Old 01-04-2018, 05:25 PM
cox1974
Addict
Rennlist Member

+1
Old 01-04-2018, 06:09 PM
cooperlee
User

My lips are sealed as I'm being patient and giving these guys a chance to make things right or someone will be ROASTED real bad soon..

Countless labor hours and $ have been spent to help resolve a perfect GT4.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:21 PM
ajw45
Addict
Rennlist Member

That sucks to hear, good luck and I hope things get sorted out.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:45 PM
IPSA
Addict
Rennlist Member

status please

we would like to know if there are parts or vendors to avoid.

thx
Old 01-09-2018, 03:45 AM
Mech33
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cooperlee View Post
My lips are sealed as I'm being patient and giving these guys a chance to make things right or someone will be ROASTED real bad soon..

So what's the story? What parts did you install, from what vendor, and what appears to be the issue?
Old 01-11-2018, 10:41 PM
Warwick Morris
User

Originally Posted by cooperlee View Post

I think to be fair to Rennlisters, once you raise an issue like you have, you need to keep us updated as others will likely be looking at a gearing change and making purchase decisions. I was certainly looking at this and to the best of my knowledge there is only one outfit offering a higher FD at present but I'll now need to sit back and reconsider.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:28 AM
cooperlee
User

I will have more updates and details to share next week as the transmission is being shipped back. Until my shop and I have a full analysis on where this went wrong, I think it is only fair to not disclose pre-mature information or bashing until it is 100% sure.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:30 PM
Phil T
User

I don't see how this can wrong for your mysterious shop. They tried a fix and said fix failed (this is how problems get solved....you gotta try). Said fix was then removed and the work was completed a different way. This is great on both fronts. The shop may now how the correct fix and if not we at least know they'll stand behind their work. This = a win win in my book..........Phil
Old 01-13-2018, 02:23 PM
ExMB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phil T View Post
I don't see how this can wrong for your mysterious shop. They tried a fix and said fix failed (this is how problems get solved....you gotta try). Said fix was then removed and the work was completed a different way. This is great on both fronts. The shop may now how the correct fix and if not we at least know they'll stand behind their work. This = a win win in my book..........Phil
The question that needs to be answered is if there were any additional costs involved in the diagnosis and possible attempted repair and who would be responsible for those. I wouldn't call this a win without all the missing info. And that does not even include the down time and missed enjoyment of the car.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:25 PM
Phil T
User

Originally Posted by ExMB View Post
The question that needs to be answered is if there were any additional costs involved in the diagnosis and possible attempted repair and who would be responsible for those. I wouldn't call this a win without all the missing info. And that does not even include the down time and missed enjoyment of the car.
I'm going to go out on the limb and say if OP had incurred any additional cost I think he would've dropped these guys in the grease by now. This is based off of his willingness to keep the shop private for now. So being made whole may not be a issue in this situation.....but we'll see..........Phil
Old 01-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Bill Lehman
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't see how a ring and pinion change can cause a problem unless there was an error in reassembly of the transmission.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:18 AM
cooperlee
User

We (manufacturer of parts, installer, mechanical shop) are all in communication to working things out and to minimize my extra spending (towing, shipping, labor, hardware, downtime, etc). If the 2nd and 3rd parties are willing to absorb these extra costs and the car will be running perfect once again, it will leave the names as anonymous for now. Once I have more to share, I will.