Sponsored by: APR

WTB GT4 West Coast

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 01:07 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by RolloGigolo
I had the exact same requirements. I especially didnt want that wart. Took me some time but the cars are out there if you look hard enough.

Perimeter, Hmu if you want to put some miles on that car as I'm also located in Scottsdale. Moved here from LA and sure miss the canyon carving. If you know some great routes pm me.

Cheers
I had a free white GT4 that I put all the miles on it, Touring inbound, garage space dictated my actions but yep we're getting this one out now.

The new owner is a driver, we'll be taking our GT4s on some runs, come along!
Fun driving routes in almost any direction; Tonto basin loop , Yarnell grade to Prescott, traversing the Mogollon rim, 89A/Oak Creek Canyon, Telgraph canyon to Ray ASARCO mine... see u at Cars N Coffee
Originally Posted by RolloGigolo
Perimeter stated that his car has 1,600 miles (pretty darn low, as you were looking for less than 5,000 originally), and he stated his stiching matched the calipers, so no issue there. Objections overcome!
I have Two GT4s, easy to cause confusion

Last edited by Perimeter; 08-13-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:43 PM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Ahhh, that explains it. Thank for the recommendations!

Cars and coffee is too early and too hot for me, lol
Old 08-15-2018, 02:23 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm still searching locally, the deal fell through with the local GT4. I have my eye on a car out on the East Coast but due to the car shows at Pebble Beach, I can't get enclosed shippers until the end of September.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:49 PM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good thing I have silver stitching so I don't have to deal with the ketchup/mustard contrast between calipers and seat stitching.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:16 AM
GT4John
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

LOL...my car is like your anti-Christ. But at least my stitching matches. :-)
Old 08-16-2018, 01:23 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a free white GT4 that I put all the miles on it, Touring inbound, garage space dictated my actions but yep we're getting this one out now.

The new owner is a driver, we'll be taking our GT4s on some runs, come along!
Fun driving routes in almost any direction; Tonto basin loop , Yarnell grade to Prescott, traversing the Mogollon rim, 89A/Oak Creek Canyon, Telgraph canyon to Ray ASARCO mine... see u at Cars N Coffee

I raced Tour of the Gila outside of Silver City, NM in the Pro/1. Are these the same roads we used in the Mogollon RR? Fairly flattish day, with a solid Cat 1 climb to the finish. It wasn't a crazy selective climb though; nothing like the last day with a 2x ascent of the Gila Monster. That was one tough stage race, especially for us northern guys that can't get consistent 400-500 mile weeks in over the winter. By July, we had our revenge however!
Old 08-16-2018, 01:51 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

You buy that car yet?
lets go!
Old 08-16-2018, 01:59 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Spyerx
You buy that car yet?
lets go!
The owner and I had agreed to $92k and I would cover the two year service (oil change + brake flush etc.) and I had the DME scanned on Monday. Then Monday night he says that he needs $95k now... yes its only $3k more but it pisses me off we had the verbal agreement at one price, I shift over funds to pay cash, then he says its now $95k. I'm going to be spending 5.5 of 8 weeks during September/October in China, if I don't land a car in the next two weeks I will need to wait.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:10 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

That guy paid $21.5k ADM too, then he kicked it out way below market because the stitching didn't match the calipers.
The struggle is real.
Don't settle for a bad build even if it is $20k under market, just not worth it.

Exact same as that other bad build but GT silver exterior and yellow stitching matching the PCCBs
$117k MSRP, stitching properly matches calipers, $2700 full front wrap, no chips, no problems, no excuses, only 1600 miles, owner was off driving embarassing mismatched stitching to brake caliper GT4, asking $115k, In Scottsdale but I can drive it to anywhere in CA within one day.

Wow, tough crowd! 99.7% of us would be lucky to one day own a GT4, matching stitching or not!

With that said, could a car be stitched in a different color? I suppose there is at least one upholstery expert out there that would do it for less than $20k!
Old 08-16-2018, 02:13 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
Wow, tough crowd! 99.7% of us would be lucky to one day own a GT4, matching stitching or not!

With that said, could a car be stitched in a different color? I suppose there is at least one upholstery expert out there that would do it for less than $20k!
Old 08-16-2018, 10:27 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Why change stitching when it is the Caliper color that is off. (From your name I am guessing you are in the Seattle area) Did you know Porsche Bellevue charges $2400 to change caliper color? There was def room in that $20k discount to offset that cost....Six backup buyers realized that

In fact the OP is correct that red calipers were matching .... and originally specc'ed. Then I bought the 997.2 GT3 and it had PCCBs which are amazingly impressive performers and had to change the GT4 spec order to add them.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:34 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Wow, tough crowd! 99.7% of us would be lucky to one day own a GT4, matching stitching or not!!
Car was free to me in a vintage car exchange. I stand by my claim that nobody could offer better value on GT4 pricing, sold the day it was first test driven, six back ups waiting.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:58 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
The owner and I had agreed to $92k and I would cover the two year service (oil change + brake flush etc.) and I had the DME scanned on Monday. Then Monday night he says that he needs $95k now... yes its only $3k more but it pisses me off we had the verbal agreement at one price, I shift over funds to pay cash, then he says its now $95k. I'm going to be spending 5.5 of 8 weeks during September/October in China, if I don't land a car in the next two weeks I will need to wait.
That would **** me off as well - especially after you went to trouble of having DME scanned. Don't rush - be patient there are plenty of GT4's out there and the right one will come up, don't settle! Pay up for what you want when you see it. When you are patient when the right car and deal present themselves you will be ready to act quickly.

Enjoy the hunt!

Old 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

...From your name I am guessing you are in the Seattle area...
Huh? Why wouldn't you assume from the screen name that he was from Athens, GA, at least originally?

Old 08-16-2018, 11:23 AM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by supercup
That would **** me off as well - especially after you went to trouble of having DME scanned. Don't rush - be patient there are plenty of GT4's out there and the right one will come up, don't settle! Pay up for what you want when you see it. When you are patient when the right car and deal present themselves you will be ready to act quickly.

Enjoy the hunt!
+1

Quick Reply: WTB GT4 West Coast