Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

718 GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 07:55 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

Going to be a tough few months for me as I check this thread multiple times a day, haha. It would be neat if we see the clubsport wing and lizard!

Last edited by MEM82; 03-06-2019 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:46 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

So GT4/Spyder reveal at Goodwood in July?
Old 03-07-2019, 03:36 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by RolloGigolo
I have read a few articles recently that suggest the GT4 will be a flat6, but turbo charged 3.0, like the 911. Thoughts?

https://www.motor1.com/news/307884/s...20-cayman-gt4/
I messaged this amateur on Instagram... he admitted to quickly writing this article and said the new GT4 will have the 3.0T from the 911S because that's what the last generation had.... wow great digging! I did point him to this thread so he can get some more insight to the possibilities.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:51 AM
LordLucan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knutsm01

Ah, the "experts" are back. Wrong about what engine would end up in the Club Sport, wrong that the road car has to have the same engine as the Club Sport, repeatedly wrong about the reveal date, repeatedly wrong about the reveal venue .......
Old 03-07-2019, 03:59 AM
LordLucan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JAhmed
Nope. 4.0 NA.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:06 AM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 100 Posts

Why does it have to be goodwood? Maybe New York in a few weeks?
Old 03-07-2019, 08:05 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by LordLucan
Ah, the "experts" are back. Wrong about what engine would end up in the Club Sport, wrong that the road car has to have the same engine as the Club Sport, repeatedly wrong about the reveal date, repeatedly wrong about the reveal venue .......
At the risk of getting put on the pariah blacklist or something, I will admit I was pulling for you through the whole weird debate a few months ago before the CS reveal. I have no dog in the hunt, but the smug arrogance of the so-called experts, with their "I go to the factory and they would never steer me wrong" proclamations, plus the sycophantic "You GO, hero!!!" cheering of their star-struck supporters ("Do you KNOW who you're questioning??? Why, he correctly predicted the release of the Gmund Coupe back in 1948!!!"), made me feel like I had wandered onto HondaFanBoi.Net, not a gathering of supposedly free-thinking professionals who can afford a car like this.

Anyway, congratulations on each of the points you make above; it seems that a) the CS is NOT 4.0, as many said; b) Porsche have already said the road car needn't be the same engine as the CS, so even if it ultimately proves to be the same your point is correct; c) I think you speculated that it might be a turbo motor, but I'm unwilling to read back enough to find out. Now that speculation looks to be wrong, but I suppose all bets are off till we see the car. I do sorta hope it is, though, just for the pure schadenfreude of seeing the overly-certain experts be wrong again; it's the cussed contrarian in me.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:35 AM
fastauto
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

“...Plus, we've got a new Cayman GT4 and Boxster Spyder coming this year with a flat-six to keep things exciting...”

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...UqWTTtDL3-CArs
Old 03-07-2019, 10:03 AM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 135 Posts

*3.0 Turbo hybrid..there I said it.

They need a test sample to see how that is going to go over with the GT3 crowd when they are forced to do it....

*I assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the prediction provided. The information contained in this prediction is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness…
Old 03-07-2019, 10:57 AM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
I messaged this amateur on Instagram... he admitted to quickly writing this article and said the new GT4 will have the 3.0T from the 911S because that's what the last generation had.... wow great digging! I did point him to this thread so he can get some more insight to the possibilities.
Awesome
Old 03-07-2019, 11:09 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,070 Likes on 1,165 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
At the risk of getting put on the pariah blacklist or something, I will admit I was pulling for you through the whole weird debate a few months ago before the CS reveal. I have no dog in the hunt, but the smug arrogance of the so-called experts, with their "I go to the factory and they would never steer me wrong" proclamations, plus the sycophantic "You GO, hero!!!" cheering of their star-struck supporters ("Do you KNOW who you're questioning??? Why, he correctly predicted the release of the Gmund Coupe back in 1948!!!"), made me feel like I had wandered onto HondaFanBoi.Net, not a gathering of supposedly free-thinking professionals who can afford a car like this.

Anyway, congratulations on each of the points you make above; it seems that a) the CS is NOT 4.0, as many said; b) Porsche have already said the road car needn't be the same engine as the CS, so even if it ultimately proves to be the same your point is correct; c) I think you speculated that it might be a turbo motor, but I'm unwilling to read back enough to find out. Now that speculation looks to be wrong, but I suppose all bets are off till we see the car. I do sorta hope it is, though, just for the pure schadenfreude of seeing the overly-certain experts be wrong again; it's the cussed contrarian in me.
+1
I was with you.
The "experts" and their fanboys were so wrong, it wasnt even funny.
Sad really.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:49 AM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 138 Posts

+1
I was with you too. No one really knows for sure.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:55 AM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,777 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by LordLucan
Guess we'll see
Old 03-07-2019, 12:00 PM
GoKart Mozart
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Word!
Old 03-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,070 Likes on 1,165 Posts

Also, one of the "experts" specifically said that the reveal for the car would take place at the LA Auto Show.
And that Geneva 2019 would be for the 992.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4?