Sponsored by: Silver Rocket

PCA GTD3 2025

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
Default PCA GTD3 2025

Are you planning on racing D3 in PCA next year? If you have a D3 class car and are not, where ARE you planning to race?
Old 09-23-2024, 09:35 AM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 410 Likes on 295 Posts

I plan to race PCA D3 in 2025. 2024 is my rookie season with PCA Club Racing and still learning the D2 car. But I was offered a RS Clubsport from PMNA and couldn't resist.
Old 09-23-2024, 11:02 AM
cmargosi
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are the PCA classes and where does the Clubsport fit in? I have read the rulebook but still don't fully understand. Does the car have to remain bone stock to compete, or are modifications like the Manthey Airbox allowed? Primarily concerned about where the 718 Clubsport (non RS) fits in, and what modifications (if any) are allowed. Sorry to sort of hijack the thread, but I figure you all might be able to help.
Old 09-23-2024, 12:21 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 410 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by cmargosi
What are the PCA classes and where does the Clubsport fit in? I have read the rulebook but still don't fully understand. Does the car have to remain bone stock to compete, or are modifications like the Manthey Airbox allowed? Primarily concerned about where the 718 Clubsport (non RS) fits in, and what modifications (if any) are allowed. Sorry to sort of hijack the thread, but I figure you all might be able to help.
718 GT4 Clubsport is class GT D2. (The 981 GT4 Clubsport is GT D1, and the 718 GT4RS Clubsport is GT D3), These are all Spec classes, meaning generally modifications aren't allowed unless specifically stated in the rules. I believe there is an exhaust mod allowed for the 981 D1 cars. Also mods that were allowed in sanctioned series are ok, so I believe the side intakes from PMNA are allowed but I'm not sure if other versions are allowed. Perhaps other PCA racers can comment. My current 718 clubsport doesn't have the side window intakes.

There is also a table in the rule book on minimum weight- I think all are 3100lb. And Pirelli DHF are the only tire allowed.

Hope that helps
Old 09-23-2024, 01:02 PM
cmargosi
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zedcat
718 GT4 Clubsport is class GT D2. (The 981 GT4 Clubsport is GT D1, and the 718 GT4RS Clubsport is GT D3), These are all Spec classes, meaning generally modifications aren't allowed unless specifically stated in the rules. I believe there is an exhaust mod allowed for the 981 D1 cars. Also mods that were allowed in sanctioned series are ok, so I believe the side intakes from PMNA are allowed but I'm not sure if other versions are allowed. Perhaps other PCA racers can comment. My current 718 clubsport doesn't have the side window intakes.

There is also a table in the rule book on minimum weight- I think all are 3100lb. And Pirelli DHF are the only tire allowed.

Hope that helps
Very helpful, I did the see the minimum weights. Realisticlally, I have MCS three ways on my car, so I'm not going to switch a suspension to run a few events. I'm working towards really optimizing my car for the racing Series at Autobahn Country Club.
Old 09-24-2024, 08:21 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by cmargosi
Very helpful, I did the see the minimum weights. Realisticlally, I have MCS three ways on my car, so I'm not going to switch a suspension to run a few events. I'm working towards really optimizing my car for the racing Series at Autobahn Country Club.
You can run in a different class while keeping the car as is. It should fit in GT3 or GT2. We have a couple guys considering moving to GT3 from D1 so they can modify the cars and possibly switch run groups at some of the events.

Sorry for the off-topic reply.

Hopefully we see a full field of D3 cars next year.

Last edited by coryf; 09-24-2024 at 08:22 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by coryf
You can run in a different class while keeping the car as is. It should fit in GT3 or GT2. We have a couple guys considering moving to GT3 from D1 so they can modify the cars and possibly switch run groups at some of the events.

Sorry for the off-topic reply.

Hopefully we see a full field of D3 cars next year.
That might be a good idea GT3......get out the Cup Car mid-pack madness.... Sorrry Cory!!!
Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Back to D3. Planning on VIR to start the season, Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio should then be back in May, the Glen, Road America and Summit Point. It would be good to know where to expect a decent of D3 cars.
Delivery of the car expected this weekend. Set up over the winter.
What plans do others have?
Old Today, 03:31 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 836 Likes on 421 Posts

The biggest fields tend to be at Sebring, Watkins Glen and Road America. Road Atlanta and VIR also have good sized fields for most of the D classes as these are the "Clubsport Series" tracks with the big trophies.
Old Today, 08:08 PM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Should be plenty of GT4 RS CS at Sprint Challenge. Atter next year, who knows. Likely more will filter down to PCA.

Back to the D1/D2 conversation. Seems it would be in PCA's best interest to keep as many Crocs in the class they were designed for. Opening up the rules to permit D1 and D2 cars to make basic changes like shocks and air intakes, two things these cars desperately need, seems like smart business. It would also be beneficial to keep Crocs in the same race group. Imagine if D1-3, SPC and GTB1 all ran together. Then you have a field that looks more like Sprint Challenge and even though the cars are not the same the driver experience will even some of that out resulting in very competitive racing. And it gets the cars out of the Cup run group. Win win for all.

Quick Reply: PCA GTD3 2025