Sponsored by: APR

BBS 19" CH-R Test Fit on GT4 - with Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 02:02 PM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by DC640
none of this makes sense but you will win the "sexy" look contest!
Sorry if my post was confusing, but I am not sure which part doesn’t make sense? To clarify:

1) I know CH’s are heavy, but I am not trying to move to 19” wheels to make the car any lighter. I was making a joke that if I wanted to make my car lighter, I should just lose weight as the driver (ie stop eating cheeseburgers)
2) I want to move to 19” wheels to save some money on tires.
3) I already have the CH-R’s, so I don’t need to spend any incremental money to use those (ie $0)
4) If I spend $4,000 or more on Forgelines, I don’t think I will ever make that up on the difference in price between running 20” tires on my OEM rims vs running 19” tires on Forgelines.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by BillC3
Do a search in this forum. You'll find a number of people ran wheels with little clearance (like yours), and ended up damaging the wheels and the calipers when junk got into the wheel barrels while on track, even in DEs. Yes, you can save money now and run your current wheels, but there's a pretty good chance that will end up costing you more money in the long run.
I have searched and read many posts regarding running 19” wheels on the GT4. Most talk about how tight the fronts are and that they have to move the wheel weights to the inside and outside to avoid them hitting the calipers (on these BBS CH-R’s, OZ, and even Forgelines). That tells me that there can’t be much more room than with the BBS, as they almost clear the wheel weights as can be seen in my pic. I was just wondering if they were all as tight as shown in my pics.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:58 PM
jstev51080
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT4 19” wheels

Thanks for the info. My GT4 will be used for primarily track......I didn’t realize the tolerance would be so close. I have used OZ before with no issues on a 997S. At the track this weekend several people were using 19” Forgeline on their GT4s...... I need to do more research!
Old 06-10-2020, 12:11 AM
trkshoe
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Forgeline 19's on PCCB will contact the caliber when driven hard... I learned this the hard way.

Quick Reply: BBS 19" CH-R Test Fit on GT4 - with Pics