GT4 For the Cayman GT4 and the similar to come Boxster

718 GT4?

Old 12-24-2018, 07:43 PM
n4v4nod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Five12Free View Post

old photos
not the first one... more of the rear diffuser is exposed... you can see the fins now.
also is there lips on the side skirts??? Or maybe sidewalk reflection.

Old 12-24-2018, 08:36 PM
JSF101
Addict
Rennlist Member

delete

Last edited by JSF101; 12-25-2018 at 01:19 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old 12-24-2018, 08:57 PM
MEM82
User

Agree the first picture is new . The car is very dirty from salt covered roads. There were snowy pictures that emerged very early this yearbut they were lacking the wing end plates and I think the scoops.

Old 12-24-2018, 08:59 PM
MEM82
User

Originally Posted by 63A 981510 View Post

not the first one... more of the rear diffuser is exposed... you can see the fins now.
also is there lips on the side skirts??? Or maybe sidewalk reflection.

I don't think there are separate lips
Old 12-26-2018, 02:09 AM
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

They need to hurry up and reveal the new GT4.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:12 AM
jmartpr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
They need to hurry up and reveal the new GT4.
At least we should know the CS details by next week...maybe even sooner!
Old 12-26-2018, 08:22 AM
LordLucan
User

Originally Posted by jmartpr View Post
Won't tell us much about the road car that's not going to be released until months afterwards, though.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:49 AM
CarAholic
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LordLucan
Won't tell us much about the road car that's not going to be released until months afterwards, though.
It will tell us the main part of the road car and that's the motor. For me the rest is inconsequential.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:53 AM
Five12Free
Addict
Rennlist Member

The anticipation is killing me

Originally Posted by LordLucan View Post
Broken record. How many times are you going to post the same comment? Going on 50 times already?
Old 12-26-2018, 10:27 AM
jmartpr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Exterior? We have enough photos here to know basically how it will look.....718 with the GT treatment, New front and rear end, new rear spoiler and that new exhaust system.
Interior? Go look at a 718 add a bit more leather/alcantara....GT4 emblems...some extra stitching and there you go.
Colors? Go check the current 718 colors.....and cross fingers your allocation falls within PTS window Same thing that happened on the 981.
The only thing in the "air" that we wont know until the actual street GT4 is revealed is if PDK will be offered as an option.......doubt any change will be made to the manual transmission (besides making sure that 3rd gear issue doesn't come back)...and how long will be the list of options offered on the GT4.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:28 AM
LordLucan
User

Originally Posted by Five12Free View Post

The anticipation is killing me

Broken record. How many times are you going to post the same comment? Going on 50 times already?
That's a bit ironic, isn't it? There's 307 pages to this forum regurgitating the same old same old!
Old 12-26-2018, 10:39 AM
Pcar81
User

Exterior? We have enough photos here to know basically how it will look.....718 with the GT treatment, New front and rear end, new rear spoiler and that new exhaust system.
Interior? Go look at a 718 add a bit more leather/alcantara....GT4 emblems...some extra stitching and there you go.
Colors? Go check the current 718 colors.....and cross fingers your allocation falls within PTS window Same thing that happened on the 981.
The only thing in the "air" that we wont know until the actual street GT4 is revealed is if PDK will be offered as an option.......doubt any change will be made to the manual transmission (besides making sure that 3rd gear issue doesn't come back)...and how long will be the list of options offered on the GT4.
NA models will probably have a center exhaust.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:46 AM
jmartpr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pcar81 View Post

NA models will probably have a center exhaust.
I really, really, REALLY hope you are right (NA GT cars should always have center exhaust, it just looks right) but that's a VERY VERY long shot due to massive amount of photos with only 1 exhaust configuration.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:03 AM
f00kie
New User

This is all so important to me though. I have a 2016 Cayman GTS, well used (about 60K km... 40K miles). Absolutely love the car, it's just shy of 3 years old. Has all the features one could spec basically (PDK, ceramic brakes, Burmester). And it puts a smile on my face every time I see it and drive it.

However, there is still this lingering feeling of wanting a car with more aggressive aero (e.g. GT car). GT3 isn't for me (too big and heavy in my opinion) -- Cayman is perfect size. However, if I go by past GT cars, the new GT4 won't have certain comfort features that I like in my GTS (e.g the keyless start system, ventilated seats, or the Burmester). Of course, no PDK would be a complete deal breaker.

You will all probably say that a GT4 is not for me, but I feel like car companies should give me the option to spec things the way I want (especially since it won't require any extra development for them) -- even if it ends up increasing the weight of the car (what other reason do they not allow it?). I guess my other option is to just get a body kit for my 981.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:04 AM
LordLucan
User

Originally Posted by CarAholic View Post
It will tell us the main part of the road car and that's the motor.
Sorry, but it wonĺt at all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 718 GT4?

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: