Notices
View Poll Results: Which one should I buy?
GT3
42.86%
GT4
57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

GT3 vs GT4?

Old 02-26-2017, 08:56 PM
DailyGT4
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 vs GT4?

Hello everyone,

I have always been a Porsche fan but havent been following up with the latest models. My first sports car was a 1996 Carrera 4s 993. It was gorgeous recaro bucket seats and a turbo wing. I bought it used in 1999 and sold it a couple of years afterwards (big mistake!). Since then, I've owned a Jaguar XKR, Viper GTS, BMW M5 and latest a BMW M2. A couple of weeks ago I was at a track day/time Attack event and got a chance to try out a Porsche GT4 and instantly fell in love with it. I sold my M2 and about to pull the trigger on one. Meanwhile, there's a GT3 that came up for sale at almost the same price as the GT4. I realize this sounds like a no brainer but please hear me out.

-The GT4 only has 10,000km on it vs 60,000km on the GT3.
-The GT4 is a 2016 model with plenty of warranty left while the GT3 is from 2014 and I might be able to pay to renew the warranty for another year.
-Both come with carbon seats and have a small roll cage.
-While I do prefer a manual, my wife would be able to drive the GT3 every once in a while (no this is actually a positive point ).
-I love the fact that the GT4 is a mid engine and is a beast on track but I also love the history behind the 911.
-The GT4 is a perfect car for me but I can't get over the 9k rpm on the GT3 and boy does it sound good.

If they were both within the same mileage and manual, I would of probably gone with the GT3. But now, I'm really not sure. Maybe leaning more towards the GT4.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by DailyGT4; 03-07-2017 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:20 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 65 Posts

This seems like a easy decision......manual or PDK. Also, you'll never see 9k on the street unless you are driving yourself to the jail house. Being a ex-E92 M3 owner I can safely say I only saw 8700 rpm on track and my car was heavily modified. If your wife's ability to drive is a factor you better get the GT3.....happy wife is a happy life.........Phil

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT3 vs GT4?