Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

How to drive you GT4 without adding miles

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 07:54 PM
drwuss
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have any of you used the VR set up with GT Sport? If so is it worth getting?
Old 12-01-2017, 07:55 PM
FLACHT6_pilot
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 94 Posts

Is the clip below from Gran Turismo Sport on PS4 or from Assetto Corsa?

Originally Posted by richardbf
You guys should check out Assetto Corsa and iRacing on PC. I think you all would enjoy it. iRacing isn't very street car oriented but Assetto Corsa has basically everything and if you can't find something you want to drive there's definitely a mod for that. Also they are a damn good bit more realistic than GT ever will be.

Some GT4 Clubsport goodness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7hmdWyrOYo
Old 12-01-2017, 08:03 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by avusm3
Pretty sure that is Assetto Corsa. I haven't played AC but I have heard it is superior to GTSport in a lot of ways, especially in accurate physics. But it is a little less natural from a lighting perspective compared to GTSport.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:07 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drwuss
Have any of you used the VR set up with GT Sport? If so is it worth getting?
Have not but I do know it only works on some tracks and you can't use it online so for my purposes it is not worth it. But on the tracks it does work on I have heard it is pretty good.

Also, I tend to get nauseous in VR driving games which is another issue. As my nephew said when I put the headset on "Careful, this makes old people sick."
Old 12-03-2017, 09:23 PM
drwuss
Racer

Originally Posted by gmaki
Have not but I do know it only works on some tracks and you can't use it online so for my purposes it is not worth it. But on the tracks it does work on I have heard it is pretty good.

Also, I tend to get nauseous in VR driving games which is another issue. As my nephew said when I put the headset on "Careful, this makes old people sick."
thanks for saving me from a trip to best buy!
Old 12-03-2017, 10:42 PM
sal14m
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gmaki

100% agree with this, don’t waste your money, VR technology although amazing, still needs development on the sim side of things, I managed 4 laps before I felt like I was going to throw up, my eyes were killing me afterwards. I am comfortable watching 3D at the movies, so no issues with my eyes as far as I know
Old 12-04-2017, 01:59 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by avusm3
Assetto Corsa. I have lots of videos on my youtube of AC play (shameless plug https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdx..._as=subscriber)
But I like AC over the console based sims for support and community mods and Assetto Corsa by far as the most. iRacing is purely subscription based and it's probably the most realistic thing out there but AC isn't too far behind in the realism department. However there is no offline/singleplayer racing in iR and it can get kind of boring from time to time with constantly scheduling races. Not to mention it adds up fast. I spent 300$ in the first month on iR for content as you have to buy basically each car and track you want. Also keep in mind that the console sim racing experiences are all kind of crap. GTsport included. I personally had high hopes for the first project cars and the second Project Cars 2 as IMO it does damage the best and the new game even has multiclass racing. I have yet to find a perfect sim.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:06 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 144 Posts

Oh and I forgot to mention Assetto Corsa has some awesome race leagues. I actually was competing in my weekly Cup series club tonight.

View this post on Instagram

Quick Reply: How to drive you GT4 without adding miles