Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

If you sold your GT4 to buy a competing car, what would it be?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 10:00 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Shockwave
It is Boy Racerish for sure but the Type R has always stood by something. Like the CR and Integra Type R i won't be surprised if they hold their value... The same can't be said for the Golf R, STI or RS.
So it’s ugly but might hold its value. Ok. Great.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:14 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 505 Likes on 255 Posts

I wouldn't sell my GT4 for one but for it being as large as it is and front wheel drive she really surprised me. She rotated well and exhibited no unusual characteristics. I use to track an Integra back in the day and these new FF's are quite extraordinary. I may seriously consider one in the future.

I just picked this up the other day and plan on re-living my youth lol. Bone stock 00 PY Integra Type R 00-1152. I was fortunate to be able to find one in good shape with matching VIN tags on all the panels. It's also never been modified and owned by an older gentlemen it's entire life.

Some say the greatest front drive sports car ever built. True unicorn. Early Honda magic, barely has any torque steer. Yellow even. How the hell did you find it? I had a Civic R in the late 80's revved it to redline and past every day for 5 years and it never wavered. Built like a tank...
Old 02-12-2018, 01:57 AM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Some say the greatest front drive sports car ever built. True unicorn. Early Honda magic, barely has any torque steer. Yellow even. How the hell did you find it? I had a Civic R in the late 80's revved it to redline and past every day for 5 years and it never wavered. Built like a tank...
I've casually looked for years... Way too many salvage or heavily modified examples so i nearly gave up. Friend got word of one and he sent me a message. Drove over to see it and the rest is history. PO was reluctant to sell the car but everything has a price. Wrote him a check and towed it home. It was purely a nostalgic purchase for me and boy does it deliver in that way. The car is so simple and so pure. Im glad i have one in such good condition. I plan on just freshening up the car and enjoy it for years to come.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:23 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 505 Likes on 255 Posts

I've casually looked for years... Way too many salvage or heavily modified examples so i nearly gave up. Friend got word of one and he sent me a message. Drove over to see it and the rest is history. PO was reluctant to sell the car but everything has a price. Wrote him a check and towed it home. It was purely a nostalgic purchase for me and boy does it deliver in that way. The car is so simple and so pure. Im glad i have one in such good condition. I plan on just freshening up the car and enjoy it for years to come.
Awesome keeper find. Enjoy in good health...
Old 02-13-2018, 11:08 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I haven't even seen the new Vantage yet (in person), or heard a damned thing about the AMR version, but that would probably be it if it can't be another Porsche product. The Corvette GS is interesting but Chevy Salesmen are skeezy.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:08 PM
RocketGuy3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably the car that I was closely weighing against the GT4 when I bought in the first place: Corvette Grand Sport.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:59 PM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

At $160k+markup the new GT3 doesn't really interest me, as it feels like too much cash to spend to upgrade and also lose the open top experience I have with the Spyder -- $80k+ to exchange just seems crazy to me for 9k RPM and another 100 horse over what I would have with the Spyder. Honestly... I can't say there's another car I would buy, and the long gearing doesn't bother me like it does many on here. Maybe an old 6 speed F355 or 6 speed F430? Not sure. I like the mid engine feel. Perhaps would consider a 997.2 GT3 RS as well. Dream would be manual Murc... but that's not going to happen. None of the newer stuff outside of the 720S really interest me, and I am not buying something that's going to tank THAT hard in value.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:09 PM
never enuf
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd get a Corvette Z06. Oh wait we already have one
Our cars at a local autocross... (wife drives too)

Old 02-21-2018, 05:25 PM
Yomi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, probably not a Colnago racing bike, but I am selling my GT4 this weekend (Carmine Red, LWB, 2700 miles) and there's a good chance I'll buy a road bike this year. I am commuting by bike now so just don't drive the car. Heck, I put more miles on my bike last year than the car got in 2 years.

Sad, but finite money and just not driving it.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:29 PM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Colnago
Old 02-22-2018, 04:46 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 123 Posts

Here's mine. I wouldn't necessarily swap the GT4 for it even up, but if I sold the GT4 I could only buy 10 of them.

Oltre XR2, Campy Record 11, Campy Bora One wheels. Not really any faster than a cheap bike -- just prettier.

Quick Reply: If you sold your GT4 to buy a competing car, what would it be?