Sponsored by: APR

X-Post: CPO GT4 For Sale - $84,000

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 08:04 PM
moveswiftly
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Lehman
Just as a point of reference, My GT4 has 42 track days which = 3296 track miles. Just over 10,000 total miles. 3rd gear has been replaced. I'm insuring for $87,000.

Hmm. Perhaps my estimate is substantially off then. I know it has about 50 track days and I would drive to WGI / VIR Frequently from North NJ. Either ways - in terms of track days it has 50 days.

I figure I'd usually get 4-5 30 minute sessions in a day at WGI. Each session would give you about 9 laps at WGI (3.4 miles per lap) for a total of 30 miles per session. On a daily basis that estimates out to 120-150 miles per day and there were some days where I'd have open track. SO perhaps a better estimate is 6-7,000 track miles and 10,000 miles driving to and from the track.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:05 AM
doborder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why I don’t sell cars now on rennlist. You get a bunch of tire kickers who are “enthusiasts”. They bitch and moan about every little thing about the car. Then they low ball you. I suggest you sell yours to the dealer and cut your losses. A buddy of mine did the same after being dicked around by a private party. He sold it to the dealer for more $$$ than private party. The irony of it is that the dealer took the car and flipped it for 20K more to the same private party person. Some people are idiots and are afraid of tracked cars. The GT cars are so over engineered that they are almost bullet proof on track. I speak from personal experience as I recent sold my GT4 track car with similar track miles (to a dealer) and moved on to a .2 GT3. Good luck with your sale. I would love to pick up another GT4 but I don’t have room.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:28 AM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts

Yeah I can't imagine after reading what idiots they are how someone would be less than inclined to buy a car from the far superior to everyone else Rennlister. I almost passed on owning one after lurking here and reading for a couple weeks while looking. The attitude that anyone not willing to pay whatever price is being asked for a car without trying to gather as much information as they can is likely to turn more than one person off. Do you often tell people at funerals what a useless human being the deceased was as well?

Last edited by venom51; 11-04-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:40 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by doborder
This is why I don’t sell cars now on rennlist. You get a bunch of tire kickers who are “enthusiasts”. They bitch and moan about every little thing about the car. Then they low ball you. I suggest you sell yours to the dealer and cut your losses. A buddy of mine did the same after being dicked around by a private party. He sold it to the dealer for more $$$ than private party. The irony of it is that the dealer took the car and flipped it for 20K more to the same private party person. Some people are idiots and are afraid of tracked cars. The GT cars are so over engineered that they are almost bullet proof on track. I speak from personal experience as I recent sold my GT4 track car with similar track miles (to a dealer) and moved on to a .2 GT3. Good luck with your sale. I would love to pick up another GT4 but I don’t have room.
Ya, not sure why I would list a car here. Buyers will find the car via other channels.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:49 AM
moveswiftly
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well the car is no longer for sale I am keeping it. Not worth it to sell for less than $80k. I’ll continue to enjoy the car.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:38 PM
doborder
Rennlist Member

Yeah
Not worth it! GT4 is an amazing chassis.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:47 PM
doborder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by venom51
Yeah I can't imagine after reading what idiots they are how someone would be less than inclined to buy a car from the far superior to everyone else Rennlister. I almost passed on owning one after lurking here and reading for a couple weeks while looking. The attitude that anyone not willing to pay whatever price is being asked for a car without trying to gather as much information as they can is likely to turn more than one person off. Do you often tell people at funerals what a useless human being the deceased was as well?
That's not the point. I don't have a problem with answering questions. It's the questions, pictures, repeated details that are already listed. Then they tell you they found a car for a few thousand dollars cheaper. When you tell them to get that other vehicle, they asked that you match the price. When they see your car is still for sale a week or two later, then they email you about a lower price when you already said no repeatedly.

We are all trying to be good people and strike a fair deal. I don't mind the low ballers much. The thing that ticks me off is when people pay a premium for the exact same car and because it is at a dealership they think the car is somehow magically bullet proof.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:05 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 492 Likes on 290 Posts

gonna likely get less from a dealer...

but it can be far less PITA buyers

so, trade off
Old 11-12-2018, 06:58 PM
911-140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by moveswiftly
Well the car is no longer for sale I am keeping it. Not worth it to sell for less than $80k. I’ll continue to enjoy the car.

Smart choice !!
It would have been a brutal day to have watched it drive off into the sunset .
Old 11-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,295 Likes on 1,279 Posts

Originally Posted by moveswiftly
Terrific decision.
Enjoy!

Old 11-13-2018, 11:55 AM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Terrific decision.
Enjoy!
+1
Old 11-13-2018, 12:07 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts

That's not the point. I don't have a problem with answering questions. It's the questions, pictures, repeated details that are already listed. Then they tell you they found a car for a few thousand dollars cheaper. When you tell them to get that other vehicle, they asked that you match the price. When they see your car is still for sale a week or two later, then they email you about a lower price when you already said no repeatedly.

We are all trying to be good people and strike a fair deal. I don't mind the low ballers much. The thing that ticks me off is when people pay a premium for the exact same car and because it is at a dealership they think the car is somehow magically bullet proof.
I get that. However the game is played the same by everyone. Buy low and sell high. Everyone hopes they find the guy in a bind and gets the lowest price but those would be few and far between at this price point. I got a great deal but I paid just slightly more than my original budget. I was also lucky to find a seller that approached it with the concept that a "good deal" was one we were both a little bit unhappy with in the end.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:54 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,349 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by venom51
...that a "good deal" was one we were both a little bit unhappy with in the end.
And there you have it. That's almost universally true.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:48 PM
Jim Cobb
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 68 Posts

Here in a nutshell is why if the $$ is even close, I will trade rather than sell privately every time.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:43 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Now you're going to get people offering you $80,500 all day. Too low. They had their chance - $85k is the new lowest, or you're keeping it.

BTW, you hear the latest video of the new GT4? Sounded like ***! Minimum price going higher!

Quick Reply: X-Post: CPO GT4 For Sale - $84,000