Notices

A good restoration shop in Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 04:13 PM
Synchromesh
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A good restoration shop in Bay Area

I'm a little new to this so please bear with me. I have a '68 912 which needs some finishing. I purchased this car that has been sitting for sometime through somebody I know. This guy told me he'll help me with restoration for a modest fee. Unfortunately, he turned out to be extremely unreliable and very difficult to deal with so it appears I might need professional help to get the car back together. Here is the stuff that needs to be done:

1. paint engine and engine compartment. Currently engine is out of the car and has been stripped of paint (but not apart)

2. clean up interior and put it back together. That includes leather treatment, cleaning out remaining dirt, putting on headliner and dashboard pad (both of which I have)

3. misc finishing including cleanup and minor reassembly

There is a technical component of putting the engine back into the car but I found somebody who is willing to help me put it back together so I won't be needing that. Basically need to get all of the cosmetics done. Are there any shops in Bay Area who have a reasonable rate for this kind of work?

Quick Reply: A good restoration shop in Bay Area