-Road Atlanta
- Sonoma
-Pittrace
-Mosport
-COTA
-NCM
-Barber
& Mont tremblant.

Everything Else is great to drive as long as you happen to find yourself in the neighborhood after getting lost on your way to your Destination tracks....
Old 02-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

My home track I absolutely regularly enjoy is Sebring... yes even the crazy bumpiness which is the beauty of it!

But I'd like to track at Road Atlanta, VIR, and Laguna Seca... and also COTA. I'm targeting at least one of these tracks this year.

Dream track outside N.A. would be the Ring, Spa, and even Silverstone.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Mr. Turtles
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by JSF101
My wife told me I'm her tour director so I should make a list of tracks I want to go to and plan a vacation trip.
disclaimer: since we live in TX, COTA isn't eligible because we've driven it. Also, have driven Road America (want to go back) in WI, Barber in AL, Putnam Park in IN, Utah Motorsports Park in UT, MidAmerica in IA, Heartland Park in KS, Harris Hill in TX
Have a trip planned to Rennsport in September so good time to drive some CA tracks either before or after (only had a parade lap at Laguna)
Any thoughts?

cheers,
Steve
Steve, when you come up to Canada, (I assume Tremblant with Rennsport in September), try and stop at Calabogie or Mosport or both. Calabogie is a beautiful track, very technical with 20 turns. Its a track that requires patience before getting back on the gas to be quick otherwise you just understeer everywhere. Mosport is great but in a different way. Much higher continuous speeds with less turns and no noise restrictions. And if you have the time WGI isn't that far away from the Rennsport region. Now that's got speed and turns with lots of blue walls to keep ego's in check.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:27 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nordschleife - done, but will go back
Spa - already booked for this summer
Portimao - sometimes maybe...

My personal favourite Bilster Berg is not on, I drive there very regularly. Mini Nordschleife, super technical but run off zones and save. Whoever comes to Germany should consider that one...
Old 02-12-2018, 07:50 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 224 Posts

Charlotte Motor Speedway at night under the lights in the ROVAL config... have been my best laps yet.

Originally Posted by user1029
Top 3 cars and coffee you've attended/want to attend?
...and come to Caffeine and Octane in Atlanta the first Sunday of every month for more car **** than you can take in one day.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:28 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
I have driven over 30 tracks in the US and it is hard to pick just 3 but

Watkins Glen
Sears Point
VIR

My next 3 would be
Road Atlanta
Sebring
Road America

Peter
I agree about Sears. Not usually on most people's lists of great tracks, but I think it's awesome. Super fun, though it was better in the old configuration, before the safety police forced changes.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:41 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Turtles
Steve, when you come up to Canada, (I assume Tremblant with Rennsport in September), try and stop at Calabogie or Mosport or both. Calabogie is a beautiful track, very technical with 20 turns. Its a track that requires patience before getting back on the gas to be quick otherwise you just understeer everywhere. Mosport is great but in a different way. Much higher continuous speeds with less turns and no noise restrictions. And if you have the time WGI isn't that far away from the Rennsport region. Now that's got speed and turns with lots of blue walls to keep ego's in check.
Mr Turtles

Definitely need to come to Canada (need a passport first) but I should have been more specific. Going to Rennsport Reunion VI at Laguna in Sept.

Great suggestion to combine WGI with the Canadian tracks. Trip planning commences!

Steve
Old 02-13-2018, 06:42 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by Sven76
Nordschleife - done, but will go back
Spa - already booked for this summer
Portimao - sometimes maybe...

My personal favourite Bilster Berg is not on, I drive there very regularly. Mini Nordschleife, super technical but run off zones and save. Whoever comes to Germany should consider that one...
Except that Bilster Berg is private and does not offer tourist drives. You either do follow the leader or are expected to join an event put on by an organized body.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:50 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Mosport
WGI
Tremblant/Barber/Mid Ohio tie
Old 02-14-2018, 06:09 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Except that Bilster Berg is private and does not offer tourist drives. You either do follow the leader or are expected to join an event put on by an organized body.
Tourist drives? I’d rather call those terrorist drives, that’s just madness. Don’t even do them on Nordschleife. Not sure Spa has them? Bilster Berg with commercial operators is rather cheap during weekdays and you can chose from rookie (follow the leader) to seasoned (on your own).
Old 02-14-2018, 06:51 PM
speedy974
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I have to pick three only, those would be dream locations:

- Nürburgring
- Laguna Seca
- Spa Francorchamps
Old 02-14-2018, 07:14 PM
DarkSideEwok
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nordschleife
VIR
Watkins Glen

Would love to do

Imola
Istanbul Autodrom
Sepang
Buddh International Circuit (since I am indian)
Suzuka
Old 02-16-2018, 04:10 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Top 3 I've driven:

Nordschleife VLN configuration
Spa
Sonoma

I'd like to try anything I've either raced on sims or watched on TV to make that connection. I'll never get to take BP at Yankee Stadium, but I can race on the same circuits as my heroes!
Old 02-17-2018, 04:22 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

It's quite interesting that many of us rank Spa a one the our top tracks; which I totally agree with. Obviously mostly Americans and northern hemisphere folk on the site, but if you ever do get the chance to come to Australia and can make it to either the Porsche Clubs at Easter or the Challenge Bathurst in November and can access a car then Bathurst would be a treat for you. Spa 7.0 kms and 19 turns vs Bathurst 6.2 kms and 23 turns, but the great thing about Bathurst is the 150m of vertical elevation changes (300m at Nurburgring but over 21 kms) which makes it very challenging and that bit edgier than Spa which has enormous runoff zones and a lot less vertical change (though not sure how much exactly)
Old 02-17-2018, 09:00 AM
Roric
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting thread! I already did (in order of preference):

Nurburgring Nordschleife (just unique!)
Bilsterberg
Oschersleben
Anneau du Rhin
Chenevieres
Daytona Speedway

Would love to drive: