Sponsored by: APR

718 GT4/GT4RS Available Allocations With or Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 01:34 AM
sigar
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 718 GT4/GT4RS Available Allocations With or Without ADM

Ok, let’s start tracking them. Post up any known available allocations.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Did I miss something? Is this car announced yet?

Old 05-23-2018, 01:01 PM
sigar
Rennlist Member

No, not officially, but dealers are taking deposits and quoting ADMs.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:11 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sigar
I give up.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:12 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Ok, let’s start tracking them. Post up any known available allocations.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:10 PM
RENN GTS
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 117 Posts

Lol.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:29 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Only the shady ones, maybe....
Old 05-23-2018, 09:35 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo

I give up.
Which is why the thread went three days before the first reply.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:54 AM
digitalrurouni
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My first Porsche was the 981 Spyder. Yes I love the car. It's an amazing machine. Since my time in the Porsche world I have noticed that the Porsche owners are their own worst enemies. Many are well heeled many are not. But all of us are enthusiasts. But there's a fine line between 'fanatical enthusiasm' and 'enthusiasm'. I fall in the latter. No way would I pay 300k 400k million or whatever for a 911R even if I had the money. I think this thread is a symptom of what I am talking about. Dealer markups etc etc all this happens because we are so over enthusiastic about the upcoming product. Perhaps if we took a chill pill then that situation would disappear and people could buy the cars at a decent price and not worry about dealers and price gouging and all that. Maybe I am naive and this is just the way of the world. Good thing is there are other as good if not better alternatives instead of the 718 GT4/Spyder!!!
Old 05-24-2018, 12:27 PM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
My first Porsche was the 981 Spyder. Yes I love the car. It's an amazing machine. Since my time in the Porsche world I have noticed that the Porsche owners are their own worst enemies. Many are well heeled many are not. But all of us are enthusiasts. But there's a fine line between 'fanatical enthusiasm' and 'enthusiasm'. I fall in the latter. No way would I pay 300k 400k million or whatever for a 911R even if I had the money. I think this thread is a symptom of what I am talking about. Dealer markups etc etc all this happens because we are so over enthusiastic about the upcoming product. Perhaps if we took a chill pill then that situation would disappear and people could buy the cars at a decent price and not worry about dealers and price gouging and all that. Maybe I am naive and this is just the way of the world. Good thing is there are other as good if not better alternatives instead of the 718 GT4/Spyder!!!
Totally agree but what else is on par or better in this price range?
Old 05-24-2018, 12:42 PM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,613 Likes on 888 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
Good thing is there are other as good if not better alternatives instead of the 718 GT4/Spyder!!!
Really? What are those? Manual transmission is a must for me and that limits what options available. Second NA mid engine. Third is sub 140k price (fully optioned, not base). That leaves basically nothing else. Need to be New... not used

Old 05-24-2018, 01:08 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by 63A 981510
Really? What are those? Manual transmission is a must for me and that limits what options available. Second NA mid engine. Third is sub 140k price (fully optioned, not base). That leaves basically nothing else.
Pretty slim pickings. Maybe mid-engine Vette coming next year, if they don't kill the Manual...
Old 05-24-2018, 09:01 PM
sigar
Rennlist Member

So, perhaps I am a little anxious. I know that the car isn't announced and that no dealer has an allocation to sell yet. But, we also know that the car is imminent and dealers are taking deposits and keeping lists of interested parties. I have been in discussions with dealers on securing an allocation.(again knowing full well they don't yet have one to sell). I would like to know what other rennlisters are seeing in their market. Yes, the title is perhaps a misnomer as there are no available positions yet, but I was looking to the future.

P.S. I've been quoted $30K ADM by a dealer willing to commit one of his "early positions". I'm going to keep looking. I think I've got a different dealer willing to make a deal at MSRP with a predetermined trade in on my 981 GT4. Obviously the devil is in the details of what that value is, and I'm sure it will sting a bit.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:30 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo

I give up.

I played this game for 6 years now. Unless you are spending $1MM plus with a dealer, I'd get this in writing that you have a guaranteed allocation with your name on it before counting any chickens. I've been promised a 991.2 GT3 now by two texas dealers in Dallas and Houston that have pulled my "allocation" at the last minute to get an ADM from someone else. Only to see a flurry of people flipping them for higher than ADM in the FS forum.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:36 AM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
I played this game for 6 years now. Unless you are spending $1MM plus with a dealer, I'd get this in writing that you have a guaranteed allocation with your name on it before counting any chickens. I've been promised a 991.2 GT3 now by two texas dealers in Dallas and Houston that have pulled my "allocation" at the last minute to get an ADM from someone else. Only to see a flurry of people flipping them for higher than ADM in the FS forum.
I guess I’m lucky. I stay loyal to my dealer and they’ve always treated me well. No over market prices, back room deals...I don’t believe I’ve ever paid a deposit for any of the cars I’ve ordered, including my GT4 and incoming GT3RS.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4/GT4RS Available Allocations With or Without ADM