Sponsored by: APR

GT4 VIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2024, 02:19 PM
DER951
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Default GT4 VIN

Is there a specific part of the VIN that identifies a Cayman as a GT4?

Having a fight with my insurance company who wants to value my GT4 as a base Cayman.
Old 07-06-2024, 09:36 AM
suzuka_joe
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

My insurance cards say "Cayman GT4" when they put my vin number in.
Old 07-06-2024, 12:57 PM
PS-GT4
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

If it’s not a daily driver - go Grundy and do an agreed value policy. Problem solved for a fraction of the price and total peace of mind on value 👍🏻
The following 2 users liked this post by PS-GT4:
Last_935 (07-08-2024), Type901 (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024, 11:49 AM
suzuka_joe
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PS-GT4
If it’s not a daily driver - go Grundy and do an agreed value policy. Problem solved for a fraction of the price and total peace of mind on value 👍🏻
this is what I did. they don't have a mileage limit but they do require a second vehicle insured elsewhere that you "daily." You're also only allowed to drive to events or hobby drives, no errands, no Walmart... but I never did that stuff before so Grundy seemingly has been great so far.
Old Yesterday, 02:57 AM
JGEMDOC
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 84 Posts

make sure they list it as a gt4, and just use your regular insurance. god for bid anything happens, there is a process. i had allstate. got hit head on. car was totaled. have them appraise the value of the car. then when its low balled for the gt4, invoke the independent appraisal clause with YOUR insurer, not any of the other parties involved. hire an independent appraisal arbitrator. mine charges 1k per 100k car value. once that clause is invoked, the insurance company is forced to hire one as well. they will then independently get the value of the car with actual comps. and the insurer is obligated to pay it. i got back an extra 12K for the total loss. yea it can be a bit of a gamble, but it is situational. mine was a CPO and while the miles where about 10k higher than most CPO available at the time, it was still 9-12K higher than the average private sell comp allstate was using. im still using allstate with my 7.1 GT3 for now. the market for those is much tighter and i got a good deal on a drivers example on private sale. once i end up doing either dundons d4 or a 4.0/4.1 build ill have to do an agreed value as that i wont gamble on. but for the gt4, unless you do a motor build, i cant really see much of a need for it.

Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 176 Posts

I have my GT4 on my Erie Personal Auto policy even though I have a Hagerty policy for my collector cars. I have it listed for an Agreed Value I would be satisfied with should I need to recover from a total loss. IIRC, there was no (or minimal) additional cost for the ACV coverage. I just have to pay my PD premium based on the Agreed Value.
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Received 760 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by DER951
Is there a specific part of the VIN that identifies a Cayman as a GT4?

Having a fight with my insurance company who wants to value my GT4 as a base Cayman.
Not as far as I can tell… can’t you show them the Window Sticker?

Quick Reply: GT4 VIN