Notices

Financing a 991 Carrera GTS and 991.2 GTS release

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 12:11 PM
SomeoneSomewhere
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Financing a 991 Carrera GTS and 991.2 GTS release

Hi, first post here (though I read the forum for some time now)

Here's my trouble, I would generally not finance anything, but I see Porsche is going the turbo route, and currently don't have the money to buy a 911. I will probably have the money in about a year, but it might be too late by then.

Now, what do you guys think, should I try and get a loan to buy a nice 991 NA (manual of course) now, or should I just let the whole NA thing go? Or maybe even trust Porsche to keep the GTS turbo-free?

Also, I am not familiar with Porsche's release cycle. I see people saying that Porsche will probably wait some time to release the 991.2 GTS after the base 991.2, does that mean they will keep selling the 991 GTS in the meantime?

Thanks in advance,
SS
Old 08-26-2015, 02:22 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 562 Posts

I was in somewhat the same predicament. Hadn't planned on getting a GTS quite yet but given the supposed change to a turbo engine (I want a GTS with a naturally aspirated engine), I was able to get out of my base 911 cabriolet lease a year early so I could upgrade. I thought about buying as well but ultimately I went for a lease. I would rather hold on to my cash (and possibly invest it) rather than invest it in a depreciating asset. I am awaiting my 2016 cab GTS - starts production in mid-September and should arrive in early November. Supply is limited, so I suggest you get moving if you are going to take the plunge. FYI, I was able to get 5% off the MSRP on my car (at the Porsche Downtown LA). Hope this helps!
Old 10-20-2015, 09:33 AM
cajerseyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Doing a "GTS" search and found this thread that speaks to my situation as well. Never owned a Porsche but fell in love with the brand when my best friends dad got a red, used 944 when I was 12. I still remember my first drive in it and also when he caught me picking my nose in the back seat on our way to soccer practice! I can still remember him saying "pick me a winner". Good times!

Fast forward to today and I have my own 2016 GTS Cab on order to be delivered in Feb 2016. It's pretty loaded and comes in at 147k msrp. A steep price tag for my situation but I wanted the car speced out perfectly so used wasn't an option given the low inventory of used GTS cabs out there.

Questions to the community:

1) has anyone gotten between 10 and 15 % off MSRP for a new P car?

2) open to lease or purchase - any creative ways to get the best pricing?

Thanks for the help!

B
Old 10-21-2015, 08:44 PM
fredz
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

May not be the answer you are searching for..but.
I found a great car back in NJ. It was a build of $138,840. The previous Lady Dr. owned it and only put 3200 miles..and turned it back in due to the ride...she apparently didn't like the GTS ride vs Turbos , etc. The car was, is, immaculate!!! Black on black on black wheels. GREAT build..and only a guy would build a car like this, but She was a 'driver' not a person who just drives...so it was perfect. They listed the car at $125,000 ..and I got it for just a tad less......120. and when it was delivered it was like Christmas!!
The car has all the needs and desires...and at that price I thought it was a good deal...and I also only wanted an NA, handshake trans, and GTS....
They are hard to find..and when I located an allotment option from a dealer friend of mine.....I built it and it and tried to stay under 130, no possible if you want goodies...so I bought the black one.
hope you get what you want..........they are sick fun!!
Old 10-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Dealer has 10% in the car.......so unless there is "trunk" money on a 2015..you won't find a deal in the 10-15% off range. Tons of Turbo's around with large discounts...GTS much harder to find....I have GTS Targa coming in next week and negotiated a solid deal based on my buying history with my dealer.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:33 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

gts 911 are end of cycle cars. 991.2 is just beginning the cycle. since the 3.8 NA is going away from the lineup, they will not produce them ongoing as evidenced by the fact they are off the site and configurator for 16.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:28 PM
cajerseyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

The responses are appreciated! Still working out the pricing details. They have offered 5% off MSRP, I have countered 7%
Old 03-09-2016, 12:36 AM
DrCGuerra
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
The responses are appreciated! Still working out the pricing details. They have offered 5% off MSRP, I have countered 7%
If my math is correct, that's less than $3,000 difference. I wouldn't let that little keep you from buying it. Since interest rates are still low, go ahead & finance it. You can always pay it off sooner if you want to.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:45 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every time Porsche changes something, the enthusiast all scream and freak out, like the world is being ruined. Also, every time Porsche changes something, the cars get better. I went right past the current GT3 and other "natural" breathers, and ordered the 991.2. Easy choice...

Quick Reply: Financing a 991 Carrera GTS and 991.2 GTS release