Notices

Dash cam in my 993

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 05:19 PM
cblyx6
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash cam in my 993

So a couple people asked me to post some pics of my black systems dash cam that I am running in my 933. Very good camera with front and rear view. Also has motion sensor technology as well as wifi to your phone for quick viewing. I bought this about 4 months aga and hard wired it in the car, and it saved me a hefty bill and a claim on my insurance recently in an accident that done significant damage to the front of my car. So for anyone who cares about the well being of the Pcar, it's a pretty good investment.
Name:  image_1.jpeg
Views: 352
Size:  81.7 KB]http://Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 362
Size:  82.1 KB[/url]

Old 06-06-2020, 03:00 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 351 Likes on 189 Posts

So I got a dashcam (separate front and back camera) but the installer (pretty good rep, we've used his shop a few times for installation on our other cars and were happy) said there is no way to hide the cable on the headliner w/o damaging it. He spent a couple hours figuring out alternatives or other cam models, no joy.

Closest solution he said is to clip the wire along the wind shield rubber gasket and A-pillar, down the door post and then hide in between the upper and lower part of the dash. But the wire will still be visible.

To his credit he said no success, no charge.

Then I saw this post...

Anyone able to install dashcam in their 993 and successfully hid the wire? Suggestions, advice?

Thank you in advance.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:18 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

I installed a dash cam in my 993 turbo and have one installed in my cab. I had no issue running the wire just inside the rubber molding. On other cars I usually tap into the mirror or dome light. However, on the 993s I run the wire across the header down the A pillar and into the front truck where I use a fuse jumper in the fuse box. Doing this requires removing the dash but that is about a 15 minute job.

Here is a photo of the BlackVue installed in my cab.

Quick Reply: Dash cam in my 993