Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

TAG MOTORSPORTS LWB SEAT BRACKETS. IMPROVED SEATING POSITION!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 10:33 AM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 235 Likes on 153 Posts
Default TAG MOTORSPORTS LWB SEAT BRACKETS. IMPROVED SEATING POSITION!!

Do you have LWB in your GT4 and you aren’t too comfortable with the seat angle?

These Black Anodized Aluminum Seat Brackets attach to the two front mounting points of the Porsche LWB Seats, increasing the angle of recline by 3º, for those that think the angle of the seat is too far forward.

GET THEM HERE ON OUR SITE!

If you have any questions feel free to contact us HERE

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
Old 10-23-2018, 03:13 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

just got GT4 w/LWB, I'm sure they're awesome for the track (I know sofa seats are not great for track), but personally getting in and out pretty much sucks...

I'll take sport seats
Old 10-24-2018, 02:46 PM
JayGT4
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
just got GT4 w/LWB, I'm sure they're awesome for the track (I know sofa seats are not great for track), but personally getting in and out pretty much sucks...

I'll take sport seats
Sport seats definitely better for daily driver GT4 but can't be LWB for any kind of spirited driving. Anyone install these yet? How was the install and does the 3 degree angle make much of a difference?
Old 10-24-2018, 03:31 PM
Maxed Out
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayGT4
Sport seats definitely better for daily driver GT4 but can't be LWB for any kind of spirited driving. Anyone install these yet? How was the install and does the 3 degree angle make much of a difference?
I've had these brackets for a few months now and they've made the LWB so much more bearable. It's not just the angle of your back that aids in comfort, but also the increase in under-thigh support. Will definitely be installing them again on my incoming RS.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:46 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Can anyone compare the angle of the seats with these installed compared to the angle with the Autoquest adjusters installed? I sat in an RS with the Autoquest ones installed and the seat was leaned back too much for me. Would be nice to find a setup with more angle than OE but less than with the Autoquest setup.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:09 PM
jonvo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent hours of my time coming up the original Trackspec Autosports LWB brackets, had an engineer make the CAD drawings, and had a local machine shop make them. It took multiple revisions, but I finally got it right. We are a small shop and not in the business of manufacturing parts. This was just a project I did by a customer's request. It's sad to see that people in this industry will completely rip you off- especially big shops like TAG Motorsports. This product is not just similar, it is an EXACT COPY.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:25 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Originally Posted by jonvo
I spent hours of my time coming up the original Trackspec Autosports LWB brackets, had an engineer make the CAD drawings, and had a local machine shop make them. It took multiple revisions, but I finally got it right. We are a small shop and not in the business of manufacturing parts. This was just a project I did by a customer's request. It's sad to see that people in this industry will completely rip you off- especially big shops like TAG Motorsports. This product is not just similar, it is an EXACT COPY.
When I first saw these I thought they were purchased from Trackspec Autosports and rebranded for sale by another vendor. Guess I was wrong. I have a set from Trackspec and wouldn't hesitated to buy them again from Trackspec.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:09 PM
racer_951
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This sure looks like a copy of the design from Trackspec. Jon designed this and posted it in Trackspec FB page a few months ago:

Facebook Post
Facebook Post
Facebook Post
· From L to R: 1) Handmade prototype 2) Machined prototype 3) Final product (now in stock!). Many GT3 & GT4 owners have complained that their non-reclinable Porsche Carbon Fiber LWB seats are too upright, especially when wearing a helmet. These brackets that we've designed tilt back the seats very slightly, making it more comfortable for most. Buy them now on our website http://trackspecauto.com/?fbclid=IwAR3vKG-gC79RN0SZ4MorBrDK_w9-jM0i_PV1XFqtispakFb8v7HCtiNhz3g
--
#trackspec #trackspecauto #trackspecautosports #porsche #lwb #911 #991#gt3rs #gt3 #gt4 #918 #981 #997 #porsche911 #porschegt3 #porschegt3rs
#porschegt4 #lwbseats

Facebook Post
Old 10-25-2018, 02:25 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by jonvo
Just ordered the Trackspec. I hate thieves.

Quick Reply: TAG MOTORSPORTS LWB SEAT BRACKETS. IMPROVED SEATING POSITION!!