Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   GT4/Spyder (https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4-spyder-235/)
-   -   Dealer refusing to replace MPSS?! (https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4-spyder/1098348-dealer-refusing-to-replace-mpss.html)

user1029 09-18-2018 08:31 PM

Dealer refusing to replace MPSS?!

Just when I thought my Monday couldn’t get any better, I got a flat tire on the way home. Porsche roadside assistance towed it to the dealership. The dealership I bought my car from installed MPSS the first day the car came in since i daily drive my car more than track it. I have since then moved and this new dealership refuse to replace my MPSS instead they insist that they can only replace it with Cup2. That’s a great idea to have just one Cup2 tire for my passenger side rear :jumper:

ExMB 09-18-2018 08:37 PM

MPSS is not Porsche approved. Are you expecting some freebie under some kind of warranty?

Dr.Bill 09-18-2018 09:19 PM

Take the wheel off and have Tire Rack install the tire you want.
Simple.
Porsche dealers won't put on a tire that doesn't have the mystical 'N' rating. They won't plug holes either.

Errsomeone 09-18-2018 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Simple.
Porsche dealers won't put on a tire that doesn't have the mystical 'N' rating. They won't plug holes either.

Like OP, my dealer ordered and installed MPSS tires on my stock wheels.

ExMB 09-18-2018 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Errsomeone (Post 15300745)
Like OP, my dealer ordered and installed MPSS tires on my stock wheels.

Mine will put on whatever tires I want.

Sometimes I really wonder about posts from members out of AZ; Scottsdale area especially. Are they that full of indoctrinated kool-aid? SMH

9elheven 09-18-2018 10:19 PM

user1029, I'm sorry to hear about your flat and subsequent lack of joy from your Porsche dealership. I always enjoy your posts (except for this one), so I hope you don't let this stress you out too much. Fantasize about driving your (flat-repaired) GT4 with the bombshell of a lady of your choice. :) My fantasy would involve my wife, of course. Uh, is she reading this?

BryanCO 09-18-2018 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill (Post 15300666)
Simple.

Yep. This seems simple. What are we missing here?

Alan C. 09-19-2018 01:29 AM

My dealer will put any tire I want on my GT4.

KOTYKB 09-19-2018 02:45 AM

The Porsche roadside assistance is only valid throughout the warranty duration on your car right?

Warwick Morris 09-19-2018 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by user1029 (Post 15300546)
Just when I thought my Monday couldn’t get any better, I got a flat tire on the way home. Porsche roadside assistance towed it to the dealership. The dealership I bought my car from installed MPSS the first day the car came in since i daily drive my car more than track it. I have since then moved and this new dealership refuse to replace my MPSS instead they insist that they can only replace it with Cup2. That’s a great idea to have just one Cup2 tire for my passenger side rear :jumper:

Grow up.

Craigy 09-19-2018 12:36 PM

Put more air in the tire. Fix a flat if you have to. Go get a patch at a tire store.

drwuss 09-19-2018 12:58 PM

Fix a flat will likely mess with the TPMS. I wonder how much pressure PCNA puts on dealers to enforce policies like approved tires only.

user1029 09-19-2018 10:36 PM

thanks for the support guys, I've never been this sad about the car, the honeymoon is finally over :( my psychiatrist had to double my meds

BryanCO 09-19-2018 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by user1029 (Post 15303473)
thanks for the support guys, I've never been this sad about the car, the honeymoon is finally over :( my psychiatrist had to double my meds

Good to hear that you are coping with the situation.:thumbup: :)

Perimeter 09-20-2018 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by ExMB (Post 15300760)
Mine will put on whatever tires I want.

Sometimes I really wonder about posts from members out of AZ; Scottsdale area especially. Are they that full of indoctrinated kool-aid? SMH

prefer crystal light over kool aid. also prefer having second set wheels and fresh re71 tires ready to go. Keep options open and a GT4 with 5 lugs is an easy change