Sponsored by: APR

How to drive you GT4 without adding miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 12:39 AM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How to drive you GT4 without adding miles

You can even match the paint and wheels. Now if I can just get the other drivers to stop divebombing me.

Facebook Post

PS: I won the race.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:02 AM
G-forceGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

That's totally neat! I'm guessing Gran Turismo Nurburgring Ed?
Video games are so realistic now, it like you're there.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:12 AM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S
That's totally neat! I'm guessing Gran Turismo Nurburgring Ed?
Video games are so realistic now, it like you're there.
Correct. Gran Turismo Sport which now includes a couple Porsche's, including the GT4 Clubsport.

I was able to create a custom livery to match my car. If you don't change it you start with one of CJ's team cars.

This was a lobby supposedly full of "B" level sportsmanship drivers... although they didn't act like it.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:52 PM
G-forceGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Bit of a rough start, then you were holding your own. Nice that the little car bumps aren't real
Old 11-27-2017, 12:06 AM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S
Bit of a rough start, then you were holding your own. Nice that the little car bumps aren't real
Yep another benefit. There is actually a rating system that lowers your rating based on how often you hit other people and go off track. But it takes awhile to work your way up into the higher rankings. Once you get there though the racing is pretty clean.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:54 PM
964Q
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, GT has come along way. Are you using a wheel? Was close on pulling the trigger on a Fanatec setup.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:04 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow
Old 11-27-2017, 03:40 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 964Q
Wow, GT has come along way. Are you using a wheel? Was close on pulling the trigger on a Fanatec setup.
Yeah I kind of went all in and bought a cockpit, wheel and pedals. Not Fanatec level, but higher end Thrustmaster (T500RS and T3PA Pro).

GT has come quite a ways and now that you can drive P-cars, and especially the GT4 (Clubsport) I had to pull the trigger. Just an added bonus I can design my car to look almost exactly like mine.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:49 PM
964Q
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A good setup makes it very enjoyable! I liked how Forza had a Porsche pack and the engine sounds (to me) were great. Maybe it's time I "invested" in a PS4 now that Porsche has come to GT.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:28 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 152 Posts

I haven't gotten to play it much, but online racing is pretty good in Gran Turismo. The GT4 handling seems familiar as well. (Feels mid-engined and agile with weight transfer is reminiscent of the real thing).
Old 11-30-2017, 04:02 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 142 Posts

You guys should check out Assetto Corsa and iRacing on PC. I think you all would enjoy it. iRacing isn't very street car oriented but Assetto Corsa has basically everything and if you can't find something you want to drive there's definitely a mod for that. Also they are a damn good bit more realistic than GT ever will be.

Some GT4 Clubsport goodness
Old 12-01-2017, 01:33 PM
sal14m
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here’s my setup, Playseat Sensation frame with Fanatec for PS4 Pro!
my PSN ID is Sal14_XL if anyone wants to race online!

Old 12-01-2017, 01:50 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 142 Posts

I would like to do that next. I am in front of a hell of a custom PC I built but still in an office chair and an X34 predator. I think I would like to go the vr VIVE route next and a direct drive wheel. I also use fanatec gear and am waiting patiently for their new direct drive setup.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:26 PM
sal14m
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richardbf
I would like to do that next. I am in front of a hell of a custom PC I built but still in an office chair and an X34 predator. I think I would like to go the vr VIVE route next and a direct drive wheel. I also use fanatec gear and am waiting patiently for their new direct drive setup.
Direct Drive wheel, now we are talking! Those are not cheap, hoping Fanatec new release comes in a decent price point for me to consider an upgrade!
I spent $$$ mostly on the rig itself, tried the Playseat standard chair (Project Cars edition) Found it to be flimsy when teamed up with the force feedback the Fantec generates, also the middle post was really annoying and could not find a decent seating position (i'm 6' 2) My shoulders use to hurt big time after an hour or so.
Nothing compares to a well setup rig, seating position on the Sensation is fantastic, almost identical to my GT4 which is awesome, it's built like a brick and rock solid.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:18 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sal14m
Direct Drive wheel, now we are talking! Those are not cheap, hoping Fanatec new release comes in a decent price point for me to consider an upgrade!
I spent $$$ mostly on the rig itself, tried the Playseat standard chair (Project Cars edition) Found it to be flimsy when teamed up with the force feedback the Fantec generates, also the middle post was really annoying and could not find a decent seating position (i'm 6' 2) My shoulders use to hurt big time after an hour or so.
Nothing compares to a well setup rig, seating position on the Sensation is fantastic, almost identical to my GT4 which is awesome, it's built like a brick and rock solid.
The Fanatec is compatible with GT Sport? I was not aware of that. Also what cockpit is that. I bought a decent one but I am going to have to modify it a bit to be perfect. That one looks just right though without mods.

Edit: Edit just saw you did name the cockpit. Nice rig but not cheap. Looks like I will just continue modifying mine until it is right.

Quick Reply: How to drive you GT4 without adding miles