Sponsored by: APR

AutoQuest Motorsport - 981/991/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 11:52 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Weird logic. Instead of showing some photos of the product and make more people interested in buying it or make these people aquatinted with your brand you are making up some conspiracy theories.
If someone wants to copy it you will send him PM with detailed instructions.
He can also order it and simply copy.
+1

Thats why it pays to have a separate spam email account set up that you only check for those rare occurrences and otherwise ignore and just blanket delete every now and then.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:49 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Weird logic. Instead of showing some photos of the product and make more people interested in buying it or make these people aquatinted with your brand you are making up some conspiracy theories.
If someone wants to copy it you will send him PM with detailed instructions.
He can also order it and simply copy.
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/1008...ing-curve.html
Old 08-19-2017, 01:17 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

We recently had to install a set on the passenger seat for a customer with a GT3RS, as his wife called in and gave us a hard time that his seat was more comfortable than hers. Happy wife happy life haha
Old 08-19-2017, 05:48 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

Old 08-20-2017, 09:30 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

With Cantrell anti-sub bar: do you have to remove the bar, or detach it from any bolts during the adjuster arm installation?

Can you provide torque values for the bolts that hold the kit together?

Last edited by needmoregarage; 08-20-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:44 PM
PorscheRuminator
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a GT3 on order, still finalizing my build. I was on track as a passenger in a 991.1 GT3 and I really hated the way the LWB seat pushed my head forward, so much so that if I didn't find a solution I was ready to order standard seats and consider aftermarket seats for 6 points. If your solution meets the expectations so many of us have you will stay busy filling orders!

FWIW I was in corvettes for years and the seats were famously terrible compared with the rest of the performance of the car. Many of us had custom fixed back racing bucket seats made that used the standard electric seat motors to alllow tilting of the whole seat as well as elevation etc. Never had any problem myself nor heard of any problems re the minimal tilt for comfort and any safety issues that could arise.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

[QUOTE=PorscheRuminator;14414964]I have a GT3 on order, still finalizing my build. I was on track as a passenger in a 991.1 GT3 and I really hated the way the LWB seat pushed my head forward, so much so that if I didn't find a solution I was ready to order standard seats and consider aftermarket seats for 6 points. If your solution meets the expectations so many of us have you will stay busy filling orders!

I too have a 991.2 GT3 on order. Not sure about the US, but ROW gets to choose either Sport Bucket Seat or Full Bucket Seat (which is the same as the LWB in my GT4) for the clubsport pac. Most of us have specced the SBS as it more comfy (and a lot cheaper!) and just like the 997.2 Clubsport pac seats which lay forward and allow access to the rear a lot easier. They also take 6 pt harnesses.

I have ordered the AutoQuest product for my GT4 but still anxiously awaiting delivery after another uncomfortable weekend on the track.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:28 PM
BealeAss
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 96 Posts

So I just installed these yesterday, install actually wasn't too bad and frankly I consider myself totally not mechanically inclined

Install took maybe 90mins with me being really really careful along the way.

The seating position is definitely better, depending on the angle you set the seat at it reminds me a lot more of an open cockpit seating position. It took me a few hours of driving to re-adjust, but upon second drive this morning I totally dig it. Now I just have to decide to add one to the passenger side or not.

One other thing to note, you don't plop down in the seat nearly as much, the slight lift and angle makes getting in a lot easier.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:54 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
With Cantrell anti-sub bar: do you have to remove the bar, or detach it from any bolts during the adjuster arm installation?

Can you provide torque values for the bolts that hold the kit together?
Sub bars do have to be removed to access the bolts to install our adjusters. I cannot at this moment provide you with a torque value, we typically tighten it up as fully as possible and back it off just a bit to ensure no binding of the movement of the seat.

Originally Posted by PorscheRuminator
I have a GT3 on order, still finalizing my build. I was on track as a passenger in a 991.1 GT3 and I really hated the way the LWB seat pushed my head forward, so much so that if I didn't find a solution I was ready to order standard seats and consider aftermarket seats for 6 points. If your solution meets the expectations so many of us have you will stay busy filling orders!
I would say with confidence to get those LWBs as the seating position is much improved without a doubt : ) For extensive track use, we always recommend something with some more lateral support for safety purposes such as the new RaceTech 4119W. That is the most comfortable and supportive aftermarket seat I've ever sat in, its the safest, and a revision of that seat with head restraints is used in the factory Porsche race cars. Take a peak inside the 2017 RSR in the pits, you'll see it haha.

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
I too have a 991.2 GT3 on order. Not sure about the US, but ROW gets to choose either Sport Bucket Seat or Full Bucket Seat (which is the same as the LWB in my GT4) for the clubsport pac. Most of us have specced the SBS as it more comfy (and a lot cheaper!) and just like the 997.2 Clubsport pac seats which lay forward and allow access to the rear a lot easier. They also take 6 pt harnesses.

