Sponsored by: APR

WTB (or rent) Laguna GPS device for GT4

Old 06-12-2018, 09:06 PM
pvgolfer
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default WTB (or rent) Laguna GPS device for GT4

Hey everyone,
I'm heading up to Laguna Seca next month and I'm looking for a solution for passing the sound limit. Last year when I made the trip, I was flagged for 97db in my GT4 (no exhaust mods). I was able to continue the weekend by driving off-line near the sound booth to stay within the sound limits. Still an enjoyable weekend, but kept me from chasing after my best lap times.

If you are interested in selling/renting a Track Nanny or other GPS device, please PM me. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2018, 02:10 AM
pvgolfer
Racer

bump... still looking for a Laguna GPS device to control exhaust valve.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:10 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Do you intend to have your interior disassembled to install the valve wiring just for one event? Seems like a lot of effort. Unless you're chasing your last fractions of a second, I'd just short shift up the hill and stay to the far left.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:41 AM
pvgolfer
Racer

I have the carpet removed in the cargo area and currently have fairly easy access to the engine compartment. I was hoping that installation is a simple swap of the plug/connector to the valve solenoid harness? Perhaps I better re-read the DIY thread on the installation process to make sure that it's worth the effort.

If I can't find a device to borrow, then I'll heed your advice to keep to the left. That worked for me last year. I'm just reluctant to use this tactic, as my buddies will see it as an opportunity to pass me.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 06-20-2018, 12:44 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pvgolfer
I have the carpet removed in the cargo area and currently have fairly easy access to the engine compartment. I was hoping that installation is a simple swap of the plug/connector to the valve solenoid harness? Perhaps I better re-read the DIY thread on the installation process to make sure that it's worth the effort.

If I can't find a device to borrow, then I'll heed your advice to keep to the left. That worked for me last year. I'm just reluctant to use this tactic, as my buddies will see it as an opportunity to pass me.

Thanks for the advice!
Yeah it’s eoughly that simple if you have access to the engine bay. “Borrowing” one may be hard as most folks have their system installed in their car...
Old 06-20-2018, 01:33 AM
pvgolfer
Racer

^^^ Hey Mech33 - I read your thread on how you created the original Laguna GPS unit... Very impressive and a great write-up! You must be a great engineer! Fortunately through my post, someone has contacted me and offered to sell his GPS unit...I'm just waiting for additional info. If I don't purchase this one, I'm tempted to follow your instructions for building a unit myself. Your write-up makes it sound easy, but even as an electrical (software) engineer, I'm sure I'd run into some issue.

Well done, Mech33... well done!.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:38 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pvgolfer
^^^ Hey Mech33 - I read your thread on how you created the original Laguna GPS unit... Very impressive and a great write-up! You must be a great engineer! Fortunately through my post, someone has contacted me and offered to sell his GPS unit...I'm just waiting for additional info. If I don't purchase this one, I'm tempted to follow your instructions for building a unit myself. Your write-up makes it sound easy, but even as an electrical (software) engineer, I'm sure I'd run into some issue.

Well done, Mech33... well done!.
Thanks! Sorry most of the photo links are dead since the image host changed the link format, so I've been meaning to go back and fix them one day...
Old 06-27-2018, 09:20 PM
pvgolfer
Racer

Thanks everyone. I was able to find and purchase a unit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB (or rent) Laguna GPS device for GT4