Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

WTB GT4 West Coast

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:32 PM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That car is actually 99% the same build as mine now that I look at it. I just hit 10k so this I think prices mine in the mid/high 90s. Been thinking about selling it so it's a good data point.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:56 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
The owner and I had agreed to $92k and I would cover the two year service (oil change + brake flush etc.) and I had the DME scanned on Monday. Then Monday night he says that he needs $95k now... yes its only $3k more but it pisses me off we had the verbal agreement at one price, I shift over funds to pay cash, then he says its now $95k. I'm going to be spending 5.5 of 8 weeks during September/October in China, if I don't land a car in the next two weeks I will need to wait.
Here'd be me:

Old 08-21-2018, 01:00 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Here'd be me:
After dealing with the local seller of the Black GT4 and having him change the price at the 11th hour, I was really happy to work with George. It's a lot more work flying out to inspect, buy, and ship the car but its worth it. I've found buying the seller is the best way to go. There are a lot of GT4's out there with crazy asking prices but the guys really looking to sell their car are much more reasonable with the selling prices.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:50 AM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts

Great choice! Damn near identical to the one I bought a few months ago!
Old 08-22-2018, 02:34 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Car was free to me in a vintage car exchange. I stand by my claim that nobody could offer better value on GT4 pricing, sold the day it was first test driven, six back ups waiting.
Well, yeah! That is why I was 2nd in line. You could have spec'd flaming pink calipers to go with brown puke stitching and I still would have been 2nd in line. Maybe 1st if Dr. Bill didn't care for that combo!
Old 08-22-2018, 10:40 AM
evil panda
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 73 Posts

aha, so matching caliper and stitching color is actually a thing?? i thought it was just me. the only thing is that the PCCB caliper color doesnt EXACTLY match the seatbelts and stitching...
Old 08-22-2018, 11:16 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by evil panda
aha, so matching caliper and stitching color is actually a thing?? i thought it was just me. the only thing is that the PCCB caliper color doesnt EXACTLY match the seatbelts and stitching...
I can verify with a spectrophotometer to see how much the L*a*b values are off if we need to quantify
Old 08-22-2018, 07:02 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
I've landed on a buying a GT4 about as far away from LA as I could get in the US haha. I'm flying out to Boston between two China work trips to buy George's GT4. I couldn't find a car that fit me better and thought I wouldn't let a quick flight and shipping hold me back.
Nice! Good spec.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:19 AM
George in NH
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Brian :-)

You're totally right about "buying the seller," but I'd also like to add "buying the buyer" to the statement. I don't like selling cars to strangers, that's why most of the cars I've sold over the years have gone to friends or family. In the rare cases of selling a car to a stranger, I've really tried hard to get to know the person prior to meeting them. I do this for two reasons...first of all, I just don't like complete strangers coming to my home, and second (and by far the most important)....I'm crippled by sentimental value! I get very emotionally attached to my cars and when the time to sell comes along, I honestly want the car to go to a good home. And even though I only owned the GT4 for a short time, I was very much emotionally attached to the car because I began my search for it within weeks of the passing of my dog Boomer. Sitting in front of the computer researching the GT4 and then searching for one really distracted me from the sadness of losing my dog. And then the excitement of finding the exact car I was looking for, the whole buying process and then waiting for delivery, again, distracted me. That's a round about way of saying that, after all the emails and talking in person, I've gotten to know you a little bit, and I'm glad you're buying the car. As much as you could've walked away from the deal, I could've as well if I didn't like you (don't mean to sound like an a**hole!!). I'm looking forward to meeting you in person, and then seeing photos of my ex-car cruising around on those awesome west coast roads! :-)
-George
Old 08-23-2018, 11:39 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,069 Likes on 1,164 Posts

Originally Posted by mousecatcher
turn markers don't match the calipers either. horrid.
Yup, which means its no longer stock.
Just terrible.

Old 08-23-2018, 02:13 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by George in NH
Hey Brian :-)

You're totally right about "buying the seller," but I'd also like to add "buying the buyer" to the statement. I don't like selling cars to strangers, that's why most of the cars I've sold over the years have gone to friends or family. In the rare cases of selling a car to a stranger, I've really tried hard to get to know the person prior to meeting them. I do this for two reasons...first of all, I just don't like complete strangers coming to my home, and second (and by far the most important)....I'm crippled by sentimental value! I get very emotionally attached to my cars and when the time to sell comes along, I honestly want the car to go to a good home. And even though I only owned the GT4 for a short time, I was very much emotionally attached to the car because I began my search for it within weeks of the passing of my dog Boomer. Sitting in front of the computer researching the GT4 and then searching for one really distracted me from the sadness of losing my dog. And then the excitement of finding the exact car I was looking for, the whole buying process and then waiting for delivery, again, distracted me. That's a round about way of saying that, after all the emails and talking in person, I've gotten to know you a little bit, and I'm glad you're buying the car. As much as you could've walked away from the deal, I could've as well if I didn't like you (don't mean to sound like an a**hole!!). I'm looking forward to meeting you in person, and then seeing photos of my ex-car cruising around on those awesome west coast roads! :-)
-George
My experience with a few sellers in the California area left a sour taste in my mouth, especially recently when a seller raised the price by $3k the day before the transaction was going to occur. What's funny is that the seller has come back to me saying he will now accept my original offer... yeah no thanks. We had a gentleman's agreement as he didn't want a deposit, I paid for the DME, and showed him I was transferring funds but it burned me.

The initial conversation with George gave me confidence in him and the car, on top of that his success story from BAT was icing on the cake. I wish I was buying his gated F430 but the GT4 will do : )
https://bringatrailer.com/2018/07/31...d-fun-new-toy/

I agree that it makes the selling experience much easier when you sell the car to somebody in the Porsche car community that will thoroughly enjoy it. I sold my 997 GT3 to Danny from Rennlist and we still stay connected via Instagram. He drove the crap out of my old car, I think putting on 20k+ miles in a few years. He recently sold it and upgraded to a 570s which I can't wait to drive.

Old 08-23-2018, 02:20 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

If you like the car and it checks out - tell him that your price is now -$5k as a result. Take it or leave it.

He took that risk when he pulled that nonsense on you - it backfired
Old 08-23-2018, 02:22 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BioBanker
If you like the car and it checks out - tell him that your price is now -$5k as a result. Take it or leave it.

He took that risk when he pulled that nonsense on you - it backfired
I'm buying George's GT4 but if anybody is looking for a nice Black GT4 out here in LA, it has my stamp of approval. 100% clear bra and its the best that I've seen on a GT4, I verified the paint, and DME is clean too.
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...660744104.html

Quick Reply: WTB GT4 West Coast