I have ordered the AutoQuest product for my GT4 but still anxiously awaiting delivery after another uncomfortable weekend on the track.
International is always a rough wait, apologies you had to go through another track weekend as is. You should be in prime spirits on your next one : )

Originally Posted by BealeAss
So I just installed these yesterday, install actually wasn't too bad and frankly I consider myself totally not mechanically inclined

Install took maybe 90mins with me being really really careful along the way.

The seating position is definitely better, depending on the angle you set the seat at it reminds me a lot more of an open cockpit seating position. It took me a few hours of driving to re-adjust, but upon second drive this morning I totally dig it. Now I just have to decide to add one to the passenger side or not.

One other thing to note, you don't plop down in the seat nearly as much, the slight lift and angle makes getting in a lot easier.
Thanks for the excellent feedback I like your description of the seating position, you're right in it does have that more supportive feeling like when I sit in my shifter karts. However, it is definitely a lot easier to get in and out of than my karts haha, and a bit easier than factory too like you say. Thanks again for chiming in with your thoughts, and if you'd like that second set for the passenger side I still have some in stock : )
Old 08-21-2017, 09:20 PM
Jeremy Wight
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Great to know! I'm still getting used to the seating position, may have to check this out!
Old 08-21-2017, 10:02 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

Installed yesterday in driver seat (only). I wasn't there. Hubby installed with a friend. I cooked a fabulous dinner (my help wasn't needed for the car).

Sat in car with helmet on and with seat in full raised position my head/neck is FINALLY in a comfortable position. Haven't driven it yet but will by the end of the week.

Getting in/out seemed a bit more difficult but maybe it's a matter of getting used to it.

The seat seems VERY reclined in the full down position - but again - it's a matter of adapting and I never drive with it in the full down position.

Not sure if we'll install the second unit. Have to see if hubby finds it comfortable. His first impression is "less comfortable" BUT there are extenuating circumstances due to his very bad back.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:33 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Installed yesterday in driver seat (only). I wasn't there. Hubby installed with a friend. I cooked a fabulous dinner (my help wasn't needed for the car).

Sat in car with helmet on and with seat in full raised position my head/neck is FINALLY in a comfortable position. Haven't driven it yet but will by the end of the week.

Getting in/out seemed a bit more difficult but maybe it's a matter of getting used to it.

The seat seems VERY reclined in the full down position - but again - it's a matter of adapting and I never drive with it in the full down position.

Not sure if we'll install the second unit. Have to see if hubby finds it comfortable. His first impression is "less comfortable" BUT there are extenuating circumstances due to his very bad back.
The new seating position is most certainly a big difference from before. As you guys get some mileage in with it, play around with the seat adjustments a bit. As you raise the seat, the angle of recline will reduce up to .5". Experiment and have fun, and I hope he finds it is actually easier to get in and out of as others have claimed once they get used to it : )
Old 08-27-2017, 02:58 PM
markdk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another happy install

Installed these Last night - what a game changer! If you have LWBs - these are a must. Also, a big shout out to John for providing superior customer service and having a tremendous amount of patience when fielding my dumb questions (even on a Sunday)!
Old 08-27-2017, 03:09 PM
pcolony
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts

I installed in my drivers seat yesterday. The seat is definitely more comfortable, however being 5'7", I now have to slide the seat as far forwards as possible, and raise the seat up about an inch from full low to be able to comfortably fully push in the clutch pedal (and even then I'm kind of tippy towing it).

I'm still driving it around to see if I can get used to having the seat raised up more than I'm used to, I'm hoping I can, because the comfort is there. Once I know for sure if I can adjust, I'll install the passenger ones.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:56 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by markdk
Installed these Last night - what a game changer! If you have LWBs - these are a must. Also, a big shout out to John for providing superior customer service and having a tremendous amount of patience when fielding my dumb questions (even on a Sunday)!
Thanks Mark! I appreciate the kind words very much, it has been excellent working with you. I am very happy to hear you are enjoying them as much as we are : )

Originally Posted by pcolony
I installed in my drivers seat yesterday. The seat is definitely more comfortable, however being 5'7", I now have to slide the seat as far forwards as possible, and raise the seat up about an inch from full low to be able to comfortably fully push in the clutch pedal (and even then I'm kind of tippy towing it).

I'm still driving it around to see if I can get used to having the seat raised up more than I'm used to, I'm hoping I can, because the comfort is there. Once I know for sure if I can adjust, I'll install the passenger ones.
Great feedback Patrick!

For your reference, I am 5'9" and haven't had to move the seat all the way forwards or really change the adjust of the seat much at all. Our tech Frank is 5'8" and more torso than legs, and said that it is different and took some getting used to but after seat time was better than it was. Our owner Amy is 5'7" and more legs than torso, and said she hasn't had any concern or adjustment issues.

At the end of the day, it is likely less about overall height and more about how much of that height comes from the legs or torso. After a lot of seat time in the factory position, it's always a big change putting on our adjusters. I'd expect with some more seat time you will become more adjusted to it and like it better. As time goes along, feel free to give me a call any time so we can chat about your experience in more depth

Quick Reply: AutoQuest Motorsport - 981/991/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS