Sponsored by: APR

Porsche Track Precision App help

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 06:21 PM
cflm3
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche Track Precision App help

I am having trouble with the Wifi connection when trying to connect to my GT4. After putting in the password in the proper format GTx (vin #). It connects yet I get the following error message: "a checkmark next to the wifi and saying no internet connection." See picture. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to connect properly? Is there a setting that I need to change?

Thanks.

Why no connection?
The following users liked this post:
jackippo (07-14-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 06:37 PM
ajw45
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 170 Posts

No worries, totally normal. It just means you're connecting to the car wifi and the car doesn't have internet. That's correct and your phone should still pull gps and internet over cellular.
FYI, this is all because bt doesn't have the bandwidth needed for the track app so even though your phone may be connected via bt a WiFi connection is required for the track app.

Originally Posted by cflm3
I am having trouble with the Wifi connection when trying to connect to my GT4. After putting in the password in the proper format GTx (vin #). It connects yet I get the following error message: "a checkmark next to the wifi and saying no internet connection." See picture. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to connect properly? Is there a setting that I need to change?

Thanks.

Why no connection?
Old 07-15-2020, 09:24 AM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, I had my app running perfectly and have been using it for 2 years. I had to reset my iphone X a few weeks ago. I was a the track last Monday and when I went to use the app I noticed I had to reconnect again. Once I put the information back into the app, inputting the Vin number, it connected but I am having the same issue. "no internet connection", at first I thought it was because of very bad service at the track. I went home and tried it once again and even though connected to hot spot in my GT3, it says no internet connection. I read your reply and still can not see how to fix the issue, maybe I missed something, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-15-2020, 05:57 PM
Golden Child
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure you put in the correct VIN number O or Zero
Old 07-15-2020, 09:05 PM
joliver3
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Golden Child
Make sure you put in the correct VIN number O or Zero
VINs don't use the letter O, specifically to avoid confusion with zeroes. If it looks like an O or a zero, it's a zero.

Old 07-28-2020, 08:33 PM
GeoffLancaster
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackippo
Hi, I had my app running perfectly and have been using it for 2 years. I had to reset my iphone X a few weeks ago. I was a the track last Monday and when I went to use the app I noticed I had to reconnect again. Once I put the information back into the app, inputting the Vin number, it connected but I am having the same issue. "no internet connection", at first I thought it was because of very bad service at the track. I went home and tried it once again and even though connected to hot spot in my GT3, it says no internet connection. I read your reply and still can not see how to fix the issue, maybe I missed something, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
That is the correct status once you're connected to the car. The settings app will show no internet connectivity. Launch the app and you should be good to go.
The following users liked this post:
jackippo (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 09:55 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoffLancaster
That is the correct status once you're connected to the car. The settings app will show no internet connectivity. Launch the app and you should be good to go.
You are correct, it states no internet connection, that is the correct way. once I reset my iPhone and reconnected it worked fine. All fixed.

Quick Reply: Porsche Track Precision App help