Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Follow-Up question for GT4 with Carfax

Old 10-23-2018, 11:09 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Follow-Up question for GT4 with Carfax

I got some great advice from fellows here on the forum regarding my recent rear-end hit in my GT4, and appreciate all the comments. Damage came to $11k, but there was no engine/exhaust/unibody damage. The spoiler assembly was expensive and the rear steel beam had some evidence of intrusion, but the car will be fine. Trade-in value dropped about 20% according to my dealer, but when I let the insured's agent know this to get my devaluation check, he said he needs to see what the car "was worth and what it's worth now on the open market".

How do I get transaction prices of GT4s, including those with carfax reports?

Thanks,
david
Old 10-24-2018, 01:49 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

With my 10 GT3 I had to sell the car to finally get a settlement. It was a major PITA with Nationwide, the other person's insurance, in Ohio.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:13 AM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by docfink
I got some great advice from fellows here on the forum regarding my recent rear-end hit in my GT4, and appreciate all the comments. Damage came to $11k, but there was no engine/exhaust/unibody damage. The spoiler assembly was expensive and the rear steel beam had some evidence of intrusion, but the car will be fine. Trade-in value dropped about 20% according to my dealer, but when I let the insured's agent know this to get my devaluation check, he said he needs to see what the car "was worth and what it's worth now on the open market".

How do I get transaction prices of GT4s, including those with carfax reports?

Thanks,
david

Mannheim transaction history is one way. Also, it may help to find an independent insurance appraiser to help you put all the info together and make a recommendation. I would also try to put a list of comparable transaction data together for other GT4's that are currently listed on the market for sale. Best of luck.
Cheers
Old 10-24-2018, 04:41 PM
Jim Cobb
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by RolloGigolo
Mannheim transaction history is one way. Also, it may help to find an independent insurance appraiser to help you put all the info together and make a recommendation. I would also try to put a list of comparable transaction data together for other GT4's that are currently listed on the market for sale. Best of luck.
Cheers
I second the recommendation of an independent appraiser wholeheartedly. This is based on personal experience.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:11 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Cobb

I second the recommendation of an independent appraiser wholeheartedly. This is based on personal experience.
Agree. My local dealer says that they are still getting near MSRP. I would think that this is the type of data you would want to comp with.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Follow-Up question for GT4 with Carfax