Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Porsche OEM Extended Warranty? Prices anyone?

Old 03-26-2019, 09:15 PM
Darkalley36
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Porsche OEM Extended Warranty? Prices anyone?

Anyone gotten a quote on this?

https://files1.porsche.com/filestore...013.1553645407
Old 03-28-2019, 04:18 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkalley36
None of those are extended warranty plans. Looks like service and protection plans.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:59 PM
Darkalley36
Racer

I think it’s a Porsche extended warranty- I copy and pasted below:
Porsche Vehicle Service Protection
Expand your coverage, effortlessly.
Porsche Vehicle Service Protection (VSP) delivers benefits beyond the high standards set by the Porsche factory warranty program, with coverage options up to 10 years or 100,000 miles.1
Pay nothing on covered repairs other than the deductible you select.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:45 PM
Darkalley36
Racer

so I got this (which appears to be identical for the CPO warranty) for $4k for 8 years and 60k Miles. It’s a Porsche OEM extended warranty, fully transferable when I sell, and if I trade it in I get back the “unused” portion. I thought it was a no brainer as it will only help my resale.
The following users liked this post:
swalsh2333 (08-30-2020)
Old 04-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Darkalley36
Racer

From the Porsche Website:
Porsche Vehicle Service Protection delivers benefits beyond the high standards set by the Porsche factory warranty program, with coverage options up to 10 years or 100,000 miles.
  • Pay nothing on covered repairs other than the deductible you select.
  • Monthly payment options may be available if you include the product price with your auto financing.
Covered Components.

Not only does Porsche Vehicle Service Protection extend the coverage for the service of major components, we also cover an extensive range of genuine Porsche parts. This coverage includes:

Engine, Transmission, Drive Axle
Including manual and automatic transmissions, rear-wheel drive and all-wheel-drive.

Climate Control
Including air conditioning and heater components.

Shocks, Front, and Rear Suspension
Including suspension bushings and bearings.

Steering and Brakes
Including power steering and Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) components.

Fuel Systems, Electrical Systems
Including fuel injection, sensors, and power windows and seats.

Navigation, Audio, High-Tech
Including navigation display and Bluetooth.

NOTE: Available on new, pre-owned, and Certified Pre-Owned Porsche vehicles at the time of vehicle purchase or lease. Also available in the service lane for vehicles still covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.

Any necessary replacements made using genuine Porsche new or remanufactured parts, or Porsche-approved parts.

Additional exclusions may apply. Please see your agreement for specific coverage details, including limitations and a complete list of exclusions.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Viperguy324
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

And they replaced my pads....on my PCCBs.....on my Track car.....crazy.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:27 AM
Darkalley36
Racer

For those keeping their GT4’s like me you might want to explore the Porsche extended warranty. For a little less than $4k you can get an 8 year/60k extended warranty from Porsche w a $100 deductible. You don’t have to get it certified you just call the dealer w your vin. I think it’s the same as the CPO warranty except longer (not sure the CPO cost though) For peace of mind and resale at 6 years I thought it was money well spent
Old 05-26-2019, 11:47 AM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I shopped around before I purchased the extended warranty. Best price I found was nearly half of what my local dealers quoted. So if your shopping cost contact Kaye @ Gaudin in LV, her email is below.

kcryer@gaudinporschelv.com
The following 2 users liked this post by RolloGigolo:
Jendyu666 (05-11-2020), Kinderelk (02-25-2021)
Old 05-26-2019, 01:26 PM
Viperguy324
Racer

For those keeping their GT4’s like me you might want to explore the Porsche extended warranty. For a little less than $4k you can get an 8 year/60k extended warranty from Porsche w a $100 deductible. You don’t have to get it certified you just call the dealer w your vin. I think it’s the same as the CPO warranty except longer (not sure the CPO cost though) For peace of mind and resale at 6 years I thought it was money well spent
I don't think we are talking the same thing here... $500/yr is very cheap.. and no inspection? ...just wait til it breaks and then give them your vin? ..I doubt that.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:51 PM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Viperguy324
I don't think we are talking the same thing here... $500/yr is very cheap.. and no inspection? ...just wait til it breaks and then give them your vin? ..I doubt that.
The way it worked for me was, as long as your car is under warranty, and all service is up-to-date (they asked for copies of my service docs), and services completed by Porsche, you give them your Vin and mileage and they work up a quote. The $100 deductible only applies if you are having the warranty service performed at the dealership that you purchase the warranty plan from, otherwise it is $250. You can also tailor it to fit your mileage and years. For example, I did 10yr 75k miles. I could have done 100k miles but I won't get there in 10 years as I'm only at 6k in 3yrs now. There are options. It is different than a CPO however, if you already own the car CPO is not a real option unless you are exercising the circle-jerk option with your dealer. Contact the F&I office at any dealership and they can provide the details. There is a complete contract that has been posted previously. 3rd gear failure would be covered! That's all I cared about. I'm assuming the car is near bullet proof other than a potential shock tower failure. Kaye @ Gaudin gave me by far the best deal, best service, and she actually broke down my options while the other dealers were not as flexible. Get multiple quotes and go with what works best for your situation.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:58 PM
CardiffDweller
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

This is interesting information, because although I've generally been aware of extended warranty plans from big insurance companies (who all suck), I wasn't aware that Porsche was offering this. I have seen some quotes that the value of a CPO is as high as a little over $4k, but that gives you only an extra two years from the end of the original warranty. Getting 6 years for about the same cost with a $100 deductible seems like a pretty good value. Rather than buying a car CPO from a dealer, you could negotiate the price down to account for the dealer not putting the CPO on the car and then put the money saved towards the 6 year (or more) coverage.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:39 PM
Viperguy324
Racer

Here in Germany it is 1470eur every 2 years for full warranty. And naturally they are fine with everything up to range 5... aka track cars.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:05 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Here in Germany it is 1470eur every 2 years for full warranty. And naturally they are fine with everything up to range 5... aka track cars.
Similar pricing and coverage details here in Australia.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:37 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Just to clarify, the brochure says the plan runs concurrently with the original warranty, so while you can buy a 10 year plan, as an example, the most additional coverage you would get would be 6 years. The cost quoted for 8 years at $4k is $1k per year for an additional four years of warranty.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:49 PM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Originally Posted by il pirata
so while you can buy a 10 year plan, as an example, the most additional coverage you would get would be 6 years.
This is correct. Also keep in mind the mileage is part of the equation in figuring overall cost. You can get up to a 10yr/100k mile warranty which is an additional 6 yr and 50k miles added to your existing warranty to run concurrently with your factory warranty. Here in the US the price is negotiable and I encourage you to shop around. I called three different dealers and received three different quotes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche OEM Extended Warranty? Prices anyone?