Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Help APEX Create a Better Porsche Track Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 10:05 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Any news on availability? Feb/March time frame is when I start getting my GT4 ready for track season, as well as any upgrades.

And I am looking for a 19" wheel/tire package this season
Old 01-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

Rumor has it Titan 7 has a wheel they are producing for the GT3/GT4.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:58 PM
sedwards911
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 15 Posts

Apex are good, solid wheels. Relatively light/strong. I have two sets for the Mcoupe. I have OZ's Ultraleggera's left from my previous GTS. I think they will fit with small spacers on my GT4. Would like another reasonable option so I welcome Apex's involvement.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 620 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
Any news on availability? Feb/March time frame is when I start getting my GT4 ready for track season, as well as any upgrades.

And I am looking for a 19" wheel/tire package this season
Thank you for checking in! On the production & availability front, our initial 18" pre-order group buy will commence next month with wheels in enthusiast's possession by April/May. Our 19" applications will follow thereafter and expect the GT4-optimized wheels to be in motion by Q2/Q3 2018. I know many GT4 owners were hoping for an earlier delivery with track season right around the corner, but we simply cannot accommodate production of so many different new fitments in a relatively short amount of time. Once some of our 18" fitments are introduced to the community, producing and maintaining stock is never an issue - it is only difficult coming to market with many different fitments at once. Of course we'd love to produce and push wheels as quickly as some unregulated fly-by-night wheel companies, but that's where the differences reveal themselves in the wheel industry. Delivering a wheel that is tried and tested with superior engineering to withstand continual track abuse takes precedence.

I have created new threads specific to chassis that we'll be producing wheels for in our initial production run this spring. When time comes and development progresses, I'll ask for the same from the GT4 community - an example can be seen here for the 981(non-GT4)/987.

Website - Blog - Instagram - Porsche Fitment Guides
Old 01-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sedwards911
Apex are good, solid wheels. Relatively light/strong. I have two sets for the Mcoupe. I have OZ's Ultraleggera's left from my previous GTS. I think they will fit with small spacers on my GT4. Would like another reasonable option so I welcome Apex's involvement.
Thank you for your continued vote of confidence. With our upcoming Porsche wheels, you can certainly look forward to and count on the familiar APEX quality. I look forward to working with you in the near future. In the meantime - enjoy your beautiful cars!

I too have a Titanium Silver M Coupe and Guards Red Porsche (is yours Carmine or Guards?) - so you, sir, have fantastic taste! Unbiased, of course.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:44 PM
sedwards911
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks Eric! My Carmine GTS has evolved into this!

Old 01-09-2018, 11:51 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Darn it!

Looks like a set of OZs for me.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:45 PM
Knolow
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribed
Old 03-13-2018, 03:56 PM
fastauto
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any update with respect to an ETA? Would love a set of 19's from you guys before the season starts.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:47 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fastauto
Any update with respect to an ETA? Would love a set of 19's from you guys before the season starts.
My apologies for the delayed response. Our 18" pre-order Group Buy has just commenced, and our 19" applications (GT4 included) will be available once this current group buy comes to an end. While I'd love for it to be sooner, I'd rather underpromise on our updated 19" arrival. As our 19" development progresses, I'll continue to consult and update this community.

Thank you for checking in. Please reach out with any additional questions or comments!
Old 04-17-2018, 10:42 AM
mickav8r
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll definitely be in for a 19" GT4 fitment. Very happy with the FL5's I'm running on my BMW.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:30 AM
fastauto
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by APEXRaceParts
My apologies for the delayed response. Our 18" pre-order Group Buy has just commenced, and our 19" applications (GT4 included) will be available once this current group buy comes to an end. While I'd love for it to be sooner, I'd rather underpromise on our updated 19" arrival. As our 19" development progresses, I'll continue to consult and update this community.

Thank you for checking in. Please reach out with any additional questions or comments!
What is the ETA on this? The summer is coming to an end and I need a set of 19's. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fastauto
What is the ETA on this? The summer is coming to an end and I need a set of 19's. Thanks!
We greatly appreciate your interest. Now that the 18" Porsche wheels are well in production, we are working on a 19" line. I do not have any concrete information at this time, but we really look forward to updating the community when meaningful milestones are met.

- Ryan
Old 08-04-2018, 04:32 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Just a heads up on offset.
The community has access to a lot of American made 9 inch wide front wheels that are ET50 and stick out. What's missing is American made wheels that fit correctly imho. The Japanese advan wheels for the GT4 are ET55 (the RSii 9x20) and ET56 (the RACING GT model). The special GT4 wheels from Manthey in Germany (the team that races GT4s and GT3s, who just won their class at Le Mans and won the 24 hours of the nurburgring) use ET56. See ET50 wheels that stick out on the blue car (thanks shake and bake) ! and ET55 wheels that fit perfectly imho on the red car, also from rennlist)

Old 08-07-2018, 12:37 AM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Yargk
Just a heads up on offset.
The community has access to a lot of American made 9 inch wide front wheels that are ET50 and stick out. What's missing is American made wheels that fit correctly imho. The Japanese advan wheels for the GT4 are ET55 (the RSii 9x20) and ET56 (the RACING GT model). The special GT4 wheels from Manthey in Germany (the team that races GT4s and GT3s, who just won their class at Le Mans and won the 24 hours of the nurburgring) use ET56. See ET50 wheels that stick out on the blue car (thanks shake and bake) ! and ET55 wheels that fit perfectly imho on the red car, also from rennlist)
Thank you for your post. There is certainly more on-car testing that needs to be completed prior to our official release, but inner strut clearance is the concern with any offset higher than an ET52 with a 9" wide wheel. The 19x8.5" front wheel option we will also produce for the GT4 will be the bolt-on solution for enthusiast looking for an easy, "no nonsense" fitment. This will work well with 235 or 245 wide compounds. For the more hardcore track enthusiast or racer looking for maximum sidewall support for 245, 255 and 265 compounds, the 19x9" wheel will need to have a low enough offset to ensure inner strut clearance is not compromised. This type of enthusiast will dial in a healthy amount if negative camber to ensure they get the most out of their r-compounds or slicks, which will also help tuck the top of the tire back under the front fender arches.

The Advan RSII or any other 9" ET55 may work with 245 compounds (as pictured on the red GT4), but I do not believe it can accommodate wider 255's and 265's (like a Hoosier R7) without making contact with the strut once the car is put through its paces on track (accounting for any tire deflection). For this reason our initial target was 19x9" ET50 - 52.

I believe shakeNbakes front wheels are 19x9" ET48, so ET50 - ET52 should be a small improvement in the right direction without compromising inner strut clearance.

We will have much more detailed photography and data for GT4 enthusiasts to pour over in due time, and we always welcome input from the community throughout the process.

- Ryan

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 08-07-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Help APEX Create a Better Porsche Track Wheel