Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

My GT4 Modifications: CF, Decals, Roll Cage, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 02:37 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

Very cool stuff. im not a big fan of all the stickers, but its about what makes you smile!!

I love the CF wing, Love it!

looks like you have sofas? do you plan on running seats and harnesses or just get the bar because it looks cool? if so i would love to hear your plan on the seats!
Old 04-29-2016, 05:04 PM
KEPetersen
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zmon
Looks like you have sofas? do you plan on running seats and harnesses or just get the bar because it looks cool? if so i would love to hear your plan on the seats!
That's one of our next projects: How to incorporate a five-point harness using 18-way seats. Unfortunately, a back injury made the LWBs impossible, but I'm confident we'll find a solution – and when we do I'll share it.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:25 PM
KEPetersen
Advanced

Default Porsche of West Broward

I purchased my GT4 from Roger Penske's new flagship dealership, Porsche of West Broward (Florida). Physically, it's the largest Porsche dealership in the USA, second only to one of Penske's German dealerships. It's a spectacular place, and if you're interested in learning more about it and my buying experience, you can find my Rennlist review here:

LINK: Penske's New Mega-Dealership: My Experience with Porsche of West Broward
Old 04-29-2016, 06:05 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by KEPetersen
That's one of our next projects: How to incorporate a five-point harness using 18-way seats. Unfortunately, a back injury made the LWBs impossible, but I'm confident we'll find a solution – and when we do I'll share it.
interesting! didn't expect that answer. good luck!!
Old 05-16-2016, 10:01 PM
dhus@penskeautomotive
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow!

Kim,

That looks fantastic! We are supremely honored that you bought your Porsche from us. It looks incredible, especially all of the carbon fiber work. I look forward to seeing it in person. Again, fantastic.

Tommy Justice
Porsche West Broward
Old 05-16-2016, 10:19 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,513 Likes on 2,830 Posts

Old 05-16-2016, 11:51 PM
luv2race
Rennlist Member

Received 455 Likes on 226 Posts

Very nice, I'm a big fan of personalization
Old 05-23-2016, 12:20 AM
KEPetersen
Advanced

Default A few updates from the OP

A few updates:

For those who requested more information on the concealed Valentine 1 radar detector installation, I have edited the captions to the photos in my original post. Basically, the remote on/off and volume control is mounted under the dash on the driver's right – out of sight but easily reachable. The remote alert unit that reveals the direction and kind of radar signal is mounted by the driver's sun visor, making it easy to glance up and assess 'the threat.' As for the actual radar detector itself, it is center-mounted on the roll cage's upper cross bar. This is the perfect location, as it is high, at the car's midpoint, very difficult to see from outside the car, and offers ideal 'vision' fore and aft. So far so good, and I'm very pleased.

Regarding the new carbon fiber wing, unfortunately one of the Porsche end plates took a flyer and was lost. When we were building the wing, these were removed fairly easily showing that they had been attached with a two-sided 3M-type of tape. This is what we used to re-affix them when the CF wing was completed. Unfortunately, on the one side either the surface wasn't even or clean or something and at some point it flew off and became a souvenir for some lucky pedestrian. The remaining end plate was tough to remove and would probably have stayed put. With an OEM replacement end plate running close to $500 (!) we decided to build our own using a black/red weave carbon fiber cloth hoping they would pick up the red from the brake calipers and the red outline on the 911R-style twin stripes. If that doesn't look right I'll paint them racing yellow to match the car. In the meantime Pathfinder installed some sheetmetal endplates that look like the originals that will be replaced in a couple of weeks.

All else is going well, the car is fantastic, and I'll update this thread with any future changes.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:03 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,062 Likes on 548 Posts

Great job of individualizing your car.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:22 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 623 Likes on 380 Posts

Is there any data that shows the dive planes actually help balance out the handling of the car? I put a set on my old 996 and felt the difference immediately and that car was a lot slower then the GT4.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:53 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 314 Posts

Bump: can anyone tell me what Font and size the "GT4 3.8" decal on the door would be? Im thinking of doing one for my new Carerra S when i add the X51 Power Kit.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:21 PM
RaceDevelopementCenter
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts
Default congrats

Congrats on the new gt4!!

We offer some carbon pieces that you might like to finish off the look you're going for... We are local to you in Pompano Beach. Welcome to the GT4 family!!!

100% carbon front lip

carbon side ducts

Our full carbon gt3rs style front fenders

Carbon dive planes

Quick Reply: My GT4 Modifications: CF, Decals, Roll Cage, etc.