Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Addicted to auto blip

Old 08-12-2018, 12:49 PM
gthal
Pro

Received 515 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by mousecatcher
I believe the 350z was the first production car to be available with auto blip. Can anyone compare the gt4 with the 350/370 auto blip? Would like to hear comparison to corvette as well. I've driven all of them, but only in passing so nothing close enough to be able to make a comparison.
I find the C7 and the GT4 auto blip to be similar. The GT4 seems to better hold the revs for longer... what I mean is that in the C7 it will blip and if you don't QUICKLY release the clutch you won't get a perfect shift. The GT4 is more forgiving. The 6MT in the GT4 is simply a much better manual than the C7 anyway so not sure how much of the comparison is the autoblip vs. just a better transmission?
Old 08-12-2018, 06:21 PM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

I watched the data trace on my gr4 when I auto blip va my 996cup when I blip...

I am not bad but the auto blip is a million times better; super precise and it also results in way better and more consistent breaking.

There is a racing rule Change coming that will allow autoblip in some classes and I think for good drivers it will be .2 to .3s and for bad drivers/shifters up to a .5s combined with lower risk for mistakes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Addicted to auto blip