Selling my Voodoo Blue GT4

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 10:27 AM
PhillyGT4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my Voodoo Blue GT4

Good morning -

This was a pretty tough decision, but I'm just not driving her nearly as much as I thought I would be. I'd rather she go to a good home who will stretch her legs more often.

Zero track time, all records available. All service performed by Porsche of the Main Line.

I'm running out the door for a few days of work travel, but I will update this post with more pictures later today or tomorrow.

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Mileage (numbers only please): 3850
Color: Voodoo Blue
VIN: WP0AC2A81GK191745
Price (no $ sign please): $132000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Options:

Lightweight Buckets
Full Leather, Yellow Stitching
Contrast Stitching
Yellow Seatbelts
PCCBs
No Sport Chrono
PCM
Platinum Wheels
Standard Climate
HD Radio/SiriusXM
Porsche Crest on center console
Carbon Fiber center console
Carbon Fiber interior package
Illuminated carbon fiber door sills with GT4 logo
Aluminum fuel cap
Bigger fuel tank
Auto dim mirrors
12 o'clock in yellow on steering wheel
Storage net

MSRP was $115,070

Other goodies:
- Xpel PPF on front bumper, hood, mirrors, front fenders, rocker panels, intakes, behind the rear wheels, and on the wing.
- Clear corner LEDs.
- Exclusive Option LWB bolster protectors
- Wheel warranty (if transferable)
- Prepaid maintenance - 2 years left (if transferable)
- 4 Michelin Alpin PA4's in stock sizes (<1,000 miles on them)

EDIT: Additional photos of color differences based on lighting condition.

Last edited by PhillyGT4; 09-20-2017 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Price reduction
Old 09-13-2017, 07:04 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Stunning car. Good luck with sale.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:02 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

I hope you get $139 or close to it. I wouldn't base my retirement plans on it, but I'd love for GT4 demand to support that price.

My local dealer (Hennessy) seems to still have the PTS Olympic Blue LWB car with <200 miles and an ask of $129k. But I'll grant you, Voodoo is prettier than Olympic.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:49 AM
PhillyGT4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I hope you get $139 or close to it. I wouldn't base my retirement plans on it, but I'd love for GT4 demand to support that price.

My local dealer (Hennessy) seems to still have the PTS Olympic Blue LWB car with <200 miles and an ask of $129k. But I'll grant you, Voodoo is prettier than Olympic.
Thanks!

We will see. I'm asking about the same amount over as Hennessey's asking for their Olympic (sans prepaid annual services and winters, FWIW).

I believe the slightly-less-optioned Voodoo Blue example in Scottsdale was asking $145k and got pretty darn near close to it just a couple of months ago.

That being said, I'll entertain any serious offer.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:56 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by PhillyGT4

I saw where one went for 84,XXX on BAT yesterday. How does 89xxx sound?
Old 09-13-2017, 12:01 PM
PhillyGT4
Intermediate

89,XXX (GBP), and I keep the LWBs
Old 09-13-2017, 12:45 PM
noro78
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

VoodJoo sell it to me for $100K?
Old 09-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I feel bad for the BaT guy... he got less than trade in value.

With other PTS cars listed near 130k I'd say this is priced well. It's a high option car with a few extras.

Considering RS and GT3 cars are getting double this premium, I think it will sell. Not to mention, PTS is nearly 13k now for GT cars.

GLWS!

Note: I do have some bias- as being an owner of one of the 4/5 Voodoo GT4 cars in North America. I believe this car is one of two with yellow stitching/lwb/pccb... mine being the other.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:46 PM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

Good luck! Stunning car.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:30 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Thanks!

We will see. I'm asking about the same amount over as Hennessey's asking for their Olympic (sans prepaid annual services and winters, FWIW).

I believe the slightly-less-optioned Voodoo Blue example in Scottsdale was asking $145k and got pretty darn near close to it just a couple of months ago.

