Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Selling my Voodoo Blue GT4

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 11:41 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

I think the tough thing with highly spec'd and/or PTS GT4s, at least for me who is a potential buyer, is that there is a psychological price ceiling around $110k for a GT4. Getting into the $130-140k range is my cpo TTS territory. So emotionally and logically, it would be difficult for me to justify essentially paying TTS money for a GT4. I'm not saying they are not worth it, just not a price that I am personally willing to pay. Again, I speak for myself here and not the market.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:53 PM
QueueCumber
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Old 09-13-2017, 11:57 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
I think the tough thing with highly spec'd and/or PTS GT4s, at least for me who is a potential buyer, is that there is a psychological price ceiling around $110k for a GT4. Getting into the $130-140k range is my cpo TTS territory. So emotionally and logically, it would be difficult for me to justify essentially paying TTS money for a GT4. I'm not saying they are not worth it, just not a price that I am personally willing to pay. Again, I speak for myself here and not the market.
My guess is the turbo will be about $100k in a few years and the gt4 will be about well, probably around what it sells for today. At the end of the day, get what you enjoy, but if price/cost is the deciding factor, I think this unique gt4 is the one to get.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:02 AM
QueueCumber
Racer

I guess if you're going to a lot of Porsche events then the PTS will make your car stand out as unique. (other stuff erased...)
Old 09-14-2017, 12:07 AM
QueueCumber
Racer

All that being said, going to erase my previous comments. I don't want to hurt any potential sales based on my own issues with PTS...

Good luck with sale!
Old 09-14-2017, 12:18 AM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by johnny2five
My guess is the turbo will be about $100k in a few years and the gt4 will be about well, probably around what it sells for today. At the end of the day, get what you enjoy, but if price/cost is the deciding factor, I think this unique gt4 is the one to get.
I would argue the exact opposite, if price is the deciding factor, then the lowest priced GT4 would be the one to get (assuming good history).
Old 09-14-2017, 12:26 AM
QueueCumber
Racer

I would argue the exact opposite, if price is the deciding factor, then the lowest priced GT4 would be the one to get (assuming good history).
Well, certain options are usually more desirable. Buckets. If not tracking PCCB. I don't think these need lifts, but some do. Personally, if I could do it over again, I'd make sure it had satellite. Hate how I have to listen to radio every time I restart the car before iPhone connects. Some Pearl Jam or Grateful Dead on Sirius/XM would be much welcome noise.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:35 AM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by QueueCumber
Well, certain options are usually more desirable. Buckets. If not tracking PCCB. I don't think these need lifts, but some do. Personally, if I could do it over again, I'd make sure it had satellite. Hate how I have to listen to radio every time I restart the car before iPhone connects. Some Pearl Jam or Grateful Dead on Sirius/XM would be much welcome noise.
There are 3 for sale by me locally by the same dealer that all have desirable options. All 3 have bucket seats, 2 have PCCBs, all relatively low mileage (under 10K).

One is listed for $105k (the one with steelies), the second for $118k and the third (high option and PTS) for $127k. All are 1-owner with clean history. So if, for example, your only must have was bucket seats and were open to color, option 1 would seem like a good buy among these 3.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:42 AM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Also, with satellite (which I have now and didn't on my previous 911), I just use the phone app since you don't have to pay extra if you already have Sirius in another vehicle. So I am indifferent on the satellite option in the used market.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:50 AM
QueueCumber
Racer

There are 3 for sale by me locally by the same dealer that all have desirable options. All 3 have bucket seats, 2 have PCCBs, all relatively low mileage (under 10K).

One is listed for $105k (the one with steelies), the second for $118k and the third (high option and PTS) for $127k. All are 1-owner with clean history. So if, for example, your only must have was bucket seats and were open to color, option 1 would seem like a good buy among these 3.
I'm just nitpicking personally. Mine is fully loaded. In love with it. Wish it defaulted to CD rather than radio anytime I plug in iPhone. Perhaps Porsche can program that change!!!! I always leave a CD in the car, would be nice if it defaulted to that rather than crappy radio after I listen on iPhone. Bad programming!
Old 09-14-2017, 12:53 AM
QueueCumber
Racer

I'm just nitpicking personally. Mine is fully loaded. In love with it. Wish it defaulted to CD rather than radio anytime I plug in iPhone. Perhaps Porsche can program that change!!!! I always leave a CD in the car, would be nice if it defaulted to that rather than crappy radio after I listen on iPhone. Bad programming!
Albeit, if that means they are less focused on the balance and amazing fun of the car, F*** it, I'll take the few seconds to be annoyed by radio. Keep focusing on the driving experience....
Old 09-14-2017, 12:55 AM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

It's funny that you mention it though since my free subscription just ran out a few days ago. And I'll admit, I was a little miserable at first fumbling around with the phone app which sometimes takes a while to connect or trying to find a CD I wasn't tired of. So yeah, there is certainly a nice convenience factor to it that I'll miss!
Old 09-14-2017, 01:05 AM
QueueCumber
Racer

It's funny that you mention it though since my free subscription just ran out a few days ago. And I'll admit, I was a little miserable at first fumbling around with the phone app which sometimes takes a while to connect or trying to find a CD I wasn't tired of. So yeah, there is certainly a nice convenience factor to it that I'll miss!
They got that one thing right! Satellite before radio... hahah
Old 09-14-2017, 01:18 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

This is why you don't select the SatNav... the base radio lets you default to Aux input (with a Bluetooth to Aux adapter) every time, so the car always starts up connected to your phone.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:27 AM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Im not sure one would cross shop a TTS and GT4. Much different driving experience and feel.

Personally, I prefer my 991.1 GTS over the TTS. Had the opportunity for one and took the GTS. The lines of the turbo don't flow as well to me...and I prefer the note of a NA engine. Blasphemy I know.

Quick Reply: Selling my Voodoo Blue GT4