Old 07-14-2017, 11:15 AM
Stamatis
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Puzzled about this 930 turbo

sorry no pics yet.
Found a 930 T in Arhens Greece.
Very shady car.
Not a clean title, auctioned by Customs Office as it was confescated 10 years ago.
Vin is scraped and so are engine numbers.
Will be sold with a "salvage" VIN meaning that I can register it as a 911 but not specific model and year.
Stayed in a hangar for the last 10 years, no rust, good shape, missing rear trunk (completely) front lights, dash with everything, exhaust, front bumper and mirrors.
Has some nice Fuchs on and the engine "turns" so not seized.
I am not allowed to inspect the car further but from what Ive seen so far needs a lot of care (piping is gone, brakes are rusty etc) and the auction will start in 5 days.
I do not intend to bid on it so to make it a parts car, I always wanted one and with the prices these days I never thought I could ever have such a car.
If I win, it will be a keeper and I really dont care about resale value or such (missing vin must be a red light to a collector I guess) dont have children and never will, so who cares what happens to it when I die, so I will just restore it and drive it as a daily.
I am afraid I will face strong competition on my bidding because I guess parts could bring more money to someone than fixing a "blank" vin car, so fingers crossed and lets hope this thread will evolve into a nice restoration story.
Cheers everyone and thanks for any tip or wisdom you are wiling to share.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Stamatis
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The hammer went down at 68.500€
Not a price I could match taking into consideration the amount needed for reatoration.
So.... even with scraped VIN the 930 is quite an item of strong desire as it seems.

Quick Reply: Puzzled about this 930 turbo