I guess if the buyer has the scratch for 25k over he can drive it in the snow...
Old 09-13-2017, 02:45 PM
PhillyGT4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BryanCO
I guess if the buyer has the scratch for 25k over he can drive it in the snow...
The Dunlops can be pretty squirrelly under 50*F in my experience. I'd rather have the appropriate tires for the temperature than risk much more than that without them.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:47 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

The Dunlops can be pretty squirrelly under 50*F in my experience. I'd rather have the appropriate tires for the temperature than risk much more than that without them.
I have the Dunlop's and generally agree.

But why buy a winter/snow tire if you are just worried about temps? Unless you want the flexibility to drive in the snow/ice.

I live in Colorado and have winter/snow tires for our DD's...

Anyway, glws
Old 09-13-2017, 09:19 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

wow, what a spec. love the buckets, yellow stitch and CCB's. having seen Voodoo in the flesh on an RS, this must be amazing. Voodoo reigns supreme among the Porsche blues. GLWS. I have to imagine such a great spec with get someone to pay a premium for this car - it's rare and life is short
Old 09-13-2017, 11:17 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by Brosef
I have to imagine such a great spec with get someone to pay a premium for this car - it's rare and life is short
I agree. I am generally that way on a special Porsche (special to me, I mean.) I don't quibble and will even overpay (according to market pricing) to get exactly what I want. My last Turbo was that way -- I wanted a Mezger Turbo (997.1) in GT Silver/Black, full leather, no sunroof, under 20k miles, stock, no stories. Sunroof-delete was the killer spec as far as hard to find.

When it finally turned up (ironically 12 miles from my home, even though I was conducting a nationwide search) the seller was about $7k higher than market would suggest it should be priced. I think I got him down $1000 and then he was through dropping. I pulled out my checkbook. Losing the car would have hurt a lot more than paying a little more. Or put another way: losing the Turbo would have left a big, visible hole in my garage that I would think about every day till I found another with that spec, maybe several more months. But losing the $6000 was an abstract -- it didn't actually change a single thing about my life. And the good news was, 2 years and 8000 miles later when I sold it I got the same amount for it.

Sooooo... if I were looking for a GT4 in Voodoo, or just in any vibrant blue PTS, and this one had the spec I wanted, and there was exactly one for sale at that time in the US, I wouldn't think twice about overpaying. Because if I settled for Sapphire Blue Metallic instead, every time I looked at it I'd feel the loss. But the money... that's just a number somewhere. Forgotten days later.

Irish Green would have done it for me, but none came up for sale while I was looking and I got impatient.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:31 PM
QueueCumber
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree. I am generally that way on a special Porsche (special to me, I mean.) I don't quibble and will even overpay (according to market pricing) to get exactly what I want. My last Turbo was that way -- I wanted a Mezger Turbo (997.1) in GT Silver/Black, full leather, no sunroof, under 20k miles, stock, no stories. Sunroof-delete was the killer spec as far as hard to find.

When it finally turned up (ironically 12 miles from my home, even though I was conducting a nationwide search) the seller was about $7k higher than market would suggest it should be priced. I think I got him down $1000 and then he was through dropping. I pulled out my checkbook. Losing the car would have hurt a lot more than paying a little more. Or put another way: losing the Turbo would have left a big, visible hole in my garage that I would think about every day till I found another with that spec, maybe several more months. But losing the $6000 was an abstract -- it didn't actually change a single thing about my life. And the good news was, 2 years and 8000 miles later when I sold it I got the same amount for it.

Sooooo... if I were looking for a GT4 in Voodoo, or just in any vibrant blue PTS, and this one had the spec I wanted, and there was exactly one for sale at that time in the US, I wouldn't think twice about overpaying. Because if I settled for Sapphire Blue Metallic instead, every time I looked at it I'd feel the loss. But the money... that's just a number somewhere. Forgotten days later.

Irish Green would have done it for me, but none came up for sale while I was looking and I got impatient.
Magical Story!

Quick Reply: Selling my Voodoo Blue GT4