Notices

CARiD.COM SUCKS!!!!

Old 08-09-2016, 07:57 AM
carid
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your quick response! I have already forwarded a note to our customer support team to update you with the latest details on your order! Our guys will contact you back shortly with a call back or an email.

If you have any urgent questions or concerns - feel free to contact me in PM, I will be glad to help you.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm already in contact with them. You're waiting for those two "in stock" wheels to come in.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by carid
Mark, thanks a lot for pointing me to this discussion, as I didn't receive a notification about it earlier.
This issue is way out of ordinary as everyday we successfully process and ship out hundreds of orders and many of the forum members are our returning customers.

First of all I want to apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with this order.
Please PM me your order number and email address so we could follow up on it. I've also notified our manager to pay extra attention to your order and make sure it get's resolved as soon as possible.

Additionally you can contact me directly here on the forum or call us in at 800.505.3274 ext 8036 / 888.978.3395
Originally Posted by carid
Thanks for your quick response! I have already forwarded a note to our customer support team to update you with the latest details on your order! Our guys will contact you back shortly with a call back or an email.

If you have any urgent questions or concerns - feel free to contact me in PM, I will be glad to help you.
Thanks for your replies. Just so that there is no communication error about what needs to occur, unless Dan tells us otherwise and is now willing to accept late delivery of his wheels, he wishes to cancel the order in its entirety and without penalty.

Dan has been incredibly disappointed at being told that the wheels were in stock, only to find out that they were not in stock and had to be custom ordered, resulting in a tremendous waste of time and energy dealing with an issue that would not have been created if he were given the correct information to make an informed decision.

Moreover, Dan has been a longstanding member of Rennlist for a tremendous number of years, but, even if he had only been a user for a scant day, no customer in any industry wants to place an order only to find that the material facts are incorrect, resulting in a reduction of options.

I know CARiD wishes for a better customer experience than what has transpired here. I hope that it can remedy this issue immediately, for the bad press is detrimental to CARiD's reputation. Again, if there is other information with this transaction that I am not aware of, please PM me.

Thank you for understanding and helping.

Best,
Mark
Old 08-09-2016, 08:43 AM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Thanks for bring this to our attention, Dan. In the past I have considered using CARiD and am glad I didn't. Certainly won't ever use them now. There are many other reliable vendors out there from which to choose.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:48 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Lying to customers to secure an order and then leverage a policy against that customer is BS! of the first order. Your company has a policy for no cancellations of custom orders. But your sales people lied about the items being in stock in order deceive Dan and create that custom order

I hope everyone you did this to nails your company in a class action.

That is simple abuse of the customer. Are there not laws about falsely entering into contract? Why not call the police and file a report of online fraud?

If John still ran this site, he'd boot CARid....
Old 08-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by David993S
Thanks for bring this to our attention, Dan. In the past I have considered using CARiD and am glad I didn't. Certainly won't ever use them now. There are many other reliable vendors out there from which to choose.

Hope it works out for you.
I see very few if any rennlisters buying from this company again. This is the way the world works these days. Karma is a bitch.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I was up just after 2:00 this morning and saw the CARiD post and thought, dude you are already 5 days too late to be posting an apology.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:00 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Looking at your corporate logo I have to ask if this is an accident, an intended rip-off, or intended because it is all the same company?...

Is CARiD part of TD Bank? TD Bank paid Bill Clinton $1,800,000 in "speaking fees" during his wife's Pay to Play time in Washington so it's a fair question.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:55 AM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan87951
I'm already in contact with them. You're waiting for those two "in stock" wheels to come in.
The ones that on August 5, you were told would be received in 24-48 hours?
Old 08-09-2016, 12:27 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 414 Posts

I could care less if CarID drop ships, most resellers do. I do care that they've completely screwed the customer and "free rode" on the customers dime while lying all along the way. The funny thing is that if they told Dan about the situation he just might of said, fine (can't speak for him). As an act of good will they should ship the wheels in a very timely manner and forgo their commission on them (lets face it thats what a drop shipper is, a broker). Thats what a smart business would do. Let' see if they're smart. I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:13 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Update:

CARiD called me while I was in a meeting today. When the meeting was over, I checked my email and received the below email from them. From reading the email, CARiD is placing the blame on the manufacture for the delayed ESD (Estimated Ship Date). Seems odd, as I remember being placed on hold for a few minutes why Luis made some phone calls to verify inventory. Either way CARiD has not offered to cancel the order or offer any type of concession on their part. I definitely learned a valuable lesson about reading a company’s policy before ordering.

I just wanted to extend a big thank you to Mark (moderator) as he took a genuine interest in my order with CARiD and did what he could to help me! Even though I was unable to come to a resolution with CARiD, it’s people like Mark that have your back when something goes wrong with a vendor. Mark went above and beyond of what I had expected him to. Thanks again Mark!

“Hello Dan,

I tried calling you earlier and left a message. I wanted to contact you regarding the actual status of your wheels. The manufacture provided an incorrect ESD and we already received the front wheels and the rears are being delivered to me today. Here is the tracking from the manufacture to me showing getting delivered today.

1Z173Y1V0341989169

Once these are received I have marked your order a priority. I cant change the ESD in my system due to certain system restrictions but what that does is that it will get mounted and as quickly as possible and usually goes out with 24 – 48 hours. If you have any questions you can call me back at my extension below or you can email me back and I will call back or email back.”

Alordofchaos, yes those are the ones.

Streckfu’s, I couldn’t have said it any better!!! “Lying to customers to secure an order and then leverage a policy against that customer is BS!”

David993S, no problem!
Old 08-09-2016, 01:27 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

You should call them back and make the point that getting the product is not the issue. The issue is being lied to about in stock inventory.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:28 PM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

. . . it it will get mounted and as quickly as possible and usually goes out with 24 – 48 hours.
Alordofchaos, yes those are the ones.
Thanks for replying but I was being a little facetious.

I see another "it will be done ASAP, another 24-48 hours, no, really this time - well, probably, we usually get it shipped this time"

It's like that Seinfeld episode in the Chinese restaurant, where they spend the entire show being told. . . .
Old 08-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by streckfu's
You should call them back and make the point that getting the product is not the issue. The issue is being lied to about in stock inventory.
What's the point? They already know what my grievances are with them. It's obvious they are not willing to do anything and honestly I don't have the time for it. If they ran a honorable business they would have already offered some type of concession by now, but they are only willing to point fingers (manufacture) to substantiate their claim.

Originally Posted by alordofchaos
Thanks for replying but I was being a little facetious.

I see another "it will be done ASAP, another 24-48 hours, no, really this time - well, probably, we usually get it shipped this time"

It's like that Seinfeld episode in the Chinese restaurant, where they spend the entire show being told. . . .
I know you were but wanted to bring it to the top again.

Thanks for this though! I needed a good laugh! haha!
Old 08-09-2016, 01:46 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

What's the point? They already know what my grievances are with them. It's obvious they are not willing to do anything and honestly I don't have the time for it. If they ran a honorable business they would have already offered some type of concession by now, but they are only willing to point fingers (manufacture) to substantiate their claim.

I know you were but wanted to bring it to the top again.

Thanks for this though! I needed a good laugh! haha!
The one good thing to come from this thread is the amount of people who are warned against using this company. I'm sorry you had to go through it but thank you for posting about it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CARiD.COM SUCKS!!!!