Sponsored by: APR

AutoQuest Motorsport - 981/991/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 10:55 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Great product idea. But I'd like to see pics of the actual parts being sold and what is involved in the install. Thanks.
+1

I don't understand why everything has to be handled via PM considering how many on here for this info. Is someone afraid of intellectual property theft?
Old 08-11-2017, 12:34 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
+1

I don't understand why everything has to be handled via PM considering how many on here for this info. Is someone afraid of intellectual property theft?
You are 100% correct, we are afraid of that. We spent a long time on R&D to determine the correct route to pursue resolving the issue, and numerous revisions making the pivot arm the perfect length and angle. Unlike our patent pending multi-link rear suspension or custom made shorter final drive ratio, this is a product that we risk having copied by competitors as we know there are those in the industry that have tried and failed to figure out the solution. This is why we haven't posted any pictures of the product, in order to give ours a chance to take hold in the market.

That being said, I have no problem sending anyone the installation instructions to review which include pictures of our adjusters. Just shoot me an email : )
Old 08-11-2017, 04:34 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoQuest Motorsports
That being said, I have no problem sending anyone the installation instructions to review which include pictures of our adjusters. Just shoot me an email : )
Never got it
Old 08-11-2017, 04:37 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

PM / email sent.

I'll be buying at least one, possibly more.

Thanks - I am anxious to try this! I'll post feedback after I have a chance to try it!
Old 08-11-2017, 05:14 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ExMB
Never got it
Email sent

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
PM / email sent.

I'll be buying at least one, possibly more.

Thanks - I am anxious to try this! I'll post feedback after I have a chance to try it!
I got your PM and Email, thanks for reaching out! Looking forward to having you try them out : )
Old 08-11-2017, 07:06 PM
rflavell
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi John:

Please pm me regarding the adjusters and any information you can share regarding the multilink. Thanks
Old 08-11-2017, 08:23 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

Order placed for two.

Will post feedback as soon as we are able to give them a test in the GT4.

Plan to do our own installation and will report back on that as well.

Thanks John for the quick call back, and very late day phone call to answer my questions and get the order placed!
Old 08-12-2017, 12:14 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

After a lengthy R&D process, the change to the pivot arm was the only logical solution to resolve the complaint with no change to the structural integrity and safety of the seat.
John, good to hear you did your homework on the seat mounting. I always find it worrisome modifying a factory seat. I may look into one of these. Also interested in the rear suspension.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:40 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Order placed for two.

Very curious to hear how these feel in the car.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:26 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rflavell
Hi John:

Please pm me regarding the adjusters and any information you can share regarding the multilink. Thanks
PM heading your way now : )

Order placed for two.

Plan to do our own installation and will report back on that as well.

Thanks John for the quick call back, and very late day phone call to answer my questions and get the order placed!
My pleasure Carol, it was a pleasure chatting with you and hope to see you guys down here during the winter : )

Originally Posted by Alan C.
John, good to hear you did your homework on the seat mounting. I always find it worrisome modifying a factory seat. I may look into one of these. Also interested in the rear suspension.
I appreciate that Alan, and i'll shoot you over a PM to discuss the rear suspension.

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Very curious to hear how these feel in the car.
Well I just shipped out about 15 of them in the last two days so I'd expect you to hear some direct feedback shortly : )
Old 08-12-2017, 07:50 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

My second trip to the post office yesterday shipping out seat angle adjusters, thank you all very much for the business!

Old 08-12-2017, 08:23 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoQuest Motorsports
You are 100% correct, we are afraid of that. We spent a long time on R&D to determine the correct route to pursue resolving the issue, and numerous revisions making the pivot arm the perfect length and angle. Unlike our patent pending multi-link rear suspension or custom made shorter final drive ratio, this is a product that we risk having copied by competitors as we know there are those in the industry that have tried and failed to figure out the solution. This is why we haven't posted any pictures of the product, in order to give ours a chance to take hold in the market.

Weird logic. Instead of showing some photos of the product and make more people interested in buying it or make these people aquatinted with your brand you are making up some conspiracy theories.
If someone wants to copy it you will send him PM with detailed instructions.
He can also order it and simply copy.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:37 PM
robziv
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had these installed earlier this year and have been very happy through several DE days and about 3,000 miles. Definitely more comfortable driving both with and without the helmet on.
I am fortunate to live near this shop and have found them to be extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and honest.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:29 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

I emailed you John, I'll take 2.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:26 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by robziv
I had these installed earlier this year and have been very happy through several DE days and about 3,000 miles. Definitely more comfortable driving both with and without the helmet on.
I am fortunate to live near this shop and have found them to be extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and honest.
Thank you for chiming in with the kind words Rob! It was a pleasure meeting you and your GT4 is incredible (love the wrap). I'm looking forward to hitting the track with you once the season picks up

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I emailed you John, I'll take 2.
Email received and replied, thank you for the business Martin

Quick Reply: AutoQuest Motorsport - 981/991/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS