Sponsored by: APR

Need recommendation for shipping a GT4

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Need recommendation for shipping a GT4

Can anyone recommend a good trucking company that you have used to ship a sports car?

I need to ship my GT4 from DC to NC. Looking for an enclosed truck with a lift gate.

thanks
Old 11-15-2017, 10:57 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Get quotes from our 2 Rennlist Sponsors; InterCity and Angels Ttransport.

You should drive it home. Not that far.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:04 AM
moveswiftly
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 On Intercity. I had a good experience with them. Also agree on driving it home if that's an option.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:08 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan

You should drive it home. Not that far.
Amen! Bought my car in Knoxville, four hours away. Got to enjoy a farewell drive in my C-GTS on the way up, and a welcome-to-the-family drive home in the GT4.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:37 PM
pcolony
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a good experience with Plycar, shipping from NY to CA.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:57 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

DC to NC?!? Just drive it man!
Old 11-15-2017, 04:59 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

The car needs to be left in NC for about a week and I don’t have time to wait down there for it.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:24 PM
QueueCumber
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

I've used Angels Moving Autos twice recently and both were good experiences. I've used Horsless Carriage once in the last few years and it was also a good experience.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:04 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

MotorSport 22 - Owner is a GT4 owner and transports cars for serious Porschephiles like Canepa, Blackhawk collection, Track days, etc and is very reasonably priced.

http://www.motorsport22.com

Old 11-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Reliable or PlyCar. They’re the best if you are willing to pay. Plycar shipped my Spyder West and did a great job.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Thank you guys for all the suggestions. I found a company that is going to ship the car in a single car enclosed ATC trailer and the trailer and driver will be the same in both directions. Fully insured. I am happy to not have to deal with a large truck carrying 5 or 6 cars, as the car will only need to be loaded and unloaded at my home and at the final destination in NC. Since the trailer is a single car design there will be no car above my car in the trailer, and the driver's side trailer wall will open, so the driver will not need to climb in/out the window. I will be present when the car is loaded up at my house, and if something does not look right I will be in a position to say something.

The shipper is a smaller company, as the larger outfits that others recommended were not able to meet my needs with respect to timing. My understanding is that this is a very busy time of year for shipping cars south, so capacity is limited right now.

Will post an update when I get the car back. If this works out, I may be able to recommend this shipper for those who are looking for a similar setup.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:53 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Thank you, look forward to the update
Old 12-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Thank you, look forward to the update
I just received the car back this morning and everything went well. The car looks good and the driver, who is also the owner of the truck and trailer, was really great. He told me that he recently started the car transport business after retiring from the Navy. He was very professional and communicated very well. I booked the job through a broker but if I was to transport the car again I would just contact the sub (i.e., the aforementioned driver) directly. His name is Will and his company is called Prestige Vehicle Transport Company. He is based in North Carolina. Happy to provide his number if anyone is interested.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Shandingo
I just received the car back this morning and everything went well. The car looks good and the driver, who is also the owner of the truck and trailer, was really great. He told me that he recently started the car transport business after retiring from the Navy. He was very professional and communicated very well. I booked the job through a broker but if I was to transport the car again I would just contact the sub (i.e., the aforementioned driver) directly. His name is Will and his company is called Prestige Vehicle Transport Company. He is based in North Carolina. Happy to provide his number if anyone is interested.
can you PM me his details?

thanks!
Old 12-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Five12Free
can you PM me his details?

thanks!
PM sent. Btw, I think there is at least one other company out there called Prestige Vehicle Transport. I don’t think it has “Company” at the end of the name though. I don’t believe that Will’s company is affiliated with the other operation. He said he does not have a website yet, but his company is on Facebook. Just thought I would throw that info out there to avoid potential confusion.

Quick Reply: Need recommendation for shipping a GT4