructively and destructively). The constructive peaks are the torque peaks you see, the destructive peaks are the valleys you see. We use our headers, intake and tune together to fill in the gaps and take the entire torque curve higher stay high for longer.

991.1 GT3 torque curve shown to illustrate the difference in a higher rpm use case vs a lower rpm use case.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:28 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

When will these be available to buy and when will your next batch of race headers ready?
Old 12-10-2018, 01:36 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Charliekay
When will these be available to buy and when will your next batch of race headers ready?
Intake runners were making the first batch this week. Should have 5 pair in about 2 weeks. 2 pair are sold from that batch. If more are needed we can easily produce more.

Headers, were qualifying a new mandrel bender, the first bends will be here this week: then bends for 7 sets of headers will follow. We had to get a mill run of the tubing for the GT4 headers and it’s slated to arrive in Early Feb.

Short story, if you want a set best is to grab them and we’ll keep you updated on progress.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:19 AM
benben01
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Jamie, will the manifold come with new gaskets and necessary hardware? I want to get a head start and start prepping my car for the install.. You are calling for 4-5 hours of work so that will translate into 2-3 days for me since I have to remove the roll bar
Old 12-10-2018, 02:32 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

I may have missed it, but what is the anticipated pricing for the intake runners?
Old 12-10-2018, 02:44 PM
benben01
Rennlist Member

It's on their site...

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pe...1-38l?carid=41
Old 12-10-2018, 02:48 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey Jamie, will the manifold come with new gaskets and necessary hardware? I want to get a head start and start prepping my car for the install.. You are calling for 4-5 hours of work so that will translate into 2-3 days for me since I have to remove the roll bar
We send the gaskets (they're inexpensive). The bolts you reuse so no issue there, the rubber boots for the center plenum you reuse. (they're a bit of a PITA, so prepare yourself and make sure you prepare yourself, working on a GT4 isn't fun crammed in the trunk!
Old 12-10-2018, 03:02 PM
benben01
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
We send the gaskets (they're inexpensive). The bolts you reuse so no issue there, the rubber boots for the center plenum you reuse. (they're a bit of a PITA, so prepare yourself and make sure you prepare yourself, working on a GT4 isn't fun crammed in the trunk!
Yup yup.. My big *** wedged in the trunk area = knee and lower back pains.... So a visit to the chiro is definitely a must after the install...
Old 12-10-2018, 04:07 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Dundon Intake Runners