Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Dundon GT4 Race Headers in stock!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 02:10 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

there is definitely more mid range punch, I don't notice it high up as much, no drone, but yeah, loud!
Old 08-07-2018, 02:38 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by O5C4R
there is definitely more mid range punch, I don't notice it high up as much, no drone, but yeah, loud!
Thank you
Old 08-07-2018, 03:50 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
...An engine exhaust isn’t a fan (unless it’s turbo charged and that’s a different discussion) it’s a bunch of well timed gun shots. The pressure waves from the exhaust valve opening bounce around in the primary tube. The length and diameter you make the tube dictates when and how strong that reflected pressure wave (now a “ vacuum” wave) makes it back to the exhaust valve. If you time the reflected wave correctly you get the maximum vacuum wave to occur during intake valve and exhaust valve overlap and you’re able to suck more exhaust out of the cylinder and create a vacuum in the cylinder that sucks more air than atmospheric pressure will push into the cylinder through the intake valve. The 4th tube aids in the strength and timing of the pressure waves. This is how 40whp gains on a “non restrictive” exhaust

So by understanding the pressure waves, doing the math and building a well designed product your able to use the entire volume of the cylinder and actually super charge it a little.
Jamie, this is an interesting explanation of your header design strategically built around this timing...by this logic, does this timing only apply to WOT? Meaning, would the timing then be less than ideal at partial throttle inputs?
Old 08-08-2018, 01:57 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 371 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by switchface
Jamie, this is an interesting explanation of your header design strategically built around this timing...by this logic, does this timing only apply to WOT? Meaning, would the timing then be less than ideal at partial throttle inputs?
The timing of the engine firing is the same at part throttle or WOT. Firing order is the same, the cam timing does come into play and you see what altering the cam timing can do with our tune and headers. That said the part throttle power is also improved, the strengths of the waves are less as the cylinder pressure is less at part throttle, but the effect is the same.

jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 08-09-2018, 01:20 AM
lovetoturn
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,150 Likes on 563 Posts

Thanks for the explanation on the fourth tube. I stand corrected.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:11 AM
benben01
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

The 4th tube does act as a heimholz resonator as well since we have little to no drone with the these headers. Added benefits of having more power and no drone. Now waiting on the Jamie and company to finish the 4.5L kit. I know what I want for xmas this year
Old 08-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

There could be a few extra Dundon pieces on my car for the Fall Smokies. Andy is harder to keep up with in his newly acquired 16 RS so I've resorted to more cheating. However, my car will still be considered stock in OVR.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:57 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

The timing of the engine firing is the same at part throttle or WOT. Firing order is the same, the cam timing does come into play and you see what altering the cam timing can do with our tune and headers. That said the part throttle power is also improved, the strengths of the waves are less as the cylinder pressure is less at part throttle, but the effect is the same.
Thanks for the explanation!
Old 08-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by benben01
The 4th tube does act as a heimholz resonator as well since we have little to no drone with the these headers. Added benefits of having more power and no drone. Now waiting on the Jamie and company to finish the 4.5L kit. I know what I want for xmas this year
No drone with 3 tube or 4 tube, it's the muffler that cancels or adds drone... 4th tube is there for power...
Old 08-09-2018, 04:25 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Great addition to my GT4. I have over 10,000 miles on my Dundon headers with no CEL or drone..
Alan, you don't have a tune on yours? Any improvements in lap time? If I keep my GT4, I'll need headers. =)
Old 08-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

I have the Dundon tune. I haven't timed myself on track since I quit Club Racing. What I can say is I don't have trouble keeping up with and sometimes getting slightly ahead of a few GT3s in the Smokies. It's a much improved car. The TPC DSC and links also add into the fun factor. I'm going to have to think long and hard about the next GT4.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:12 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Alan C.
I have the Dundon tune. I haven't timed myself on track since I quit Club Racing. What I can say is I don't have trouble keeping up with and sometimes getting slightly ahead of a few GT3s in the Smokies. It's a much improved car. The TPC DSC and links also add into the fun factor. I'm going to have to think long and hard about the next GT4.
And to clarify Alan ran for about 6-9 months (Alan please correct me) without the tune before adding the tune....

He'll be one of the first to trial some of forthcoming super secret squirrel intake parts... (Don't ask, I'm not saying nothing until they're done and ready to ship, but lets just say all the stuff we do with headers is applicable to to the intake manifold as well...)

Old 08-10-2018, 04:01 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

And to clarify Alan ran for about 6-9 months (Alan please correct me) without the tune before adding the tune....

He'll be one of the first to trial some of forthcoming super secret squirrel intake parts... (Don't ask, I'm not saying nothing until they're done and ready to ship, but lets just say all the stuff we do with headers is applicable to to the intake manifold as well...)
I did wait on the tune. After taking a ride in a friend's car with the tune I was on the phone ordering mine the next day.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:42 AM
KareemGT4
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man, if there is 1 thing I miss about my ex GT4 it's the dundons.... insaaaaane downshifts!
Old 08-11-2018, 03:11 PM
RADONCulous
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

Are the gains posted with or without the tune? Any issues with CEL? Thank you very interested...

Quick Reply: Dundon GT4 Race Headers in stock!