Sponsored by: APR

What's this GT4 worth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 01:36 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts
Default What's this GT4 worth?

We recently acquired a nice GT4 from a fellow Mavs member; of course, the timing was perfect (sarcasm of course), as a super clean 997.2 GT3 is now available for us to purchase!

As much as I like the GT4, a 997.2 GT3 is kind of a holy grail car for me.

If I have to sell the GT4 with in a month, what can I reasonably get for it? It has no track time, 8500 miles, and super clean aside from a front spoiler scuff. X-Pel on the front half of the car. It is a nice build: Racing Yellow, yellow stitching, LWBs, full leather.

Prices are all over the place; I called around and a couple of dealers will buy it for $87k. Could I get, say $90k within a reasonable amount of time? I see a lot of GT4's sitting here and not moving. If I have to sell it at wholesale, I might as well sell it to a dealer instead, to avoid the hassle.

Price: $103,825.00
Racing Yellow Leather Interior Black (Stitching in Racing Yellow) Cayman GT4
473 - 20" GT4 Wheels
480 - Manual transmission
573 - 2-zone Automatic Climate Control
58 - Leather interior, Black (stitching in Racing Yellow)
620 - Bi-Xenon Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
630 - Light Design Package
643 - Sport Chrono Package incl. Porsche Track Precision App
690 - SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver and HD Radio® Receiver
750 - Deviated Stitching i.c.w. Leather Interior
802 - Wing Supports in Black
P11 - Full bucket seats P13 - Auto-Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
P23 - Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. navigation module
P3 - Racing Yellow XHN - Seat belts in Racing Yellow
Old 10-17-2018, 02:17 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Sounds like a nice GT4.

Id keep it knowing that to do otherwise you are lighting lots of money on fire. .2 is the car d'jour for sure but this happens every new GT3.

Can you get tax savings if you trade it?
Old 10-17-2018, 03:07 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BioBanker
Sounds like a nice GT4.

Id keep it knowing that to do otherwise you are lighting lots of money on fire. .2 is the car d'jour for sure but this happens every new GT3.

Can you get tax savings if you trade it?
We only have tax on new cars here. I got the car at more or less wholesale, so I am not out much. I just wonder if the market is so bad that I won't be able to find a private party buyer at anything higher than a dealer offer. It simplifies things to trade in the car, but if I could score a few K more than trade value, it would be worth it. The GT4 market seems pretty dead around here though, even at what would be normally considered below market (private party) value.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:16 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

The 87 trade in value is really good I would personally take that. It's a tough market right now for the GT4. Is the time and stress selling it yourself for maybe a couple grand more worth it to you? The price will only go down as we near winter and the eventual release of the .2 Gt4. I would assume you could move it for low 90's but now sure how fast it will move. Nothing wrong with listing it hear on rennlist to gauge interest and if no movement trade it in.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:25 PM
BGA23
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll add that a Racing Yellow car will probably take longer to sell, it isn't a color that appeals to the masses. I would think you probably could get $90K if you are very patient (I.e. you're willing to possibly wait until spring), but it is worth it to sit on the car, have cash tied up in it and keep paying insurance for the possibility of getting a few thousand more?

I've owned a 997.2 GT3 and it is truly an amazing car but depending on what you intend to do with it a GT4 may be sufficient.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:30 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Ah sorry, I read 991.2 GT3.....997.2 GT3 is

Old 10-17-2018, 03:59 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BGA23
I'll add that a Racing Yellow car will probably take longer to sell, it isn't a color that appeals to the masses. I would think you probably could get $90K if you are very patient (I.e. you're willing to possibly wait until spring), but it is worth it to sit on the car, have cash tied up in it and keep paying insurance for the possibility of getting a few thousand more?

I've owned a 997.2 GT3 and it is truly an amazing car but depending on what you intend to do with it a GT4 may be sufficient.
Yeah, tough decision! I drove a .2 GT3 last summer and the engine note, clutch feel, and 8400 rev limit was unreal. But the GT4 is no slouch either, especially with LWB's.

I plan on driving it on weekends, doing the occasional track day, and really enjoying that screaming engine! It won't be a hardcore track tool: the GT4 is cheaper to own and probably nearly as fast for a novice like me. I love the look of the GT4, don't get me wrong, but the 997.2 GT3/GT3RS is perhaps the prettiest car Porsche has ever made. It just looks and feels special.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:05 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

A few questions as I have a bit of interest in a GT4:

Where is the car located?

Warranty / CPO status ?

Service records complete ?

Has the trans been replaced ?

build date ?

Old 10-17-2018, 10:56 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim137a
A few questions as I have a bit of interest in a GT4:

Where is the car located?

Warranty / CPO status ?

Service records complete ?

Has the trans been replaced ?

build date ?

Hi,

Feel free to PM, but transmission has not needed replacement (I think that was only the early builds). All services done (it hasn't needed much!) I believe it has a CPO, but I literally just got the car a few weeks ago and need to call the dealer at some point to confirm. Previous owner said he bought it CPO'd. The car is in Dallas, and Build date is Nov 24, 2015.

I am leaning toward taking the trade however. If I end up selling it, I may throw it up for a couple of days, but if I don't get any bites, it won't be the end of the world. This is a tough crowd to sell a car to; I watched Perimiter's car sit forever, eventually at below wholesale, before it sold. plenty of tire kickers, but nobody willing to step up with cash.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:37 AM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Kg11
Hi,

Feel free to PM, but transmission has not needed replacement (I think that was only the early builds). All services done (it hasn't needed much!) I believe it has a CPO, but I literally just got the car a few weeks ago and need to call the dealer at some point to confirm. Previous owner said he bought it CPO'd. The car is in Dallas, and Build date is Nov 24, 2015.

I am leaning toward taking the trade however. If I end up selling it, I may throw it up for a couple of days, but if I don't get any bites, it won't be the end of the world. This is a tough crowd to sell a car to; I watched Perimiter's car sit forever, eventually at below wholesale, before it sold. plenty of tire kickers, but nobody willing to step up with cash.
Thanks for responding.

Im working right now with my local dealer who has a nice GT4 coming in any day, if that doesn’t pan out I’ll reach out to you.

Good luck with with the sale and with the and the 997.2.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:43 AM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 92 Posts

If it truly is a CPO car I would think $90k is obtainable. It’s a very nicely spec’d GT4. Any over revs?
Old 10-18-2018, 03:20 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Knutsm01
If it truly is a CPO car I would think $90k is obtainable. It’s a very nicely spec’d GT4. Any over revs?
Nah, it is clean. No track time, at least by the 2nd owner. He is more of a collector and needed space for an incoming RS.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

The sweet spot for these seems to be about $10k to $15k behind MSRP for a private party sale.
The positives are CPO, low mileage, full leather and full bucket seats.
The only negative is the color.
$90k private party probably is obtainable. Personally, I'd take the dealer offer and avoid the hassle.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:40 PM
nyteague
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent by serious buyer looking for a GT4.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nyteague
PM sent by serious buyer looking for a GT4.
Replied!

It definitely is CPO'd through 2021. I just confirmed.

Quick Reply: What's this GT4 worth?