Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

New to GT4 forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Christmas50
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 63 Posts

Yes. When I was talking to San Diego dealer they had speedster they couldn't certified because of 256 over revs.
At least my dealer is not going to certify any of this cars. I don't understand either how you can over rev your car 256 times. I could understand few times but 256? Crazy
Old 12-08-2017, 06:47 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Christmas50
Looks classy. Very nice.
BTW your bike must be fun!!!
Thanks - yeah - the RR is a hoot. I love the MV Augusta as well, but the ergonomics aren't nearly as good for a tall guy as the BMW (plus, who says you can't have it all...superbike with heated grips and cruise control!).

As to over revs, you'll see in the DMA report (if you see one...and there are a bunch of threads that explain it somewhere on RL) that there are numbers given against ranges. The first two are NBD, the last four are increasingly a problem. I think if there are any numbers in the last four ranges, the car can't be certified. And you'd want to be careful of it anyway. I think the number in the range represents number of revolutions in that range...definitely not discrete times the range was hit.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Christmas50
Racer

Thanks for the explanation.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:20 PM
mcomet
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I just purchased my GT4 this past week. As others have mentioned under MSRP from a private seller. From what I can see dealerships are still listing over MSRP and trying to play hard ball..but the reality is the bubble has burst. I would think getting at least MSRP at a dealer would be likely if not less, definitely less from private sellers... That was about my experience as well.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,086 Likes on 1,174 Posts

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
OP - just to add my $.02 to the comments already posted, I bought my GT4 as a CPO from a dealer in late October and now have around 1k miles of experience with my car. For reference, I paid around $1k under original MSRP for a car with 4,500 miles. If you include the value of CPO, that's around $4k under MSRP. For me it was worth going through a dealer and I think the benefits of CPO are certainly worth the premium. If you see a car being sold at a dealer that isn't CPO, it probably means there are bad over revs (can't be certified).

I didn't originally set out to buy a GT4; I thought I was shopping for a 981 GTS, but things escalated quickly. I was only considering a manual car, and quickly found that a manual 981 GTS was going to be VERY difficult to find and I was going to likely either look for a long time, compromise on build spec, or count on getting very lucky. But then I remembered that all GT4's were manual and realized that there were a number available. I was able to test drive a manual GTS locally (not the spec I wanted) and a GT4 (now my car) on back-to-back days. I liked the GTS, but loved the GT4. I went in to the process thinking I didn't want the LWB's (because mine is my daily driver, I figured the LWB's would not be great for this use). While the LWB's require some maneuvering to get in to and out of, I've found them to be very comfortable once in the car. I've only been in them for around 2 hours on at the longest, but based on that experience, a multi-hour trip doesn't seem like a problem (6'3", 210lbs, over 50, for reference). At first I thought I would hate the back angle adjustment or would want to get a bracket that dials in more recline, but now that I've lived with them, they're great / fine.

As to value and holding their value, certainly the GT cars hold up better than their mass production counterparts. $100k isn't small change for me either, but after having had the car for several weeks, it's all academic. The car has all the qualities of a long-term keeper and I'm more in love with it now than when I first took delivery.
JD's thinking and experience above parallels mine.

I was in the market for a manual GTS, but trying to find one is like looking for a Unicorn.
I wound up buying a very low mileage GT4 from the same dealer that JD did, within one month of his purchase.
The car never had a single over-rev, so it was easy to CPO. Car came with $5,000 in clear bra, along with tinted windows and Opti-Coat Pro ceramic coating.
Paid slightly under the MSRP and pinch myself every day that I open my laundry room door into the garage and lay eyes on my Sapphire Blue beauty!
Old 12-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Christmas50
Racer

Originally Posted by mcomet
I just purchased my GT4 this past week. As others have mentioned under MSRP from a private seller. From what I can see dealerships are still listing over MSRP and trying to play hard ball..but the reality is the bubble has burst. I would think getting at least MSRP at a dealer would be likely if not less, definitely less from private sellers... That was about my experience as well.
That is what I was thinking too. We'll see
Old 12-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Christmas50
Racer

Smile

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
JD's thinking and experience above parallels mine.

I was in the market for a manual GTS, but trying to find one is like looking for a Unicorn.
I wound up buying a very low mileage GT4 from the same dealer that JD did, within one month of his purchase.
The car never had a single over-rev, so it was easy to CPO. Car came with $5,000 in clear bra, along with tinted windows and Opti-Coat Pro ceramic coating.
Paid slightly under the MSRP and pinch myself every day that I open my laundry room door into the garage and lay eyes on my Sapphire Blue beauty!
Nice! I'm happy for you
Old 12-13-2017, 12:32 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,086 Likes on 1,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Christmas50
Nice! I'm happy for you
Thanks!

And given the thread started by "Termsheet" in the GT3-RS forum on his trip to Stuttgart and pow-wow with Porsche Execs... it would certainly appear that there will be no GT4 for 2018.
Maybe 2019.... and even then, who really knows if it will stay NA.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 12-13-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:43 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

thank you for the insights. refreshing.

Quick Reply: New to GT4 forum