Salter Upright v2?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 09:40 PM
GTS_Ninja
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by SGOGT4
Think I may have been bitten by the Salter bug... while looking around this morning I noticed they offer a v2 upright which I don't think I had seen before. Anyone have them?

Version 1

Originally Posted by speedy974
The version 1 seems to look better, to me at least. I like the cross bar in v1, missing from v2.
Someone made a recent Salter post which seemed random as the hype has died down. But now I get it. .2 style risers - VERY CLEVER! I like them.

Originally Posted by speedy974
I work for a CAM company and I would not mind helping at all.

I was thinking the same. $1599 is pure madness.
Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
WTF!!!!! $1599????? Made from unobtainium!!!
On a stretch it would cost me that much to set up fixtures to make one by CNC machining center. After that it's cookie cutter time. Seriously, big plate of aluminum on a vacuum chuck. Push the green button and walk away. Come back to a lot of nested supports to pop apart.
The price is the price. Consider that the person who made these put many hours into fabrication, trial and error etc before the upright ever went into production. The Salters are extremely well thought out, very complete, down to the last detail. They come with new base covers w the 3M tape cut to perfection. Even the packaging is top notch surgical - with foam cutouts that fit the covers and uprights and perfectly. As you can tell, I was very impressed when unboxing these. It's pricey for sure, but an item like this is practically jewelry for the car. And of course, Pcar tax yo! haha

Originally Posted by 911therapy
why not just get the 6 inch risers that are out there - many places have them (autoquest, dundon, etc)
Originally Posted by SGOGT4
I’m all for competition and lower costs but hope we’re all being respective of others IP and design (not sure whether anything is proprietary). Personally if the bbi solution had the factory finish similar to Salter i’d Have been all over them.
I'll tell you what... I have seen EVERY iteration of the uprights in-person, except for the CREF version from Japan. I also have the V1 on my GT4. To be dead honest, the Salter version photos the best by far. Especially from quarter angle views. But from directly behind the car, the Salters look quite awkward as the uprights are extremely thin, and are not connected to a wingbase like the 987 racecars. They just shoot right out of the trunk and are EXTREMELY tall.

A very good friend of mine has the BBi on his personal GT4 and I am quite impressed by how they look in-person. They look WAY better than they photo. Even the add-on risers don't look so bad when the car is in motion, rather they just look bad in photos or when stationary. I love my Salter, but if i had to do it all over again, I'd get the BBi. They just look way more natural in real life or than the photos show.

Originally Posted by sal14m
Count me in
I'd also love to see what anyone else can come up with.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:08 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

I like the V1's on my GT4

Old 11-12-2018, 08:43 AM
911-140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 88 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
I like the V1's on my GT4

GT Silver is the fastest !! ...trying to resist getting Salter V1's , but seeing yours is making it impossible.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:49 AM
broady
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As an owner in the UK I get hit on import tax which makes the Salter risers even more eye watering. Still went that route though. Very high quality item, and for me the best looking by some distance
Old 11-20-2018, 09:38 PM
ACGT4
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 11-21-2018, 12:31 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Old 11-21-2018, 01:44 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by ACGT4
This car is so hot. Lust factor is high.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:32 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts

Pretty decent discount.... that did it (plus the Silver GT4 ^^) Done. V2

Last edited by SGOGT4; 11-21-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Denso
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Broady

Broady, If you ever want to sell them, let me know please.

Denso

Last edited by Denso; 07-09-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Username
Old 07-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Denso
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by broady
As an owner in the UK I get hit on import tax which makes the Salter risers even more eye watering. Still went that route though. Very high quality item, and for me the best looking by some distance
I am in UK, if you ever want to sell these i would be interested.

Denso

Quick Reply: Salter Upright v2?