Notices

State Farm can't find my GTS model

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 04:41 PM
fredz
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default State Farm can't find my GTS model

Hey there. This is something I haven't experienced before. I went to have my new 2015 GTS insured and the co. can't find the model, GTS. It only shows Porsche 911. I have sent the build sheet and everything to my rep..who is very cool and smart and very frustrated....but underwriting can't get the model to show anywhere. I said it was a model that has been out for some time and this is silly. KBB can find it...and so did AAA. So, after exhaustive hours.. they finally labeled it as a GT3 and got the value of $135 in the system for my car. But I am still wanting it to show properly just in case. She told me that since I have the $135 dollar value and a policy...regardless of showing GT3..it is covered..and if anything (were) to be questioned...showing the build sheet from PNA and the Vin..and the price..it is not a problem.
Has anyone else encountered anything like this?
seems sophomoric to me
fredz
Old 10-30-2015, 05:50 PM
IslandS52
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have not had this situation happen but I would definitely question the insurer classifying the car as a GT3, which I would be sure would have higher rates. A GTS is much closer to a Carrera S than it is to a GT3.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:33 AM
mikes70
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 122 Posts

well state farm seemed to charge me appropriatley up front for my 410hp chevy tbss, but when it was stolen, they couldn't find the model....and they insure 12 vehicles of mine. Good, but not great.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Steve Jensen
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Try dealing with someone who insists that a VIN must be given, and that 222522 isn't a valid one

Quick Reply: State Farm can't find my GTS model