Sponsored by: APR

718 GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 02:57 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatte
I do but it's all been pretty boring lately.
I check when the thread is flagged as having new content. And agreed. It's been mostly irrelevant discussion not at all related to the topic. Hijacked threads are to be expected, like these posts, it's just preferred if they die quickly and we move back on topic.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:04 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Kids,what have we learned from this thread? Nothing.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:35 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,777 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by Closertotruth

And greatly appreciate his insights from a perspective most of us don’t have.
+1000

BGB and TCS have posted basically the only relevant posts in the last 10 pages.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:42 PM
JIMMY JAMES
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

I reckon mods should lock this thread until 3 January.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:06 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

you guys can follow me on the instragam for any early intell i receive prior to the roar... my handle is: tcsracing1
Old 12-12-2018, 04:13 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

Thanks tcs
Old 12-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatte
I do but it's all been pretty boring lately.
Originally Posted by iammacey
I check when the thread is flagged as having new content. And agreed. It's been mostly irrelevant discussion not at all related to the topic. Hijacked threads are to be expected, like these posts, it's just preferred if they die quickly and we move back on topic.
Originally Posted by JIMMY JAMES
I reckon mods should lock this thread until 3 January.
I think that we are all just biding our time in a mostly congenial manner until something concrete shows up.... then the fireworks will start up once again.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:12 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,777 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
you guys can follow me on the instragam for any early intell i receive prior to the roar... my handle is: tcsracing1
Old 12-12-2018, 07:49 PM
RaceDevelopementCenter
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

You guys have to keep in mind, the people that actually know the details about the car are involved with the manufacturer some way some how and much respect that relationship and therefore remain tight lipped . Having tested the car twice now, I can assure you that you (A) won't be disappointed and (B) we will have a full product line available the day the street car hits
Old 12-12-2018, 08:37 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceDevelopementCenter
...I can assure you that you (A) won't be disappointed...
Even typical Rennlisters who think all change is bad, and that lack of change is also bad?

I personally am looking forward to the new GT4/Spyder based on the comments of people like tcsracing1, BGB, and you. However, I don’t think it’s possible for Porsche to ever please certain members here with a new product, regardless of what it is.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by wizee

Even typical Rennlisters who think all change is bad, and that lack of change is also bad?

I personally am looking forward to the new GT4/Spyder based on the comments of people like tcsracing1, BGB, and you. However, I don’t think it’s possible for Porsche to ever please certain members here with a new product, regardless of what it is.
when has Porsche ever disappointed on the performance front? They always move the peformance ball forward. No one is criticizing performance gains, which is what the insiders are telling us.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:28 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,453 Likes on 906 Posts

(B) we will have a full product line available the day the street car hits
Meaning...we will get the same 9A1 engine (with a high chance of an X51 power kit added), same suspension (refined of course), same brakes but everything will be improved and better.
So I can see most mods of the current GT4 working on the next version....except my excellent sounding GT3 exhaust conversion which I will probably miss (will give it the benefit of doubt for now).
This is good as we will know right from the get-go the mods we can do.....hope they don;t mess with offsets on wheels so I can keep my Forgelines!
Old 12-12-2018, 11:07 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 590 Likes on 260 Posts

With the exception of the people that built it, Mr. RDC has more first hand knowledge of the new car than anyone else I know. In late December we are allowed to touch the race car but can't share info or pics; in early January it will be released into the wild. If you're in Central Florida the first weekend in January during the Roar Before the Rolex 24 testing, TCS Racing will give you a personal tour of his new whip and you can get up close and personal with it! Til then, we can't say much other than Dear Santa, hurry the eff up!
Old 12-12-2018, 11:27 PM
greggmorton
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
With the exception of the people that built it, Mr. RDC has more first hand knowledge of the new car than anyone else I know. In late December we are allowed to touch the race car but can't share info or pics; in early January it will be released into the wild. If you're in Central Florida the first weekend in January during the Roar Before the Rolex 24 testing, TCS Racing will give you a personal tour of his new whip and you can get up close and personal with it! Til then, we can't say much other than Dear Santa, hurry the eff up!
I'll be down that way visiting family for the holidays and would love to check it out. Are you able to share a bit more info on Roar Before and seeing TCS new GT4 (ie do I need tickets, where can you see the car once in, etc). Thanks!
Old 12-12-2018, 11:47 PM
blue_bomber697
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys have to keep in mind, the people that actually know the details about the car are involved with the manufacturer some way some how and much respect that relationship and therefore remain tight lipped . Having tested the car twice now, I can assure you that you (A) won't be disappointed and (B) we will have a full product line available the day the street car hits
Will you have RS style louvered front fenders? If I am awarded an allocation, I will be getting those ASAP! I absolutely love them on the 981 GT4.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4?