Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

UPDATED - PSA - Kudoos for Jeff@Essex & Essex/Spiegler SSL warranty service

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 05:22 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts
Default UPDATED - PSA - Kudoos for Jeff@Essex & Essex/Spiegler SSL warranty service

I've got the Essex/Spiegler SSLs on my car to facilitate easy brake pad changes.

Apparently Essex/Spiegler has decided to make an update on the rear lines. Therefore they are sending out new ones at No Charge. This is all I can gleam from the invoice. Awaiting a call back to get more details.

I've had no issues with them since their original install.

Edit:
Updated title

Last edited by ExMB; 06-05-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:35 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks. You saved me a call to Essex. I too just received a "no charge" invoice and shipping notification from Essex. Although I've also had no issues with my Spiegler SSL kit, I assume someone has so I appreciate Essex being proactive. Adds true meaning to top notch customer service. The best!
Old 06-05-2018, 03:54 PM
futurz
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They are shipping out OEM hard lines for the rear. I spoke with Essex. I have their SS lines and have not had any issues.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:12 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

UPDATE

I just got off the phone with Daniel at Essex.

Background info:

These lines are used on GT3s as well. They were made aware of an issue on a GT3 due to the RWS.

Corrective action:

They researched the issue and decided that on GT3s it would be best/recommended to retain the short hard line to the caliper and go with updated SSLs.

Conclusion:

The newer lines are a little bit shorter due to the hard line interface. The GT4s are not affected by the GT3 issue and the original supplied SSLs are fine.

Dan at Essex has offered to explain/talk to owners in case more questions come up that are not answered by this post (we all know there will be).
Old 06-06-2018, 05:17 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by futurz
They are shipping out OEM hard lines for the rear. I spoke with Essex. I have their SS lines and have not had any issues.
Received the shipment today. They are replacements for each rear flexible line with a shorter flexible line. The oem hard line from caliper to bracket is to be reinstalled. Below is a pic of the replacement set and attached is the accompanying Essex TSB.
Note that " We do recognize that the GT4 does not have rear wheel steering, but we would like to exhibit an abundance of caution, and are therefore including the GT4 in this bulletin."

Spiegler replacement R lines.
Attached Images

Quick Reply: UPDATED - PSA - Kudoos for Jeff@Essex & Essex/Spiegler SSL warranty service