Notices

New member looking for a suggestion.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 12:19 PM
shootamc58
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New member looking for a suggestion.

I'm new here and look forward to the info this forum and its members can provide. I've made the decision for my next fun car to be a 911. I'm debating between a 911 turbo s and GT3. I won't track on any regular basis (maybe once a year). I love fast and exclusive but honestly like the NA engine in the gt3 better. I usually only keep a car for a summer or two, but this one will be a longer term keeper and I'm concerned about down the road costs with the turbo version. I know this is a totally subjective queston, but I'd love any and all input you all could offer. What say you Porsche fans? GT3 or Turbo s?
Old 05-16-2017, 02:41 PM
Blaine 997
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You probably should post your question in the forum that matches the car that you were looking for information on. There are different turbo forums based on what generation of turbo and the same thing goes for GT cars. The model specific forums get a lot heavier traffic than this general form does. Probably the best way to get the advice you are looking for.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:15 PM
champignon
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My suggestion would be to go look at a bunch of Porsches and hopefully drive a few of them, before deciding on what car and what vintage to go after. An honest reflection on what you are going to do with the car, how you will drive it, and what you can afford will be important deciding factors as well.

Quick Reply: New member looking for a suggestion.