Sponsored by: APR

GT3 center exhaust conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 09:30 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts
Default GT3 center exhaust conversion?

Hey! I need to get some turn downs this year to make sure I can pass sound and that got me thinking about exhaust options. Has anyone tried the conversion to the GT3 center section and if so any feedback on sound and dyno results? Currently thinking the conversion plus a used stock GT3 exhaust or the DMS exhaust (quiet/orange) might be the way to go..... TIA!
Old 02-17-2018, 10:37 PM
PCarOMFS
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45
Hey! I need to get some turn downs this year to make sure I can pass sound and that got me thinking about exhaust options. Has anyone tried the conversion to the GT3 center section and if so any feedback on sound and dyno results? Currently thinking the conversion plus a used stock GT3 exhaust or the DMS exhaust (quiet/orange) might be the way to go..... TIA!
‘I don’t have any personal experience with GT3 exhaust conversion but TPC Racing has some dyno info on their website. Stock vs exhaust with stock tune and exhaust with a Cobb tune. The results are impressive on paper.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:27 PM
to_riffic_day
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a GT3 muffler I picked up about a month ago. I am highly considering this conversion.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:44 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by to_riffic_day
I have a GT3 muffler I picked up about a month ago. I am highly considering this conversion.
Do it and report back! I will make donations towards dyno runs
Old 02-28-2018, 04:43 PM
garyever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a heads up on considering to order that Dondon Motor Sports center Muffler (quiet/orange). I was one of the original people that Pre-Paid their discounted special offer Sept 2017 for a new product that advertised delivery in 45 days. I have recently had to resort to Cretit Card Reversal to retrieve my $3250 after 5 months of phone calls most of which were not returned and the reversal has still not been accepted by Dundon. Not certain they ever got this product off the ground and may still be collecting prepays from unsuspecting buyers.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:49 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 985 Likes on 511 Posts

Completely the opposite experience for me. I preordered headers for my GT4. I believe I received one of the first sets. Took a little longer but it was, as stated at the time, a product in development. Jamie returned every phone call and email in a very timely manner.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:27 PM
Roadster08
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 991.1 GT3 RS Titanium muffler that I will be listening FS soon for those that want to do the switch. Would need the TPC kit though to work on the GT4
Old 02-28-2018, 10:24 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by garyever
Just a heads up on considering to order that Dondon Motor Sports center Muffler (quiet/orange). I was one of the original people that Pre-Paid their discounted special offer Sept 2017 for a new product that advertised delivery in 45 days. I have recently had to resort to Cretit Card Reversal to retrieve my $3250 after 5 months of phone calls most of which were not returned and the reversal has still not been accepted by Dundon. Not certain they ever got this product off the ground and may still be collecting prepays from unsuspecting buyers.
Hi Gary, yes there were unforeseen delays in the manufacturing of our mufflers. That said, we have been shipping since shortly before your charge back. We weren't notified of your charge back or desire for a refund until after it had occurred. I reached out with this email as soon as I saw this.
Hi Gary,

We received a Chargeback on the muffler you had on order. Wanted to make sure this was accurate. We were on track to ship out your muffler next week, and am in the midst of writing an update.

Understand your frustration with waiting, we haven’t done a good job of finishing these as we had planned, but they are finishing and shipping. If we don’t hear from you, we’ll just remove you from the list. If you do change your mind, we will have to charge you again.

Thank you and sorry for not meeting your expectations.

Jamie
Also I remember talking to you a few times at the shop assuring you that at any point you wanted a refund, that the wait was too long we would be happy to refund you. The suppliers used for the mufflers didn't make the initial shells correctly and that was part of the delays. We obviously didn't communicate well enough with you on this product. For that I sincerely do apologize.

That said, we are shipping mufflers, about 4-5/week.
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 02-28-2018, 10:28 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

We just started testing our 2.5" Valved GT3 Muffler system. Tested without cats, our race headers with a Ti GT3 Center (all the Orange and Black mufflers are either on cars, in boxes or on the bench being welded!). Initial thoughts are it's louder than the GT4 exhaust, has more over all volume with the valves closed, not loud, but you can tell the car is there. Car has a more "GT3" sound to it. Is quiet cruising at 2500 rpm plus. A little more volume to the exhaust up to 2500, but not droning...

Over the next few weeks we will be testing on the dyno, with further street testing. Also will test with Cats and with the Orange Muffler (Quiet) which may be the ideal setup!

Jamie
Old 03-01-2018, 01:30 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Completely the opposite experience for me. I preordered headers for my GT4. I believe I received one of the first sets. Took a little longer but it was, as stated at the time, a product in development. Jamie returned every phone call and email in a very timely manner.
+1 I was at the tail end of the group buy and things took a little bit longer than expected but everything turned out great! GBs always just take a while but I think there's an understanding we are trading time, pre-paying, and ordering in bulk in exchange for a decent discount.

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
We just started testing our 2.5" Valved GT3 Muffler system. Tested without cats, our race headers with a Ti GT3 Center (all the Orange and Black mufflers are either on cars, in boxes or on the bench being welded!). Initial thoughts are it's louder than the GT4 exhaust, has more over all volume with the valves closed, not loud, but you can tell the car is there. Car has a more "GT3" sound to it. Is quiet cruising at 2500 rpm plus. A little more volume to the exhaust up to 2500, but not droning...

Over the next few weeks we will be testing on the dyno, with further street testing. Also will test with Cats and with the Orange Muffler (Quiet) which may be the ideal setup!

Jamie
Sweet, thanks for the details Jamie! I always just hit the PSE button when driving off but once I get settled on the highway, it's nice to be able to close the valves and almost be able to hear the radio over the tire roar and road noise, maybe even take a phone call. If you're doing a bunch of testing I'd be interested in the no cat race header plus orange muffler option
Old 03-03-2018, 05:55 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Me too, would love to put the race headers back on with a quite muffler, I miss the torque and sound
Old 03-20-2018, 06:09 PM
to_riffic_day
Racer

Well, I ordered the TPC Racing conversion kit. So give it about a month until I get the GT3 muffler on and I'll be able to share the before and after sounds.

To make things interesting,

I'll have 3 audio clips.
-Stock exhaust, CG Race headers
-GT3 Steel muffler, CG Race headers
-GT3 RS Titanium muffler, CG Race headers

I'll leave the decision of what you guys/gals want to go with afterwards.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:51 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Well, I ordered the TPC Racing conversion kit. So give it about a month until I get the GT3 muffler on and I'll be able to share the before and after sounds.

To make things interesting,

I'll have 3 audio clips.
-Stock exhaust, CG Race headers
-GT3 Steel muffler, CG Race headers
-GT3 RS Titanium muffler, CG Race headers

I'll leave the decision of what you guys/gals want to go with afterwards.
Sweet! I ordered the kit too. Will also do pre and post dynos...
Old 03-20-2018, 10:32 PM
to_riffic_day
Racer

Thumbs up

Sweet! I ordered the kit too. Will also do pre and post dynos...
Titanium muffler or steel?
Old 03-20-2018, 10:57 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Titanium muffler or steel?
Titanium cause ... Titanium....

Quick Reply: GT3 center exhaust conversion?