Sponsored by: APR

WTB GT4 West Coast

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 09:27 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts
Default WTB GT4 West Coast

As the title states, I’m looking to buy a GT4 as I can’t wait for the 718 GT4 to arrive. At my dealer, I'm position #2 for the 718 GT4 and #1 for the Spyder. From what I’ve been reading, it's not guaranteed even with the written deposit and waitlist position.

I’m looking for a clean lower milage GT4 on the West Coast that’s privately owned. I’m ready to move quickly on a car, I won’t need financing which will speed up the process. I'm not looking to pay MSRP as I know the market well enough, be reasonable with your asking prices.

Requirements
- West Coast (I don’t want to ship it)
- Lower miles ~5k
- Clean DME and minimal track time
- No paint work or stories
- Clear film
- Carbon buckets
- Any color but yellow
-Matching caliper to interior stitching (Red/Red - Yellow/Yellow)

Bonus items
- Full leather
- Dual zone climate
- Satin black wheels
Old 08-12-2018, 09:53 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

May not be in the west coast but there is a screaming deal on a white gt4 in classifieds at something insane like 20k below MSRP. Seem to recall it has PCCBs and red stitching though.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:58 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SGOGT4
May not be in the west coast but there is a screaming deal on a white gt4 in classifieds at something insane like 20k below MSRP. Seem to recall it has PCCBs and red stitching though.
The PCCB's with red stitching drives me nuts, I'm not sure who spec'd that out. When customers submit their builds, Porsche should audit the build list and question things that seem incorrect
Old 08-12-2018, 10:00 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

At 20k under MSRP i’d Powdercoat the calipers to match and call it a day!
Old 08-12-2018, 10:03 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

I'm only looking to own the car for one year and want a desirable build which will make selling it easier next summer. There is a GT4 10 min from me that I have an offer on continent on the DME scan but I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...660744104.html
Old 08-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

Wonder what it will cost to get all of my stitching changed from red to yellow? I like the PCCBs.😎
Old 08-13-2018, 12:46 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
I'm only looking to own the car for one year and want a desirable build which will make selling it easier next summer. There is a GT4 10 min from me that I have an offer on continent on the DME scan but I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...660744104.html
If you like that car, you should by mine — Black, Black wheels, leather, red stitching, LWBs, 3k miles, ppf. Lower MSRP than the above car (I don’t care for the rubber dash and plain door panels). What’s the agreed upon price (if you don’t mind sharing).

Have fun with the search!
Old 08-13-2018, 01:36 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Wonder what it will cost to get all of my stitching changed from red to yellow? I like the PCCBs.😎
Guards Red with matching interior stitching looks good, any other color you should have the interior stitching match the caliper color

Originally Posted by BryanCO

If you like that car, you should by mine — Black, Black wheels, leather, red stitching, LWBs, 3k miles, ppf. Lower MSRP than the above car (I don’t care for the rubber dash and plain door panels). What’s the agreed upon price (if you don’t mind sharing).

Have fun with the search!
PM me the info on your car. We agreed to $92k which is a good value considering the MSRP was $98k. The selling point for me was the full clear bra that was done extremely well. The car has 2700 miles but it looks like it has less than that, I couldn't find one mark on the entire car.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:44 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Guards Red with matching interior stitching looks good, any other color you should have the interior stitching match the caliper color

PM me the info on your car. We agreed to $92k which is a good value considering the MSRP was $98k. The selling point for me was the full clear bra that was done extremely well. The car has 2700 miles but it looks like it has less than that, I couldn't find one mark on the entire car.
Just messing around - mine isn’t for sale (well, everything has a price but I’m not close enough to the next purchase to sell). Ya, that seems reasonable if you like the spec.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:57 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by SGOGT4
That guy paid $21.5k ADM too, then he kicked it out way below market because the stitching didn't match the calipers.
The struggle is real.
Don't settle for a bad build even if it is $20k under market, just not worth it.

Exact same as that other bad build but GT silver exterior and yellow stitching matching the PCCBs
$117k MSRP, stitching properly matches calipers, $2700 full front wrap, no chips, no problems, no excuses, only 1600 miles, owner was off driving embarassing mismatched stitching to brake caliper GT4, asking $115k, In Scottsdale but I can drive it to anywhere in CA within one day.

Last edited by Perimeter; 08-13-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:39 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

I wanted stitching to match the brake calipers too. Just a minor thing but was an important detail to me. You’ll be surprised how hard matching stitching is to find for me. I was in the same boat as you, I bought my GT4 with the intention to sell it once I got a GT3 allocation. However, I still can’t find an allocation and my local dealer f’d me. So I’m glad I took the extra time to get what I really wanted.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:56 AM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

As the title states, I’m looking to buy a GT4 as I can’t wait for the 718 GT4 to arrive. At my dealer, I'm position #2 for the 718 GT4 and #1 for the Spyder. From what I’ve been reading, it's not guaranteed even with the written deposit and waitlist position.

I’m looking for a clean lower milage GT4 on the West Coast that’s privately owned. I’m ready to move quickly on a car, I won’t need financing which will speed up the process. I'm not looking to pay MSRP as I know the market well enough, be reasonable with your asking prices.

Requirements
- West Coast (I don’t want to ship it)
- Lower miles ~5k
- Clean DME and minimal track time
- No paint work or stories
- Clear film
- Carbon buckets
- Any color but yellow
-Matching caliper to interior stitching (Red/Red - Yellow/Yellow)

Bonus items
- Full leather
- Dual zone climate
- Satin black wheels

I had the exact same requirements. I especially didnt want that wart. Took me some time but the cars are out there if you look hard enough.

Perimeter, Hmu if you want to put some miles on that car as I'm also located in Scottsdale. Moved here from LA and sure miss the canyon carving. If you know some great routes pm me.

Cheers
Old 08-13-2018, 12:39 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

@Perimeter - I would be all of your car if it had lower miles and deal with the mismatch stitching to caliper colors. My only concern will be selling it once the 718 GT4 arrives. Most GT4's that are selling quickly have lower miles and lower MSRP's, which is why I'm likely going to buy the modest build black GT4 here in LA. Now if you priced your silver GT4 around 100k, it would be tempting haha
Old 08-13-2018, 12:56 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

First test drive bought that ugly mismatched car, 6 backups on list from RennList, 3 backups from AutoTrader.
Keep looking you'll find yours, they are wonderful cars to drive.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:03 PM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

@Perimeter - I would be all of your car if it had lower miles and deal with the mismatch stitching to caliper colors.
Perimeter stated that his car has 1,600 miles (pretty darn low, as you were looking for less than 5,000 originally), and he stated his stiching matched the calipers, so no issue there. Objections overcome!

Quick Reply: WTB GT4 West Coast