Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

718 GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 10:11 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,013 Likes on 644 Posts

Excellent - really interested to know the gear ratios and final reduction ratio - has there been a change. Also the cog set, is it different to previous versions? Thanks
Old 01-07-2019, 10:21 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Late to the party,was I right?
Old 01-07-2019, 10:24 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Originally Posted by neanicu
Late to the party,was I right?
I just haven't seen it/them - perhaps I missed the key post
Old 01-07-2019, 10:27 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog
I just haven't seen it/them - perhaps I missed the key post
It's ok...it's buried for good in this humongous thread. Just having a little fun...
Old 01-07-2019, 10:28 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Originally Posted by neanicu
It's ok...it's buried for good in this humongous thread. Just having a little fun...
LOL no worries
Old 01-07-2019, 10:29 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceDevelopementCenter
There's a lot of mis information in these posts. The car that some members are calling "MR" is actually called the SRO car and this is different then the competition version by means of the Carbon Body work.
I was wondering why they still have the GT4 MR decal on the back of the SRO car?

Old 01-07-2019, 10:35 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog
Surely theres got to be more to it than this? plastic doors (ok not hemp), brake bias adjusters and adjustable anti-roll bars are standard stuff as are a lot of the KW suspension components seen in Manthey cars and many, many others or am I missing something??
RS1 is correct. The SRO car went on a massive diet. He knows these cars possibly better then anybody else.

The SRO has the lightweight headlights, front fenders, bumpers, hood, hatch and splitter. (all these things are expensive to replace which is why they most likely did not come on the track day car).

Bascially it is like the carbon "EVO" kit from last year with the addtion of the splitter, hatch and rear diffuser bits.

In all, very sexy. I almost do not want to wrap my car because the raw carbon looks so good!
Old 01-07-2019, 11:20 AM
Yellow Submarine
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by JCviggen
There is no obvious reason for a touring and seeing a weird mule doesn't mean much. The GT3 touring was made after the 911R success (or debacle depending on your perspective) to satisfy the manual or death crowd. There is no indication that GT4 will not have a manual (on the contrary, PDK is the unlikeliest of options still) so there is no point in a GT4 touring. If you want a road car sans wing they will make a Boxster Spyder for you. No point to make a hard top version of that and make their lives more difficult.
Originally Posted by 997rs4.0

I agree, no point in doing specific touring or R version of the gt4.

Better to just offer a wing delete option.
Yeah, maybe.

And after more careful gazing at this pics of the wingless mule, I notice that the rear brakes are only 718 S sized, not GT4 sized at all. So definitely not a GT4 without wing.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:14 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,163 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
RS1 is correct. The SRO car went on a massive diet. He knows these cars possibly better then anybody else.

The SRO has the lightweight headlights, front fenders, bumpers, hood, hatch and splitter. (all these things are expensive to replace which is why they most likely did not come on the track day car).

Bascially it is like the carbon "EVO" kit from last year with the addtion of the splitter, hatch and rear diffuser bits.

In all, very sexy. I almost do not want to wrap my car because the raw carbon looks so good!

Isn't your own 2 cars the SRO cars then?

You ordered the damn thing you should have known which option boxes you checked haha

BTW, thanks for getting Stefann a seat at Daytona !!

Cheers mate.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:31 PM
H-MAN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still more winter testing going on? Enough already.

https://www.motor1.com/news/300004/p...-spyder-spied/
Old 01-07-2019, 04:16 PM
mithiral67
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

local dealerships are taking deposits with the clubsport announcement and talking price over sticker. I am hearing $5-$10k. What are others hearing? Is that inline with the first gen?
Old 01-07-2019, 04:25 PM
matthewlesko
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by greggmorton

Very interesting. Good for 981 values!
I am operating on the assumption that 981 GT4s will continue to drop. GT4 prices have come back to Earth, probably due to a couple forces at work but I think in large part due to this anticipation of the new GT4. Porsche spokespeople have been adamant about continuing to offer manuals in a subset of driver focused cars. Not to derail this thread too much, but I just don't see why the GT4 should be a collector car (yet). Its production numbers are fairly high and its historical importance seems fairly low. That's not to say it isn't an amazing driver's car - it is. This whole concept of new Porsche collectible cars is frankly getting a bit ridiculous. It's synthetic scarcity. It's why you see like 50 GT4s for sale at any time (and it's why you can always buy a GT3RS for a premium if you're a sucker or impatient or both). The typical GT4 buyer will probably just continue to upgrade to newer / better. Until they radically change this platform (for the "worse") then these prices should follow fairly typical quality sports car depreciation curves. The main argument for this car trading at a premium was it's done - no more - never again. Now that that's no longer true, I find it quite difficult to make a good argument for the car to remain at any premium. Hopefully, none of this matters to the people on this board as I hope you're in the car for its value to you and not its value in the market. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:13 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,172 Posts

Originally Posted by mithiral67
local dealerships are taking deposits with the clubsport announcement and talking price over sticker. I am hearing $5-$10k. What are others hearing? Is that inline with the first gen?
I spoke to my SA at my dealer where I purchased a 981 GBT4 from and they had an "interest" list, but would not take a deposit until they were awarded an allocation.
And yes, he did mention that there would be an ADM.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:15 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
I spoke to my SA at my dealer where I purchased a 981 GBT4 from and they had an "interest" list, but would not take a deposit until they were awarded an allocation.

Same here (Thank God!) but I wouldn't be surprise if the feeding frenzy is starting all over again in other dealers/areas!
Old 01-07-2019, 06:17 PM
JIMMY JAMES
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

A 346 page speculation thread on a forum tells dealers all they need to know about how much to mark cars up with an ADM...

Quick Reply: 718 GT4?